PDA

View Full Version : Henry Brss frame Big Boy rifle

carcajou garou
10-02-2007, 02:23 PM
Has anyone any experience with the Henry Big Boy rifle with the brass frame, in either .44 Rem Mag or .45LC?

eqfan592
10-02-2007, 07:28 PM
I have no experience with those rifles, but I do have some experience with Henry Repeating Arms in general and can say that so far I've been very impressed. Their customer service seems to be very responsive and spot on, and the .22 Survival rifle I have of theirs seems to be of good quality (I haven't had a chance to fire it yet as I just got it a few days ago). I've thought about getting a Henry Big Boy, but I'm somewhat torn as I also like the Marlin lever actions, and they have the side bullet gates, so they would appear to be easier to reload.

I know it's not all that helpful, but some food for thought at least :)

trax
10-04-2007, 12:34 PM
but they have a pretty good reputation from other hunter's I've talked to. Henry invented the first lever action rifle, I believe, or patented it anyway.
Those are big game calibers and probably best at short range shooting (<200 yds)

carcajou garou
10-04-2007, 02:38 PM
The 2 cartridges mentioned are pistol cartridges .45 LC (long colt) and the .44 rem mag. it would be about the ability of the brass frame to endure the repeated battering pressures of discharge not only in hunting but in competition

carcajou garou
10-12-2007, 10:14 PM
Just a follow up I ordered a Big Boy in .45LC, it will be here in a few weeks:)
Will slowly find out for myself.

DEER KILLER
11-17-2007, 11:55 PM
I have a henry lever action 22 and it is very acurate and dependable except the rod goes through the slot sometimes.