PDA

View Full Version : Attn. Wolf Pack!

Sarge47
10-04-2007, 08:48 PM
Here's a question that has come up elsewhere and I thought it might be kinda cool to post it here and see what comes up.

Q.) What got you 1st interested in Wilderness Survival?

A.) (mine) Actually, I really started thinking about it while reading Stephen King's book: "The Girl who loved Tom Gordon." Okay, your turn.:rolleyes:

ryaninmichigan
10-04-2007, 10:56 PM
never really had a catalsyt. I don't know anything else...

scabbyota
10-05-2007, 09:00 AM
I guess I was born that way. I've been interested ever since i can remember.

WildGoth
10-05-2007, 03:12 PM
the ninja i know seems weird but they are meant to be survival masters to get their mission done

trax
10-05-2007, 04:28 PM
I'm with the first two respondents on this one Sarge, it's just the stuff I've done since childhood and I still love it.

Tony uk
10-05-2007, 04:39 PM
Since i went on a TA basic survival course, We did things like shelter, navigation, food and signals

Sarge47
10-05-2007, 04:47 PM
Let me put it another way. Everybody loves the outdoors, what I'm referring to here is the narrow view of Wilderness "Survival." You know, the art of being prepared in the event of UNPLANNED danger! If this doesn't change your answers then leave them be. However if it does then let us know.;)

Tony uk
10-05-2007, 04:52 PM
Oh well i have a diff anser, I started wanting to know about it when all the recent natural disasters have happened and i think that its good to be prepaired

ryaninmichigan
10-05-2007, 05:55 PM
Let me put it another way. Everybody loves the outdoors, what I'm referring to here is the narrow view of Wilderness "Survival." You know, the art of being prepared in the event of UNPLANNED danger! If this doesn't change your answers then leave them be. However if it does then let us know.;)

I have been hunting in tracks of land in the thousands of acers that are not populated since I was 14. Nearest gas was an hour. Nearest hospital was 3 hours. So I have been brought up to survive. Oh and I enjoy it.:)

sam30248
10-05-2007, 09:36 PM
i have 2 answees ,1.i was raised in the country, its a way of life.2.i read patriots surviving the coming collapse, its a great what if book.

mbarnatl
10-06-2007, 05:51 PM
I grew up in the mountains of upstate N.Y., played in the woods everyday. But I remember when I was 8 yrs old I got interested in survival skills from a Avalon Hill bookcase game. It was "Outdoor Survival: a Game about Wilderness Skills". There are dozens of real-life situations in the five basic Outdoor Survival games. Lost,survival,search, rescue and pursue. Came with a 24 page booklet on survival skills. Reading that booklet got me into wilderness survival ever since.

wareagle69
10-06-2007, 09:25 PM
I've always been comfortable in the woods, i remember being four yrs old playing in the woods by myself and thinking this is the way it was always going to be, as i got older i found myself after the rangers growing a little angry with civilians and started hanging out with a few ppl on the fringe of the law and society my mentality at that time was different i looked up to guys like Eric Rudolph and randy weaver and Rambo, ppl who fought for what they believed in then could disappear into the dessert or woods hide out then come back in cause more trouble for the cause then disappear again, maybe i grew up a bit or maybe i got tired of running from the law, but 15 yrs later i do it just for fun and knowledge also for peace of mind in hard times i could make it, although a small peice of my mind and heart still is always an outlaw..

WildGoth
10-06-2007, 11:53 PM
i forget but i also learned because i use to go hunting with my dad and was a little afraid of getting lost so i taught myself some basic stuff and the rest is how they say history or social studies whatever