PDA

View Full Version : splinter weapons

erunkiswldrnssurvival
06-17-2009, 10:39 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7API-zDyaM

this video was filmed in New England and the wood is from the Scarlet pin oak, and a black Birch.

wooden splinters are obtainble from almost any crashed or broken tree.

what is your poinion? what would you use instead?

vthompson
06-18-2009, 04:25 AM
I thought that it was informative. If I were in a survival situation, I would probably use something like that to try to gather small game with.

erunkiswldrnssurvival
06-18-2009, 09:41 AM
the splinters give you the sharpest possible points.and if it breaks, it breaks back to a sharp point.

a self sharpening tool

erunkiswldrnssurvival
06-18-2009, 11:36 AM

this splinter torch can be used for weapons also

erunkiswldrnssurvival
06-19-2009, 09:43 AM
the complete "ray" of wood is needle sharp at one end and the angle of increase gives the ray strength.

the wood punctures almost anything as well as steel

Rick
06-19-2009, 01:17 PM
Indeed it does. You've obviously never slid down a utility pole at a rapid rate of speed. You can acquire the most amazing set of splinters you can imagine. All sizes. In places you would never ever want to keep splinters. Some places quite unhandy.

Probably everyone that has been in the business has had the pleasure but I remember one in particular in which a fairly new guy hugged one to the ground. He had a nice chest full of pencil sized splinters that the head lineman removed with a set of 9" lineman pliers. I'm WAY too big of a sissy for that. Shot please?! Yes, needle or glass, either one or both will work just fine.

Ole WV Coot
06-19-2009, 04:07 PM
Indeed it does. You've obviously never slid down a utility pole at a rapid rate of speed. You can acquire the most amazing set of splinters you can imagine. All sizes. In places you would never ever want to keep splinters. Some places quite unhandy.

Probably everyone that has been in the business has had the pleasure but I remember one in particular in which a fairly new guy hugged one to the ground. He had a nice chest full of pencil sized splinters that the head lineman removed with a set of 9" lineman pliers. I'm WAY too big of a sissy for that. Shot please?! Yes, needle or glass, either one or both will work just fine.

I knew I had missed some experiences but watching is enough. I have seen the "biggies" pulled out but the other cord of wood had to work its way out. Fortunately we were close to a liquor store so we could fortify ourselves while we watched the rookie suffer, made it easier on us and we all didn't need to feel bad did we ?:sneaky2:

Rick
06-19-2009, 04:12 PM
I burned a railroad pole once. That's the only one. Took a 17 inch splinter in my right bicep. The good news is it only went in deep enough to leave a "story" scar.

erunkiswldrnssurvival
06-19-2009, 04:20 PM
formidable even to encounter , a splinter can cause signifigant damage.
and intense pain.

that makes them perfect hunting tools.

ClayPick
06-20-2009, 09:57 AM
A wooden spear is one efficient survival item. They have a lot of uses besides being a one ruthless hunting tool. Tip them with a sliver of bone …… deadly! They can keep you from going through ice to.

erunkiswldrnssurvival
06-22-2009, 08:20 PM
heart of pine makes the finest splinters. birch is another one. though most all woods can be used