PDA

View Full Version : strange things afoot

pilgrim
10-02-2007, 04:27 PM
so whats the weirdest thing you guys have seen out in the wild?

corndog-44
10-02-2007, 09:08 PM
I have seen my fair share of weird out in the wild, but the weirdest would have to be the time I saw a possum come out of the anus of a large dead dog.

Nomad
10-02-2007, 09:56 PM
I would have to say the wierdest things i see are usually in town!

trax
10-04-2007, 12:04 PM
I would have to say the wierdest things i see are usually in town!

I absolutely agree.

carcajou garou
10-04-2007, 02:02 PM
I have seen a "bear walker", still do from time to time.

ryaninmichigan
10-04-2007, 02:20 PM
I have seen a "bear walker", still do from time to time.

What is that?

trax
10-04-2007, 02:27 PM
What is that?
same question....

carcajou garou
10-04-2007, 02:32 PM
An evil cursed entity, a mix between a "werewolf and demon"
A "bear walker" is anishnawbee culture entity, I am not anishnawbee, but we use the term loosely so people can have a focal point to describe it, it serves the purpose.

trax
10-04-2007, 02:42 PM
It sounds like you're describing the windigo, cannibals that used to be human according to anishinawbe legends, but have turned into these fearsome creatures because of their craving for human flesh. They also have legends about shape shifters.

carcajou garou
10-04-2007, 02:45 PM
No, not a "wendigo", this is was a cursed being sent by some bruho to do an evil deed.

carcajou garou
10-04-2007, 02:50 PM
It was never human to begin with, an entity

trax
10-04-2007, 03:41 PM
I've heard legends of both. I'd like to hear more about when and where you saw this thing..

owl_girl
10-04-2007, 03:46 PM
A couple years ago when I was out hiking with my little brother and cousin out in the woods, they were walking out in front of me when they both stopped and started sniffing the air. I was like what are you guys doing, peaches we smell peaches they said, I was about 3 feet behind them and I couldn’t smell a thing so I tolled them maybe it was their imagination. No you have to be right here in order to smell it they said. I thought maybe they were joking with me because they knew peaches were one of my favorite scents, but I stepped forward and the smell hit me and it was really strong, it smelt like someone dropped a bottle of peach shampoo but there was nothing on the ground and when I took a couple steppes back or a couple steps forward I couldn’t smell it, it was just in that one spot in the air. We tried to find the source of it but there was none. We sniffed all the plants and flowers around where the scent was and it wasn’t coming from any of them. The smell just hovered in the air in that one spot like a bubble that was about 2 and a half square feet and though it was strong once you stepped out of that space you couldn’t smell it. It smelled really really good though.

Not as sci fi as a bear walker though lol

owl_girl
10-04-2007, 04:12 PM
Is a bear walker kind of like the bearwolf they clam to have it south east MN / south west WI? I don’t believe in them but I’ve heard of them.

pilgrim
10-04-2007, 04:13 PM
my friends and i thought we saw sasquatch while camping by a river one night... not sure what it could have been but it sure freaked us out!

Dark786
10-04-2007, 05:58 PM
Hey owl your close with that south west WI but its not west its east by me. i have never seen one. but there is a road that goes to lake michgan that they travle on. sopposable,

ryaninmichigan
10-04-2007, 11:02 PM
I have spent what some would call to much time in the big woods. any guess what? nothing out there for me

criticalmass
10-04-2007, 11:53 PM
I saw a pigmy Nigerian goat raping chickens in a pen once while working.

In Arkansas no less.

I'd have to agree with one of the above posts, "strangest things in town"

owl_girl
10-05-2007, 01:03 AM
Hey owl your close with that south west WI but its not west its east by me. i have never seen one. but there is a road that goes to lake michgan that they travle on. sopposable,

Oh ok. You know some of the creepiest woods I’ve been in were in WI. My favorite woods are in northeast Wisconsin up by Michigan, really pretty woods but kind of spooky. They got pretty cliffs and bluffs up there too.

Still don’t believe in bear wolves though.

man.vs.wild
10-06-2007, 01:04 AM
i saw some weird bugs once on a small branch on a tree they looked like little white fuzz so i pluked one off to look at it thinking it was a type of mold or moss or somthing but to my suprise it had tiny little legs on it ! i think there like termintes and eating the wood but im not positive if anyone knows what these are plz tell me im still tryin to figure it out !

ryaninmichigan
10-06-2007, 09:30 AM
Oh ok. You know some of the creepiest woods I’ve been in were in WI. My favorite woods are in northeast Wisconsin up by Michigan, really pretty woods but kind of spooky. They got pretty cliffs and bluffs up there too.

Still don’t believe in bear wolves though.

North west Michigan are my stomping grounds. Nothign spooky there. I love those woods.

eddiec
10-06-2007, 04:35 PM
Once I saw "saw whet" owls sitting in a tree, just maybe three feet away from me, checking me out. This one time, my wife and I saw a HUGE deer(?) crossing the road in front of our car. This thing was gigantic!! (I've never seen a moose before, but I'd bet dollars to donuts at was as big as one) My wife and I effectionately called it "the great Illinoisan horse-moose deer"...

mbarnatl
10-06-2007, 05:29 PM
my ex-wife.:D

wareagle69
10-06-2007, 09:15 PM
the strangest thing i ever heard was during my first fall in Arizona. i was living in flagstaff at the time and was heading to phoenix at night. i was about 30 min south of flag just before coming down the mountain i stopped at what is usually a very beautiful rest area during the day great view for miles into a canyon when thru the night i heard the eeriest noise i had ever heard turns out it was a bull elk bugling absolutely eerie and beautiful..

Sarge47
10-06-2007, 10:47 PM
I was up in Northern Ontario and I saw this Moose calf named "norm" who could snore & fart at the same time...:rolleyes:

owl_girl
10-06-2007, 11:58 PM
North west Michigan are my stomping grounds. Nothign spooky there. I love those woods.
I was up in Niagara Wisconsin. Where I live now strangers smile and wave at each other but up in Niagara if you smiled and waved at a neighbor they would look at you like what do you want. Not the friendliest place I’ve lived though there were some friendly people and the land was beautiful. Still I say it was spooky, even my brother thinks it was spooky but this was mostly because of some of the people there were creepy like once some guys chased me through the woods one night and that was a little creepy lol. They didn’t catch me though :D.

Fog_Harbor
10-08-2007, 09:41 PM
This'll sound like BS - and I still haven't explained it yet...

It was January, and I was doing some winter camping. The site I chose was half way up a hill from a resevoir. In the middle of the night, I was laying in my tent, when suddenly a wind came up (it was a cold calm night, barely even a breeze) from the east, next i heard a loud rumbling, which reminded me of a locomotive powering up, then lights came on. All this happened from east to west.

After what seemed like forever, the events quit in reverse order - The lights went out, the sound stopped, and the wind quit.

I must have left half my equipment behind as I packed as fast as i could to bug the heck out of there.

I looked on a map the next day, and the nearest road was two miles away, the nearest railroad tracks nearly five miles, and the nearest foot trail about a mile.

I don't believe in ghosts or flying saucers, and I've been around enough aircraft to know a helicopter when I hear one.

Like I said - I still can't explain it, and it happened 20 years ago.

LadyTrapper
10-09-2007, 04:17 PM
Hope this applies to this thread.
Our trail cam captured what I thought to be one of the neatest things I have seen.(after the fact)
A little 4 pointer is in motion to get out of the apples as the bigger buck sneaks his head in for an action photo quite unique.
I would like to share it with you here.....
http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p287/ladytrapper/Copyof2bucks.jpg

owl_girl
10-09-2007, 04:23 PM
Thats awsome LadyTrapper

pilgrim
10-09-2007, 04:24 PM
Thats a pretty neat trail cam pic... wish you coulda got a shot of the bucks fighting, got my first dear after a nine pointer whipped a little six pointers a#@. One of the best experiences of my life.

trax
10-10-2007, 03:09 PM
that's a neat picture lady trapper. One time when I was out moose hunting, my partner and I saw two bulls fighting. We could only see them across the lake with our binoculars, but with just the naked eye we could make out the flash of the sunlight on their antlers when they'd charge each other. We heard them before we saw anything because when they met and locked antlers it was like a rifle shot. Just a huge crack reverberating across the water. Through the binoculars we could see them hitting and tussling and the cow standing patiently off to one side waiting to see who'd win her affections.

We never got either one of those moose either, lol.

marberry
03-03-2008, 03:06 PM
i saw someone running around the forest naked by the lake of the woods , he was screaming that his dick had flown away and he needed to catch it , dono what he took but he was really ****ed up.

once when i was hunting 'cough' wolves in 'cough' riding mountain national park with my friend tyler he grabbed me and said he saw a sasquatch, we went down the hill and thought we saw it so we loosed our entire clip of 'cough' 40 rounds of .308 British and .270 Win on it from about a kilometer away when we went to check what it was (it was hard to tell we kinda blew it to pieces) it was a moose. it was prty weird but you had to be there to truely find humor in two teenagers one 'cough' firing full auto at something out of eyesight in the middle of a provincial park. did i mention neither of us had a scope?

Beo
03-03-2008, 03:24 PM
carcajou garou, sorry bro but that sounds like a load of crap.
Lady Trapper that pic is great, how come the trail cams of Bigfoot are for crap and yours is great?

Beo
03-03-2008, 03:33 PM
Here's what I found at 1st Nations on Bear Walkers, a not so evil spirit.
Bear Walker By Two Ponies (Blackfoot Medicine Man)
"Walker Between the Worlds"
From the time our original ancestors wandered the forests and grasslands north of the equator, Bear was considered a special relative, teacher, and Spirit. In shamanic cosmology, Bear was known as One who lived in the Upper World, Middle World, Lower World and who assisted Souls in their passages between the worlds. Ursa Major (Big Bear) and Ursa Minor (Little Bear) were cherished as navigational helpers to travelers and their celestial movements followed throughout the year. Much later these constellations became popularized as the Big Dipper and the Little Dipper. Many ancient stories recount how Bear came from the celestial world to provide humans with necessary information on how to survive harmoniously on Earth. Earth Bear (Middle World) was considered both the ancestor and special teacher to humans. From different cultures, with slight variations, stories describe how a woman and bear mated, produced progeny, and thus we are part bear, part human. In ancient cave paintings, bear paw prints and human hands are found together. By following Bear's behavior, humans could find sources of food; watching Bear, they learned how to make poultices mixing mud and certain leaves. Throughout the Northern Hemisphere, there were Bear doctors, Bear dreamers, and special Bear Ceremonies to honor this Great Spirit. Bear was considered the consummate guardian of the Lower World, entering the Cave, disappearing for the Winter months, and reemerging in the Spring, often with cubs. For many shamans, the Spirits of the Lower World were the source of their power; like Bear, they went into the lower, hidden world seeking power and renewal. Dating back 50,000 years in Europe, and found in later archaeological sites in California, are human and bear bones in shared graves, sometimes with special necklaces wrapping the two together. Speculating from these findings, and ancient literature, Bear may have been perceived by some shamanic cultures as the Spirit who helped accompany the soul in its cycle of birth, death, and passage beyond this earthly world.
Thus, like the Tree of Life and the River of Life, Bear was, and remains for many, a symbol of Eternity. I have been researching, teaching, journeying, and following Bears in the wilderness for the past several years. My shamanic call has been to learn more about the way of Bear Medicine Power and to do what I can to help preserve the remaining Bears in our wilderness areas.

Aurelius95
03-03-2008, 03:37 PM
I was spending the week at Moosehead Lake in Maine with my family back in June 2006. One morning, my dad and I went fishing around 6:30. We were about 1/2 mile from shore when we heard a large splash. A bull moose had gone running through the camp and then decided to go for a swim. Notice the ducks swimming near the shore. They don't seem to be bothered by this interloper.

http://images.cdmazika.com/images/29fjvauxupoftkc2hqa7_thumb.jpg (http://images.cdmazika.com/viewer.php?file=29fjvauxupoftkc2hqa7.jpg)

I think this is the same moose later on in our trip.

http://images.cdmazika.com/images/0vnmpq966bwm7dqrk49k_thumb.jpg (http://images.cdmazika.com/viewer.php?file=0vnmpq966bwm7dqrk49k.jpg)

Beo
03-03-2008, 03:45 PM
That's real nice Marcraft, talking about hunting wolves for whatever reason (beyond me) and in a national park no less and just blasting on somethng you had no idea of what it was... remind me to never hunt with this guy.

beerrunner13
03-03-2008, 04:09 PM
i saw someone running around the forest naked by the lake of the woods , he was screaming that his dick had flown away and he needed to catch it , dono what he took but he was really ****ed up.

once when i was hunting 'cough' wolves in 'cough' riding mountain national park with my friend tyler he grabbed me and said he saw a sasquatch, we went down the hill and thought we saw it so we loosed our entire clip of 'cough' 40 rounds of .308 British and .270 Win on it from about a kilometer away when we went to check what it was (it was hard to tell we kinda blew it to pieces) it was a moose. it was prty weird but you had to be there to truely find humor in two teenagers one 'cough' firing full auto at something out of eyesight in the middle of a provincial park. did i mention neither of us had a scope?

Back away from the keyboard,seek help from a growm up, There is a reason some folks can't have guns and some animals eat thier young and you are an example of both. I won't even get into all the other stupid things you just admited to why in the heck would anybody empty a clip at an unknown target and who would be stupid enough to alow you to get within a hundred yards of a loaded wepon? I hope you never make it across the border.:mad::eek:

Beo
03-03-2008, 04:26 PM
A kilometer is 1093.6133 yards or just over 10 & 1/2 football fields which is 100 yards per football field, and you did this with your .308 and a .270 and your how old. You should join the Canadian Shooting team cause alot of snipers have never made shots that far in their entire military carreer.

trax
03-03-2008, 04:39 PM
and he invented a caliber known as .308 British in the process, now if he's said .303 British I might have kept reading but it just kept getting thicker after that. Nobody's dumping full magazines in Riding Mountan National Park without getting busted, they've got guards and RCMP all over the place there and the .303 British is a bolt action rifle used by British, Aussie and Canadian forces from WW1 up to Korea. Bolt action marcraft, no "full auto"...

carcajou garou
03-03-2008, 05:05 PM
Trax, there were some SMLE#4 Mk1 that were re-barrelled to .308win (maybe that were the misnaming came from) After Korea, they needed a special mag that incorporated the ejector, but most comonwealth used the SMLE in .303 Brit. Afterwards The FN (C1, C2, L1 etc..) took over and they were in 7.62 x 51 (Nato) with a 20 rd mag and larger cap for the C2.
1 Klick shooting that take a lot of practise, keeping it full auto well...

carcajou garou
03-03-2008, 05:24 PM
Beo, I should correct the my term of "bear walker" in my culture we have no parallel word for such the true creature in Anishnabee culture that are predominent here. I used it to give a reference name for those familiar with Anishnabee culture. In that culture a "bear walker" is indeed an evil presence, not to be misconstrued with part of the Bear lore, clan, lodge or rites.
It is not a Wendigo either.
The creature in our culture, is a shape shifting evil creature that is sent by a dark witch (bruho) to torment, eventually destroy someone. Often taking the shape of a bear, wolf or some large predator.
And how did you know that a load of crap was often left at the seen??
I wonder.
I have seen it on several occasion along with a few other peoples. So far I am still alive but that is another story.

wildWoman
03-03-2008, 05:25 PM
Last spring, a moose went through the candle ice right in front of our cabin. He struggled for quite a while but eventually managed to heave himself up onto the shore ice and then melted back into the woods. While he was still fighting to get out, another moose was starting to cross over this way from the other side of the lake! As soon as the one moose was out, we started hollering and howling with the dogs to discourage that second moose from crossing, which luckily worked. Then one hour later, a young cow moose was on the ice, just a few yards from where the one moose had gone through! She kept gingerly placing one leg, slowly shifting her weight, and freezing when it felt unsafe. This time we didn't dare to make a sound but fortunately she decided the ice was too rotten and turned back into the woods. That was quite the evening!!

carcajou garou
03-03-2008, 05:26 PM
PS, It has cost me dearly already.

carcajou garou
03-03-2008, 05:37 PM
Just another entry: Anishnabee= Ojibwa

bear walker (plural bear walkers)

1. (Native American, folklore) an evil sorcerer, specifically one who walks by night in the form of a bear.
* 1983, Christopher Vecsey, Traditional Ojibwa Religion and its Historical Changes[1], ISBN 0871691523, page 148,

These bear-walkers owed their powers to their personal manito, the bear, and traveled in disguise at night, causing disease among their victims.

Beo
03-03-2008, 05:42 PM
Didn't mean anything by it carcajou garou, I was joking although it is hard for most whites and these days alot of people to believe in such things. My good friend Medicine Wolf would be kicking my azz for saying that, I apoligize and hope I didn't offend you or any of the Native American's here.
Of the spirit you spoke of I have not heard only similar types of things such as skinwalkers, and of course the Wnedigo. The Wendigo I actually do believe in as the native American Elders and historians I have talked to have offered up too much evidence.

carcajou garou
03-03-2008, 05:58 PM
No offence just educating in a good way.

I could recount one confrontation with the creature that would have you in stitches... actually save my Harley from theft, go figure:D

Beo
03-03-2008, 06:11 PM
This is the research for my Native American Novel (due out this year) on the Wendigo, the information was received from the Ojibwe tribe at First Ojibwe.net, the Cheyenne of the Southern Cheyenne reservation, and the Blackfeet tribe of Blackfeet Indian Nation in Northern Montana, The Lewistown Reservation Shawnees, the Cherokee Nation, and the Seneca-Cayuga Tribe of Oklahoma, and the Miami and Deleware Nations.
The history of the Wendigo dates back so many years that most who were interviewed either could not remember when the story had not been told, or would not talk of this evil spirit. Among the Indian tribes it has several names: Wendigo, Windingo, Witigo, Wetiko, and Wee-Tee-Go, but each roughly translates to mean “the evil spirit that devours mankind.”
Native American versions of the creature speak of an evil spirit up to eight feet tall, which had once been human but transformed into a creature by an act of cannibalism. Though all of the descriptions of the creature vary slightly, the Wendigo is generally said to have glowing eyes, long yellowed fangs, and an overly long tongue. Most have a grey-yellowish skin but others are said to have matted hair. They are all tall and lanky and driven by a horrible hunger. But how could a person grow to become one of these strange creatures? According to legend, the Wendigo is created whenever a human resorts to cannibalism to survive. In years past, such a practice was possible, although rare, as the severe snows and ice cut off many tribes and settlers. Unfortunately, eating another person to survive was sometimes resorted to and thus the legend of the Wendigo was created. But how real were (or are) these creatures? Could the legend of the Wendigo have been created merely as a “warning” against cannibalism? While this is unknown, it is believed that white settlers took the stories seriously. Sightings of the Wendigo have been told from the frontier days up until now, from the late 1800s around a town called Rosesu, in Northern Minnesota, to the last century. One of the more famous cases of beccoming a Windigo involved aBlackfoottrapper from Alberta named Swift Runner. During the winter of 1878, Swift Runner and his family were starving, and his eldest son died. Within just 25 miles of emergency food supplies at a Hudson Bay Company post, Swift Runner butchered and ate his wife and five remaining children. He eventually confessed, and was executed by authorities at Fort Saskatchewan. That he resorted to cannibalism so near to food supplies, and that he killed all those present, reveal that Swift Runner's was not a case of pure cannibalism as a last resort to avoid starvation, but rather a man suffering from Windigo Psychosis and becoming a homicidal cannibal. Another famous tale is of the Wendigo hunter named Jack Fiddler, a Cree Indian. He claimed to have killed no less than fourteen of the creatures in his lifetime, although the last murder resulted in his imprisonment at age 87. In October of 1907, Fiddler and his son Joseph, were tried for the murder of a Cree Indian woman. They both plead guilty to the crime but defended themselves by stating that the woman had been possessed by the spirit of a Wendigo and was on the verge of transforming into one entirely. According to their defense, she had to be killed before she murdered others of the tribe. There are still many stories told of Wendigo’s that have been seen in North America.
In Northern Ontario near the cave of the Wendigo, and around the town of Kenora, where a creature said to be a Wendigo, has been spotted by traders, trackers, and trappers for decades, there are many who still believe that the Wendigo roams the forests and prairies of North America. Whether it seeks human flesh, or acts as a portent of coming doom is anyone’s guess. But, before you start to doubt that it exists- remember that the legends and stories of this fearsome creature have been around since before the white man walked these lands. The legends had to have gotten started somehow, didn’t they?
White historians will tell you that this tale is made up with no proof to back it (unless you ask a Native American or look at the track record of our early white historians) and it’s an old legend to scare kids to sleep. So remember… when you head into the forests of North America… in the winter when it’s cold and gray… if you get lost and can’t find your way out… Beware! The spirit of the Wendigo may be lurking about. Nahhhh it's an old myth ain't it?

Beo
03-03-2008, 06:15 PM
And I see by your Location: Kanata you are in your vilage, very nice as most would think it was the first word for Canada.

carcajou garou
03-03-2008, 06:52 PM
Ya, the blackrobe's mis-interpretation of our word describing a village.

Rick
03-03-2008, 08:21 PM
Interesting thread. I've picked up a thing or two or three. Thanks carcajou!

Smok
03-03-2008, 10:16 PM
Will my story is not as good but ...A friend and I would go cat fishing on weekends will out in the spring about 11:00PM we heard a hum out on the lake and then a light came on but it was in the water this all stopped at the same time , about 10 min. later the hum and light was back this time it was closer. Bob never said anything to me and I did say a word so we sate there for over an hour with that hum and light come closer all the time. Then all at once it was right in front of us not a hundred feet out.. Here are two grown men not really easy to scare but I will say my hair was on end I had no idea what it was , tell then ..Two guy out carp hunting with bows they had a generator and lights in the water but you could not see the boat just the lights under the boat. later Bob said he was ready the leave a long time ago but said of I was man enough to stay put so was he there was just something about a light in the water that is not supposed to be there that will put you on edge, it was very funny

cyc79
03-03-2008, 10:25 PM

You're scaring me.Please DO NOT come west.

FVR
03-03-2008, 11:12 PM
NJ Pine Barrens.

Riding our motorcycles down the sandy dirt roads, through the woods and came upon a spot where a jet had crashed.

Another riding trip we ended up in an area that was used for some kind of satonic rituals.

Yet another trip landed us in an area with a pack of wild dogs that chased us for miles. We got the bikes loaded and in the truck right before the dogs circled the truck.

While riding once, we came upon a cabin in the middle of nowhere. The family was on the porch, about 8 of them, most with guns. Yeh, we got out of there real fast.

Once while stalking through the pines, I came upon a cut up steer.

We use to go deep into the Pine Barrens and there was all kinds of weird stuff.

Yeh, and being dumb sheots, we use to have parties in the Pines and go hunting the Jersey Devil at midnight. The trees use to reach out and grab us, we would run and run, and we found ourselves in a cedar swamp, with the trees grabbing us.

Indian springs, we took off our bdu's to take a swim in the iced mountain stream in spring, and we got covered by lady bugs, that stung. One guy jumped into the water and busted his nose on a rock.

Also at Indian springs, we were being tracked by a mountain lion.

Two years back, on Spooky Mountain, in my treestand and I hear a deer. Ended up being a goat. How the heck does a goat get all the way back where I was hunting, and how did it survive. Let the strange critter go.

Delaware River, back in 78 or 79, early morning plugging for stripers, I saw a submarine. Yes it was, I don't care what you say, it was a freak'n submarine.

cyc79
03-03-2008, 11:52 PM
I once saw a seagull swoop down & gobble up a baby duck while it was swimming with it's siblings behind mama.Another time same thing but this time a big ol' jackfish got one from below.Kinda like Jaws.Neatest thing was seeing a young eagle swim.We were fishing in a small bay & noticed it in a tree watching something in the water.Turns out a small fish was floating dead.The eagle tried a couple times to skim over the water & grab the fish in it's claws but kept missing.Finally it sat in the tree studying the situation for a few minutes.Suddenly it tried again & managed to connect but miscalculated & hit the water.Rather than let go,it used it's wings to "paddle" to shore where it finally got to eat it's hard earned meal.Other than that,just the usual,seeing moose,caribou & bears swimming from island to island plus a couple wolf kills & various encounters over the years with them.Always nice to see.

dilligaf2u2
03-04-2008, 07:48 AM
It is not what I saw but what I should have. I was hiking in Pennsylvania. A trail along a creek bed. SW of Champersberg PA. I got to one of those covered wooden bridges and crossed the creek using it, about sun down. I set up camp on the other side, on a flat spot, where I could just make out the covered wooden bridge.

When I woke in the morning the bridge was gone. Looking back up the creek about 75 yards the way I had came the evening before. Was a mettle bridge with traffic crossing on it. I walked to it and saw a paved road, I would have had to cross this road to get to where I had made my camp. There was a gas station and a dinner close by. I went to the dinner and ordered a cup of coffee. On the back wall was a picture of the covered bridge from a new paper article about the bridge burning down to vandals back in the 50's. That is 1850's A new bridge was built up stream from the old one and later replaced with the bridge that was there now!

If any of you find that bridge? Please get a picture for me! Everyone I know thinks I am nuts because I know what I saw but I also know what was there the next morning!

Don

I did ask around about the bridge. No one knew a thing and no one wanted to talk to me or shunned me.

Beo
03-04-2008, 09:09 AM
Don that's creepy.

Tony uk
03-04-2008, 12:37 PM
A open area of land, Not owned by anyone with a No Tresspassing sign in it, In the middle of it !, Your a bit late now buddy

Rick
03-04-2008, 12:46 PM
Speaking of things that are strange:

http://eightsolid.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/17.jpg

marberry
03-04-2008, 12:51 PM
lol rick thats a hilarious sign , and u guys got me a was bs'ing lol , id herd a friend tell that story and i stole it ^_^

MedicineWolf
03-04-2008, 01:02 PM
Seen a lot of strange stuff up here in the mountains at night alone, sometimes the night is just creepy in the wilds. We got a gorge up here I call "Witch Woman's Moan" cause when the wind whistles through it sounds like an eerir moan, its said long ago a Native American Witch Woman died up there and that's her moaning.

Tony uk
03-04-2008, 01:04 PM
Ahhhhhhh, I was banned from that hotel and that sign put up to stop people continueing my experiment