PDA

View Full Version : NRA Gun expo first time

Goloth
05-17-2009, 11:40 PM
Now, I'm sure any of y'all have been to an NRA gun expo in your lifetime. They do them around the U.S. once a year, in a different state each year, and I was lucky enough to go on the last day they had it today in Arizona. I must say, HOLY ABRAHAM ISAAC AND JACOB! that **** was AWESOME! ***** **** ********, I cannot get over how awesome it was. They had ANY gun you could EVER imagine in your lifetime. Every single good-name gun-maker and knife maker was there. Sig-Saur, Barrett, Mossberg, and Panther arms, just to name a few gun vendors. Then on knives, they had Ka-bar, Cold steel, Spyderco, and all the rest of those awesome-brand knife companies. I was nothing but :drool::drool:AMAZED!:drool::drool: at their selection, and the amount of vendors they had there. You could find anything from a .22 caliber revolver (some of the revolvers were dating back to 1800's), to a .50 cal Barrett sniper rifle.:m107: FOR PURCHASE.

I mean, I got in there, and all the vendors have their BEST GUNS, up for view, you can walk in, pick up any gun you want, cock it, check out the clip, check out the steel, take it apart (some vendors don't care, but one guy got pretty pissed when I took apart one of the eight revolvers he had on display). When I first walked into the show-room, it was so amazing, my knees were shaking from the excitement, it was simply an adrenaline rush almost everything there was just plain amazing, there was nearly TOO MUCH! cool stuff there. I just wanted to freak out and see EVERYTHING! :taz: Which, I could have done... but I saw everything anyway, in a calm fashion. It was just overall one of the best things I have done with my time.

I could do nothing but drool over everything they had. It was simply AMAZING, a once in a lifetime experience, and if any of you who visit the forums have not gone, please do, I absolutely have to encourage it.

Sarge47
05-17-2009, 11:44 PM
Now, I'm sure any of y'all have been to an NRA gun expo in your lifetime. They do them around the U.S. once a year, in a different state each year, and I was lucky enough to go on the last day they had it today in Arizona. I must say, HOLY ABRAHAM ISAAC AND JACOB! that **** was AWESOME! ***** **** ********, I cannot get over how awesome it was. They had ANY gun you could EVER imagine in your lifetime. Every single good-name gun-maker and knife maker was there. Sig-Saur, Barrett, Mossberg, and Panther arms, just to name a few gun vendors. Then on knives, they had Ka-bar, Cold steel, Spyderco, and all the rest of those awesome-brand knife companies. I was nothing but :drool::drool:AMAZED!:drool::drool: at their selection, and the amount of vendors they had there. You could find anything from a .22 caliber revolver (some of the revolvers were dating back to 1800's), to a .50 cal Barrett sniper rifle.:m107: FOR PURCHASE.

I mean, I got in there, and all the vendors have their BEST GUNS, up for view, you can walk in, pick up any gun you want, cock it, check out the clip, check out the steel, take it apart (some vendors don't care, but one guy got pretty pissed when I took apart one of the eight revolvers he had on display). When I first walked into the show-room, it was so amazing, my knees were shaking from the excitement, it was simply an adrenaline rush almost there was just plain amazing, there was nearly TOO MUCH! cool stuff there. I just wanted to freak out and see EVERYTHING! :taz: Which, I could have done... but I saw everything anyway, in a calm fashion. It was just overall one of the best things I have done with my time.

I could do nothing but drool over everything they had. It was simply AMAZING, a once in a lifetime experience, and if any of you who visit the forums have not gone, please do, I absolutely have to encourage it.Yes, but did you like it?:innocent::sneaky2::cool2:

Rick
05-17-2009, 11:47 PM
Vendor: "Hey! What are you doing?"
Goloth: "I was just taking this revolver apart."
Vendor: "What's with all the tools?"
Goloth: "I just wanted to see what the trigger spring looked like."
Vendor: "Get out of here. Wait a minute! Come back here and put it back together first!"

Goloth
05-17-2009, 11:55 PM
Vendor: "Hey! What are you doing?"
Goloth: "I was just taking this revolver apart."
Vendor: "What's with all the tools?"
Goloth: "I just wanted to see what the trigger spring looked like."
Vendor: "Get out of here. Wait a minute! Come back here and put it back together first!"

lol, it actually more went like

Vendor:*eyeballs goloth after he heard him drop the centerpiece that holds the rounds*
Goloth: "don't even worry about it, I'll put it back together, I got one at home"
Vendor: *eyeballs s'more*
Goloth: *putting the gun back in order*
Vendor: "here let me do it!" *takes the gun from goloth*
Goloth: "you know, I coulda just put it back together..."
Vendor: "Yeah, whatever, it's been a long day"
Goloth: "Sorry, whatever. bye."
Goloth: *walks off with friend*
Vendor: "damnit where the hell does this part go..."
Goloth: *laughs*

and @ sarge, lol I'm pretty sure you're just messing with me, I'm sure I made it clear enough that I liked it :P

It's almost my life goal to get a p229 now, since sig sauer discontinued the 228 model :(

trax
05-18-2009, 03:55 PM
Sooo....Goloth....I'm really glad to see your sign in indicates that you're a knife fanatic. Because after reading your post, I'd almost think you had a thing for firearms...

Or maybe you should just post about the knife displays a little more and clear all that up for us:thumbup:

Goloth
05-18-2009, 04:47 PM
Sooo....Goloth....I'm really glad to see your sign in indicates that you're a knife fanatic. Because after reading your post, I'd almost think you had a thing for firearms...

Or maybe you should just post about the knife displays a little more and clear all that up for us:thumbup:

Well... I'm... both? I prefer a melee weapon to a gun any day, however, firearms are nice to have, and FUN AS HELL, to play with. (not in the sense like a toy, but you guys get what I mean, fun like explosives. lol)

If you check around, most of my posts have been towards people who are looking at knives to buy Trax, however, the knife exhibits had wonderful knives, although most were either collectors items, or folder knives. They had a few fixed-bladers, but none that were any good, or that caught my eye, except for the Ka-bars, and a particular company that made knives and swords out of antlers. Other than that, there wasn't much to see about the knives there sadly. :(

I think it was because it was 3-days. The 15th - 17th, and I went the last day, so that would be why all the knife vendors had sold all of their stuff already I presume.

Besides, it was a National Rifle Association expo, not a National steel and blade expo.

Rick
05-18-2009, 05:50 PM
Stop in this week-end for our May sale extravaganza!!! Melee weapons half price!! Be the first on your block to hack, slash and stab in close quarters combat!

Not responsible for misuse, injuries or death. Not responsible for accidents or self inflicted wounds, gashes, slices, pokes, stabs or cuts. Steptic not included.

Goloth
05-18-2009, 06:37 PM
Stop in this week-end for our May sale extravaganza!!! Melee weapons half price!! Be the first on your block to hack, slash and stab in close quarters combat!

Not responsible for misuse, injuries or death. Not responsible for accidents or self inflicted wounds, gashes, slices, pokes, stabs or cuts. Steptic not included.

Unfortunately the same can be said for firearms :P

Rick: "Hah!, I accidentally cocked it, hold on"
Goloth: "Wait ri-- nevermind..."
Rick: *pulls the hammer back and holds it*
Goloth: "Dude, doesn't this one have the trig-"
Rick: *the hammer pin slips and shoots Goloth in the foot*
Goloth: "AWW WHAT THE ****!!! it has the de-cocker lever dam--t! why didn't you use that!"
Rick: *shrugs* "Hell if I know... I didn't notice it?"

lol

Ken
05-18-2009, 10:24 PM
Last edited by crashdive123; Today at 05:51 AM.

Last edited by crashdive123; Today at 06:42 PM.

Time to read the rules on posting? :innocent: http://www.wilderness-survival.net/forums/showthread.php?t=668

trax
05-19-2009, 11:49 AM
My bad, the failure of sarcasm in print.....

crashdive123
05-19-2009, 03:36 PM
My bad, the failure of sarcasm in print.....

I don't think that's the problem.

Goloth
05-19-2009, 04:45 PM
Time to read the rules on posting? :innocent: http://www.wilderness-survival.net/forums/showthread.php?t=668

I have read them several times over, Crash seems to be in a cranky mood lately as opposed to what I have seen him let go.