PDA

View Full Version : Ammo Inventory

Rick
06-19-2009, 03:03 PM
Just curious if anyone keeps an inventory of their ammo? I do. By gauge/caliber, type, quantity and date purchased.

oneraindog
06-19-2009, 03:14 PM
none of it sticks around long enough for me to inventory it :/

crashdive123
06-19-2009, 03:28 PM
Yes I do, but don't include date on it. I also keep a copy of it with me so that when I'm out and about I can refer to it to see what I'm lacking. Stopped by one of my favorite gun shops today - they were having a sale. I took some pics that I'll post in a bit.

SARKY
06-19-2009, 04:05 PM
I sure do, especially since I reload. I also keep an inventory of reloading components as well. Most important since the same primers and powders can be used to load different calibers. Keeping track of my inventory also tells me when I need to reload more of a caliber.

Ole WV Coot
06-19-2009, 04:29 PM
All my reloads are marked completely. Factory ammo I sealed in ammo cans and only need to count them, caliber written on the side & date but I don't think that's gonna matter.

2dumb2kwit
06-19-2009, 04:47 PM
Just curious if anyone keeps an inventory of their ammo? I do. By gauge/caliber, type, quantity and date purchased.

What was that name y'all called Ken? LOL

I keep some stored in ammo cans,(Labeled) but I just kinda keep in my head what I have in 2 ammo bags, for when I go shooting.

This does not count what is "close at hand, if needed":innocent:.

crashdive123
06-19-2009, 05:00 PM
What was that name y'all called Ken? LOL

I keep some stored in ammo cans,(Labeled) but I just kinda keep in my head what I have in 2 ammo bags, for when I go shooting.

This does not count what is "close at hand, if needed":innocent:.

Yeah, but it sounds like you're not talking about 30,000 rounds.

2dumb2kwit
06-19-2009, 05:03 PM
Yeah, but it sounds like you're not talking about 30,000 rounds.

I plead the fifth!:innocent:

Ken
06-19-2009, 05:59 PM
Yes I do, but don't include date on it. I also keep a copy of it with me so that when I'm out and about I can refer to it to see what I'm lacking.

Precisely what my answer would be. Except I keep my lists in a notebook in the car. Ya' know, info like the tools I "need", printer and fax cartridge types, odd battery sizes I use, fluid, filter, and belt specs for the vehicles (just got a 10 year old BMW M3 today from a client and I have no idea if I'm gonna' keep it or not....) key codes (meaningless to anyone the way I write the down).........