PDA

View Full Version : Hunters

oly
05-20-2009, 07:11 PM
Words fail me.

I think I'll just go pick some chips off the Doritos tree in the backyard to go with the stiff drink I need right now.

They walk among us & they are also allowed to vote !!!!!!!!

Ken
05-20-2009, 07:13 PM
They walk among us & they are also allowed to vote !!!!!!!!

I think I know the person who wrote that. :innocent:

Rick
05-20-2009, 07:15 PM
I'm a tad scared at the moment. I have no idea what paper that add was in so it could be far too close to me for any sort of comfort. Never cut down a tree, go the lumber yard.....Never catch a fish, go to the meat counter......Never get married, okay that has merit. But you know what I mean.

Pal334
05-20-2009, 07:15 PM
Most scary is that they may be a parent :(

chiye tanka
05-20-2009, 07:16 PM
Wow!!!!!!!

crashdive123
05-20-2009, 07:17 PM
Most scary is that they may be a parent :(

Probably a college professor.:eek:

Rick
05-20-2009, 07:17 PM
Most scary is that they may be a parent

They are apparent. Oh, wait, you said A parent. My bad.

oly
05-20-2009, 07:22 PM
Isn't beef made of soy bean and pork out of rice?

Mischief
05-20-2009, 07:28 PM
Yup
That is the problem,they are allowed to vote

laughingbeetle
05-20-2009, 08:23 PM
Oh my!! It must be the same person who complained of too many insects in the wilderness as they were forced to climb up a hill to see the view.

oneraindog
05-20-2009, 09:34 PM
this is a little off topic but semi-related

true story:

i knew a girl who lived in key west on a boat and so she had a lot of encounters with tourists. once she told me about all the moronic things she heard people say or ask.
a few of my favorites:
"how many times can i see the sunset today?"
"what happens when the sun hits the water? dont the fish boil?"
"do these stairs go up?"

and these from ADULTS. adults who have educations and jobs which can afford them vacations to key west. dfkgjhsdjkfgh
it took about 20 minutes of me trying to get her to confess she was messing with me befor i would allow the horror of it to settle in....

its like people get so wrapped up in their little bubble that when they are confronted with reality out side of their immediate routine they cant comprehend it. they cant believe that there is something beyond their extremely limited understanding of the world. they think theyre at disneyland or something.

bulrush
05-21-2009, 08:23 AM
Bwa ha ha ha ha ha!

Pict
05-21-2009, 08:51 AM
Don't get all riled up. People like that tend to die off quickly in a disaster and they buy nice stuff. Mac

trax
05-21-2009, 09:59 AM
Don't get all riled up. People like that tend to die off quickly in a disaster and they buy nice stuff. Mac

I like your thinking.

R.Spencer
05-23-2009, 11:17 AM
P.E.T.A. = people eating tasty animals

Jay
05-23-2009, 11:58 AM
I like your thinking.

Ditto that! We've got some of those here too!

doren
05-23-2009, 04:06 PM
Meat is Murder..., Tasty, Tasty, Murder...:drool:

laughingbeetle
05-24-2009, 01:20 AM
Meat is Murder..., Tasty, Tasty, Murder...:drool:

Oh yeah!!! Very tasty! I vow before all who would witness, I will never, ever become a vegetarian. Nope, It just aint gonna happen. Uh uh, no, not, never, not gonna happen. If it was a critter, it can be eaten.:drool:

rat31465
05-24-2009, 05:33 PM
As someone else once posted..I am a member of PETA

People
Eating
Tasty
Animals

SnipAR-10
05-24-2009, 08:46 PM
I can understand the ideas behind being a veggie person. There are people that cannot deal with the reality of taking a life to support their own, and prefer to choose their diet based on that thought . I have no issues with those people whatsoever. True, one can survive on plant material alone, but most of us choose not to. It is easier to snare the elusive parsnip than a small animal. The parsnip is of course slower, and completely unafraid of humans. But. I don't know of any typical small game animal that will kill you from eating "the look-alike" of the same group.
I have a few items that I do not believe are food. That is just my stupid opinion, and as such I choose not to eat them. Everyone should do what they feel is "right" for themselves, and not force their thoughts/ideas/beliefs on others.
Ok. Having said that. The person that wrote that snippet in the paper is a completely ignorant individual whom hopefully has not, and will not breed.
I wonder which demise they would prefer their "meat" to have. 1) natural setting, bullet comes from nowhere and "flicks off their power switch" as would be in the hunting situation. or 2) the artificial, dismal life and messed up "end" for factory farmed animals.
Personally, I'd prefer flicking the switch, and a humane, respectful, and quick death.

crashdive123
05-25-2009, 06:57 AM
Looks as though the author of the column may have some kin that are hunters.

http://www.wten.com/Global/story.asp?S=10413925