PDA

View Full Version : Trick Eyes

Rick
05-21-2009, 06:55 PM
Here is a little trick you can play with yourself. Pick out an object and point at it with your index finger of either hand. With both eyes open look down your finger at the object. Now, close one eye at a time. You'll find that one eye is aligned with your finger and the object. The other eye is not. The eye that IS aligned is your dominant eye.

Even though I'm a lefty I learned to do a lot of things right handed because, when I was a kid, all tools were made for right handed people. So it was only natural for me to start shooting a handgun with my right hand. However, since my left eye is dominant I've changed that strategy and now shoot mostly left handed. I find I can point and shoot much better taking advantage of my dominant eye.

Try it!

Ole WV Coot
05-21-2009, 07:49 PM
Just now finding that out? I complained to the boss that I had problems working on some terminals that were way out to the right because I am left dominate also. Funny because all 6 in the the crew were all left handed, including the boss.

Old GI
09-24-2009, 05:35 PM
I do that test occasionally and find that mine change every once-in-a-while. Age?

Rick
09-24-2009, 07:47 PM
Probably not the age. My guess would be the beer.

Old GI
09-25-2009, 08:39 AM
Oh. Thanks, Rick.

oly
09-25-2009, 09:07 AM
My dominate eye is attached to my wife!!!

All kidding aside, some are right handed with a left dominate eye or the other way around. Using your dominate eye to aim will improve your marksmanship.

Old GI
09-25-2009, 09:37 AM
Nine year old grandson was shooting the Rossi 22 I got him and was sighting with his left eye while shooting right handed. His grandmother got him to try shooting left handed. After a few clumsy trys, he was knocking soda cans down at 40 yards or so with the stock iron sights.

hunter63
09-25-2009, 10:56 AM
Another trick, if you wear glasses, and don't have them on, you can take your hand, sorta make the O.K. sign, only with your first finger and thumb, keeping making the hole smaller, until you can see clearly.
Use this when looking at the clock, at nite with out glasses.

glockcop
09-25-2009, 12:22 PM
Probably not the age. My guess would be the beer.

Lots of beer makes both of my eyes equally recessive :). I love beer.