PDA

View Full Version : Plant Guru's

FVR
09-30-2007, 08:38 PM
Okay, so I'm eating a whole mess of muscadines today. Hmmm, they were good. I go to spit the seeds in the trash and say to myself "yo, keep the seeds and plant them."

So, how do I go about doing this? Do I need to let the seeds dry out? Can I plant them right now inside and start the little buggers growing?

Any help would be great. Would not mind planting a few muscadine bushes in the spring to ...........................oh, just took a sip of muscadine cider.

WildGoth
09-30-2007, 09:25 PM
here is a link i found fvr hope it helps tell me how it comes out
http://pubs.caes.uga.edu/caespubs/pubcd/L225-w.html

FVR
09-30-2007, 10:52 PM
All the info I am digging up starts with the vines. I need to go back a little farther, the seed.

owl_girl
09-30-2007, 10:59 PM
I believe grapes are like apples, you’re not going to get the same grape from the seed. You will get grapes but not muscadines unless you start with the vine.

FVR
09-30-2007, 11:02 PM
If I plant the seed in the spring, will I get an edible fruit oneday?

owl_girl
09-30-2007, 11:11 PM
What USDA zone are you in and what USDA zone do muscadines grow in?

corndog-44
10-01-2007, 12:17 AM
I understand that they grow wild there in Georgia on the country roads, but you have to get them before the deer do! Is this the kind that you are asking about or the cultivated kind? Plant them the way mother nature does. It will take at least 2-3 years before you will have any grapes. Hope this helps.

trax
10-01-2007, 05:22 PM
But I'd try germinating some and see if they sprout and plant the sprouted seeds in the spring FVR. But...just guessing, I've heard of other plants that works with :D