PDA

View Full Version : Not strictly forraging, but...

WildThing
06-16-2009, 02:22 AM
Entertaining, none the less :)

http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/know_your_vines.png

Rick
06-16-2009, 07:36 AM
That's pretty funny. This looks like a case for Captain Jewelweed!

zweedledee
06-24-2009, 02:33 PM
I am trying to learn how to forage, hunt, fish, survive outside with the bare necessities in southeast Louisiana. I have found a swamp, a fishing hole, and a bunch of HUGE wild boar. The only thing I would need to learn now would be how to fish with no pole, maybe how to make a net? How to make safe drinking water out of the swamp water/fishing hole water, and how to kill the boar. I am also looking for guides on what plant life I can eat. Any ideas?

nell67
06-24-2009, 02:53 PM
First off,how about heading over to the intro thread,and tell us a bit about yourself??? Any experience with any of the things you are looking for informationabout? Age? Location?

moondog
07-10-2009, 02:13 PM
yea i have that same question i live in south jersey i have really no idea on how to tell an edible plant from one that can kill you so i alittle stuck and also im decently new to all of this i need help

crashdive123
07-10-2009, 03:46 PM
yea i have that same question i live in south jersey i have really no idea on how to tell an edible plant from one that can kill you so i alittle stuck and also im decently new to all of this i need help

Plenty of help can be found here. How about starting with an Introduction here http://www.wilderness-survival.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14 and then feel free to ask away. Check out the search function as well. You might find some good stuff.

toughsord
07-13-2009, 01:36 PM
I am trying to learn how to forage, hunt, fish, survive outside with the bare necessities in southeast Louisiana. I have found a swamp, a fishing hole, and a bunch of HUGE wild boar. The only thing I would need to learn now would be how to fish with no pole, maybe how to make a net? How to make safe drinking water out of the swamp water/fishing hole water, and how to kill the boar. I am also looking for guides on what plant life I can eat. Any ideas?

try a large deadfall or a makeshift bow. if you really wanted some danger you could try a spear but those boars will tear you to peices if you dont kill it fast.

Winnie
07-13-2009, 02:27 PM

First forget the boar. Fishing is easier and a lot safer it's all about survival after all.
Try the search function there's lots of info on treating water and general survival.:)