PDA

View Full Version : Once again....

Sarge47
05-17-2009, 01:40 PM
Okay, it's been pointed out to me that one of our members thinks that I am a bit to "combative" with some of the "Newbies". My answer is that, yes, I'm a "hard-charger" at times when I feel that it's warranted, but not always. However, I've asked this question before, so this time we'll put it on a survey. Who thinks I'm to tough on Newbies? C'mon if'n you got the guts!:cool2:

Rick
05-17-2009, 01:43 PM
Frankly, if they can't take you they have no business in the wilderness. Mother Nature is a tad more likely to kill them than you are.

Pal334
05-17-2009, 01:46 PM
I voted no. If making them "tow the line " is being a meany, then maybe you are. Why else keep a curmudgeon around :)

Ken
05-17-2009, 01:57 PM
Sarge??? OUR SARGE??? Mean to Newbies???

No way.

THIS is OUR Sarge!

chiye tanka
05-17-2009, 01:59 PM
I vote yes!
Don't get me wrong, I feel they need it. He11 I got it and I'm no numpty. If they can't take it, too bad, soo sad, bye bye.
Is that wrong of me? Never mind, I don't care.

Go Sarge!

Ken
05-17-2009, 03:14 PM
Here's another pic of Sarge, taken while he was asleep. Notice the shape of his bed?

Sourdough
05-17-2009, 03:43 PM
Someone as to be the "ADULT"......and it darn sure ain't going to be this cowboy.....:) The problem is not Sarge or his response, "WE" should all refuse to give advise, if they refuse to layout their skill'set. I say Sarge has it right, and "ALL" the rest of us have it wrong, including Me.

oldsoldier
05-17-2009, 05:06 PM
I think sarge should have added another choice. Is Sarge giving the kids the hard time THEY NEED? If it were a choice I'd vote yes to that choice. Some people are clueless and without sound advise are apt to get themselves and those around them in deep sh#@. I will be the first to admit I'm not clueless when it comes to survival. BUT I sure don't plan on taking off to the woods/mountians and play jeramiah johnson for a couple of months either.

DOGMAN
05-17-2009, 05:32 PM
Yes, I think your a little rough on alot of people. But, then again your name is "Sarge" and so your just living up to your personae...your the drill sargent of the discussion board. Nothing wrong with that.

However....with what Rick said...

"Frankly, if they can't take you they have no business in the wilderness. Mother Nature is a tad more likely to kill them than you are"

I don't wholeheartdly believe in it. THere are soft skill that can be used and developed.- without yelling and bullying

Example- a newborn baby can be quickly killed in the world without adult supervision....just the same a "Newbie" into the wilderness realm can quickly meet their demise. However- just as we nurture a young child into being able to help themselves, we can use "soft skills" into nurturing a wilderness newbie into a self-reliant person compenent to venture in and out of the wilds without harming themselves.

You don't have to yell, scream, or intimidate. You don't have to threaten, scare or exagerate. You can lead people safely into the wilderness and thoughout life by being their friend and mentor....without having military overtones or dogma.

However, there are the occassional bad dogs and dimwits out there that do need a stern voice, swift kick or bull-whip to get them to pay attention.

I just try to use those tactics only when everything else fails...you seem to go to them first. Nothing wrong with it...just different styles

Sarge47
05-17-2009, 06:43 PM
A lot of what you have to say makes sense, however sometimes we do get people joining that are either trolls or not in touch with reality. Actually, Ken's pics decipting me were a lot closer to the truth than a lot of people realize. Sometimes what many on here might confuse with "Shouting" or "being combative" is a "challenging push" to see how they'll react. Will they be an honest seeker? A Numpty who's thinking might not only threaten their well-being, but also those on here who don't know any better. Here's an example of a couple of scenarios that we've had on here.

The posters that swear up & down that it's okay to drink urine straight from the bladder! (WRONG!)

The guy that said he would willingly tresspass on private property to "survive" & wanted to see nature getting used to him & not viewing him as a threat. (HUH?)

TBWN does not need any elaboration.

The Inexperienced who show up on here trying to come off as an expert in the field, even though they've publically confessed that they are ignorant of outdoor lore.

Howard Britain & The Wall Of God!

Note: I didn't even mention spammers!:spam:

Now maybe there are some on here that don't view those concepts as dangerous, but I do & will challenge them & their views whenever they're posted...it's a forum, after all.:cool2:

A final note: As we used to say when I cooked in resturants: if your viewpoint can't take the heat, keep it out of the kitchen!:sneaky2: If it's tough enough to take what I & even others on here throw at it then maybe it will stand on it's own...maybe!

DOGMAN
05-17-2009, 07:02 PM
I agree...as I said

"there are the occassional bad dogs and dimwits out there that do need a stern voice, swift kick or bull-whip to get them to pay attention"

Honestly, I don't have a problem with your style...I just wanted to add other ideas to the discourse, because we don't ALL have to jump on newbies that ask stupid questions...as we all know, there are many ways to skin a cat.

Sarge47
05-17-2009, 07:08 PM
...as we all know, there are many ways to skin a cat.I keep hearing this saying a lot & couldn't help wondering why anybody would want to do that to a poor wittle puddy tat? Unless, of course, you run a Viet Namese resturant!:innocent:

gryffynklm
05-17-2009, 07:17 PM
I think you take a tougher position on newbies that think they can gain the experience on the fly in the midst of a situation, if they have the cool equipment. For the newbies that refuse to see the need for practice and experience by doing they need the reality Boot to the Head. As a newbie on this forum I take a comfort in being corrected when I post something that I underestimate or understand incorrectly.

mountain mama
05-17-2009, 07:20 PM
I voted yes, but I would like to qualify that answer by stating that it is well deserved :D

Sarge47
05-17-2009, 07:28 PM
I think you take a tougher position on newbies that think they can gain the experience on the fly in the midst of a situation, if they have the cool equipment. For the newbies that refuse to see the need for practice and experience by doing they need the reality Boot to the Head. As a newbie on this forum I take a comfort in being corrected when I post something that I underestimate or understand incorrectly.I think that you make a very good point here. Oft-times we get some on here that are ready to just head out the door totally unprepared. They get some great advice from members on here like certain organizations to join to help them learn, or maybe to start out by practicing in their back yard. It's not what they were hoping to hear so they get angry & start flaming on the well-meaning members...& that brings out the diciplinary action.

Most often as not, one of the 1st things a newby will post is a question about which type of "SURVIVAL" knife they should buy. The sad truth is that there is no such thing! Any fixed-blade knife made for the outdoors is ok, just don't lose or break it. The Mora knife, like the kind Rick sells is probably the best knife made for the low-budget crowd wanting a decent knife but usually is quickly over-looked as "not sexy enough".

The 1st thing a Newby should look into is 1st Aid knowledge as that will oft-times be used a lot more than their knife.:cool2:

Ole WV Coot
05-17-2009, 08:42 PM
I heard you first break them down, then slowly build them up. No bad habits then, or so I was told when I was a youngster. Have at them and see what they know. I was done this way and ruined for life, It's lonely here at the home.

Rick
05-18-2009, 12:00 AM
Kids try to catch Old Coot asleep and then they poke with a stick through the fence and run like crazy. It's really cruel and they shouldn't do it. But, it is sort of funny when he reaches the end of his leash.

Beo
05-18-2009, 07:11 AM
Sarge sure you're a bit rough to some of the new people on here, BUT from time to time we get some Numpty's and they need it, we get some youngsters and they need, It is my belief that life is not sugar coated so telling them that in a survival situation everything will be rainbows and unicorns is a laod of crapola, let them know the dangers of what could happen if they don't do prep work first.
Over in the big sandy of Iraq and Afghanistan I was tested several times and I came through, actually fell back on something I learned here one time. Prep work and practice (which is training) will pull you through if you have the will and heart to Ranger on.
Beo,

Ken
05-18-2009, 07:16 AM
Sarge sure you're a bit rough to some of the new people on here, BUT from time to time we get some Numpty's and they need it, we get some youngsters and they need, It is my belief that life is not sugar coated so telling them that in a survival situation everything will be rainbows and unicorns is a laod of crapola, let them know the dangers of what could happen if they don't do prep work first.
Over in the big sandy of Iraq and Afghanistan I was tested several times and I came through, actually fell back on something I learned here one time. Prep work and practice (which is training) will pull you through if you have the will and heart to Ranger on.
Beo,

Very well said. When it comes from a guy who's been there, it means a lot more.

gryffynklm
05-18-2009, 09:13 AM
I came to this forum to become prepared for the survival situation that may never happen. We all have the luxury of practicing our skills in with a fall back just incase. We test our gear to understand its use and make sure it is working properly. I'm not ready to go out and do a minimal equipment survival scenario and realize that.

Since I have been hanging around there have been at least three that have wanted to go out and place themselves in a survival lifestyle with only basic camping experience. Sarge, keep on telling telling them. If they don't listen or want to, turn it up. They don't understand the survival they are asking about.

remy
05-18-2009, 01:23 PM
I have always said you are not exactly moderator material...The role of a moderator is pretty simple. Moderation involves skills you are lacking, and unlike Rick or Crash you often do not understand what your role is...or you forget.
If you were not a moderator, and just a member, i would have no problem with the way you interact with other members, old or new. But you are a moderator.

At the time you became a moderator here...it was probably the only choice that made sense. When Rick joined the team, i feel you probably should have stepped down.
I enjoy your presence as a member...not so much as a moderator.

I vote yes because of your moderator status.
I would vote no, if you were not a moderator.

Further more...i want to address one more time this idea that if an individual "cannot take it here they have no business in the wilderness".
I really can't stand that idea. Opposing the dynamics of a forum to how well someone would do in the wilderness is simplistic and out of touch with the basis of our relation with all things.

I have said many things here that people "couldn't take"...yet, this has no impact whatsoever on their survival skills. We are not facing death here...and frankly, i am very well aware that sometimes leaving is just as valid as "being combative", or making jokes, or insulting, or making friends, aligning with or who knows what.

In the end...none of this matters.
What matters is what you think.
What matters is how you feel about it at the end of the day.
I am as you know not very compromising when it comes to who i am and what i do, and how i do it.
I have my reasons, i have my understandings and my intentions. I know what they are and i fully assume the consequences of my actions.
I am sure you make sense to you...as i make sense to myself, as WE makes sense to himself and so on.

What makes it different for you here...is your status.
But who is to say really, if not you.

mountain mama
05-18-2009, 02:51 PM
beep beep back the truck up!

This is a SURVIVAL forum. If some "Numpty" comes in here acting all big and bad and consequently doesn't get the information/skill needed that could one day save his life, then the moderator hasn't done his job.

trax
05-18-2009, 03:34 PM
Sarge, did you really have to ask? Of course you're a big meany, and I voted accordingly, but don't stop!

trax
05-18-2009, 03:36 PM
I am sure you make sense to you...as i make sense to myself, as WE makes sense to himself and so on.

Could we then-- someday-- have a long and heartfelt conversation about why Trax makes no sense to himself?

remy
05-18-2009, 03:54 PM
beep beep back to reality...

This is a survival FORUM.
If some "numpty" comes in here, acting however "numpties" act (subjective), and consequently the mods act in a way that is not conducive to learning (also subjective)...and consequently the "numpty" leaves (why argue with a moderator ?)...then the information definitely never made it out.

Teaching...and i am sure you know this, is sometimes similar to gardening...most of it is planting seeds for an uncertain future...knowing full well that everything around is going to influence the plant...it might even skip generations before it reaches the growth intended in the first place.

Unless of course we are here talking about the blunt mechanical and shallow distribution of subjective facts...which is most of the information found right here.

...neither am i going to think about what information could have saved who and at what time...it's silly, and out of everyone's control. Information is everywhere, good bad and plain stupid. In fact, we have plenty of all three here.

remy
05-18-2009, 04:29 PM
Ah Remy, this seems to be the case of the pot calling the kettle black, & you know very well what I'm referring to. :cool2:

Ah Sarge...But i am not a moderator.
You are.
Like i said...if you were not a moderator, i would have voted "no".

remy
05-18-2009, 06:02 PM
The question is...are you being too harsh with the new members.
So far, and taking out your vote, it's 50/50.

I don't even know where your last post is coming from.
You don't need to justify yourself with me old man. You asked...and i answered, now if you don't like the answer, don't ask the question. Right ?

So far...beo, chiye, huntermj, jason, mcfd, mama, sam, trax and i, feel that you are too harsh with new members. I am sure we each have our own reasons.
Now you can take that info...and do whatever you want with it. Change or not...i really don't care.

tacticalguy
05-18-2009, 06:32 PM
I voted No because Frankly, I haven't been paying much attention to what Sarge Does.

doug1980
05-18-2009, 08:31 PM
You have made me cry numerous times, yet I keep coming back for more. Call me hard-headed I guess. But seriously I used to think you were a bit harsh until I seen what some newbies post on here. Keep up the good work Sarge.

Also on a side note...this site is always so entertaining. It's amazing how much drama grown people can create out of a Wilderness Survival Forum. Can you imagine having this much drama in a "real survival" situation....Not sure I would want to be there for that.

mountain mama
05-18-2009, 09:53 PM
now wait a minute....i said he was hard on the new members (for their own edification), not that he was TOO hard on them/us...i even clarified that in my first post in this topic...and I dare say that most of the others that voted as I did had the same train of thought on the matter

sh4d0wm4573ri7
05-18-2009, 10:02 PM
i vote no have yet to see anything to harsh myself

Ken
05-18-2009, 10:14 PM
The question is...are you being too harsh with the new members.

No it isn't. A "yes" (agreement) or "no" (disagreement) response was asked for the statement/question, "Sarge is a big meany with the new kids!"

A "Big Meany????" Sounds almost like a term of endearment rather than an indictment. Kinda' like a killer bunny.

You don't need to justify yourself with me old man.

Why the name calling?

So far...beo, chiye, huntermj, jason, mcfd, mama, sam, trax and i, feel that you are too harsh with new members.

Wow, did you misinterpret and misrepresent what most of these folks said. Let's have a little intellectual honesty here, okay?

READ THEIR POSTS IN CONJUNCTION WITH THEIR POLL ANSWERS. The way I see it, Sarge, the "Big Meany," has overwhelming support in this thread.

Sarge47
05-18-2009, 10:20 PM
No it isn't. A "yes" (agreement) or "no" (disagreement) response was asked for the statement/question, "Sarge is a big meany with the new kids!"

A "Big Meany????" Sounds almost like a term of endearment rather than an indictment. Kinda' like a killer bunny.

Why the name calling?

Wow, did you misinterpret and misrepresent what most of these folks said. Let's have a little intellectual honesty here, okay?

READ THEIR POSTS IN CONJUNCTION WITH THEIR POLL ANSWERS. The way I see it, Sarge, the "Big Meany," has overwhelming support in this thread.I bow to the wisdom of my "mouthpiece"! Thanks Ken!:innocent:

mcfd45
05-18-2009, 10:50 PM
I am 100% in agreement with remy on this. You are a moderator, act like it. Act like you have been given responsiblity that has consequences with you abusing this responsibilty. I don't care how hard mother nature is, you are hard on members that come here to learn how to better survive. You rarely offer any specialized advice but offer a lot of criticism. This is why I voted yes.

Ken
05-18-2009, 10:52 PM
You rarely offer any specialized advice but offer a lot of criticism.

May I ask you to kindly take several hours of your time and READ the threads started and posts written by Sarge?

mcfd45
05-18-2009, 11:09 PM
May I ask you to kindly take several hours of your time and READ the threads started and posts written by Sarge?

I did this prior to posting the above message.

Ken
05-18-2009, 11:12 PM
I'm sure you did. :sneaky2:

crashdive123
05-18-2009, 11:12 PM
When opinions are asked for, that is exactly what will be given. Good, bad, indifferent. We all have different styles or tones for the way in which we interact with others. Who's to say one way is better or more effective than another. Everybody responds different to outside influences.

Ole WV Coot
05-18-2009, 11:23 PM
It's just my opinion but some people that think they know everything should have their "I know everything" attitude knocked down, by Sarge or anybody for that matter. I have picked up some things I didn't know and if I screw up I expect it to be pointed out. I have been told in no uncertain words I was dumber than a sled track. I weigh every opinion I read, don't really take offense to much unless it's a personal attack. I don't impress easily and can usually pick out total BS. I usually ignore people who try and impress. This Hillbilly has been around some and if you can't take a little heat you don't need to worry about survival anywhere because you won't. Need to lighten up a little and maybe learn something. Just my opinion, take it or forget it.

Ken
05-18-2009, 11:47 PM
Here's a group photo of Sarge's family. Sarge is the one on the left in the front row. Come to think of it, he IS the only one snarling and showing his teeth..........

Ken
05-18-2009, 11:55 PM
Namby-Pamby

"All ye Poets of the Age!
All ye Witlings of the Stage!
Learn your Jingles to reform!
Crop your Numbers and Conform:
Let your little Verses flow
Gently, Sweetly, Row by Row:
Let the Verse the Subject fit;
Little Subject, Little Wit.
Namby-Pamby is your Guide;
Albion's Joy, Hibernia's Pride."

From Namby Pamby by Henry Carey

"Those of you here in the Forum
More concerned with post Decorum
Than with harsh reality and truth
Do grave disservice to our youth
Who come with plans that bode of death
Until they met our Sarge’s wrath
The blood they shed here on the Forum
Pales compared to the real horror
They would face if they embark
On their very dangerous lark
Yes our Sarge may snarl and bite
That is this Moderator’s right
Soft niceties are not his lot
For Namby-Pamby he is not."

Second verse by Ken

Namby-Pamby

The noun has one meaning: an insipid weakling who is foolishly sentimental

The adjective namby-pamby has one meaning: weak in willpower

Synonyms: spineless, wishy-washy

Sarge47
05-19-2009, 12:44 AM
"All ye Poets of the Age!
All ye Witlings of the Stage!
Learn your Jingles to reform!
Crop your Numbers and Conform:
Let your little Verses flow
Gently, Sweetly, Row by Row:
Let the Verse the Subject fit;
Little Subject, Little Wit.
Namby-Pamby is your Guide;
Albion's Joy, Hibernia's Pride."

From Namby Pamby by Henry Carey

"Those of you here in the Forum

Second verse by Ken
Namby-Pamby

The noun has one meaning:

Meaning #1: an insipid weakling who is foolishly sentimental

The adjective namby-pamby has one meaning:

Meaning #1: weak in willpower

Synonyms: spineless, wishy-washy
.Rothfl!:clap::thumbup1::creepy::thumbup::lol:

Sarge47
05-19-2009, 12:46 AM
Here's a group photo of Sarge's family. Sarge is the one on the left in the front row. Come to think of it, he IS the only one snarling and showing his teeth..........Man those look yummy! Ummmm!(Licking chops):tongue_smilie::drool:

Sarge47
05-19-2009, 12:51 AM
Come to think of it, he IS the only one snarling and showing his teeth..........Wait just a dog-gone minute...where'd I get the teeth?:scared::eek:

remy
05-19-2009, 01:26 PM
"Why the name calling? "
ken

"old man", is not "name calling". It is as you put it a term of endearment. Sarge is not the only one here being called "old man" or "pops", and i am not the only one using this term while referring to older members.
Of course, when i say it...it must be "name calling" right ? Why not.

"Wow, did you misinterpret and misrepresent what most of these folks said. Let's have a little intellectual honesty here, okay?

READ THEIR POSTS IN CONJUNCTION WITH THEIR POLL ANSWERS. The way I see it, Sarge, the "Big Meany," has overwhelming support in this thread."
ken

I did not misinterpret nor did i misrepresent anyone. They did vote "yes"...and i also said and i quote : "I am sure we each have our own reasons."
Meaning, that i am well aware some of the reasons align with Sarge and are made to focus on the endearment rather than the indictment.
The misrepresentation comes from the phrasing of the question...more on this later...

As far as "intellectual honesty" goes...that's hilarious.
Maybe you should re-read my posts as well, without the intent to always see in them some agenda with which you can measure yourself to...for now on...i will call you "Don Kenxote" (term of endearment also).

After all, i just expressed my opinion on the matter, and answered the question. The phrasing of the question was obviously made to make us think of Sarge as the resident curmudgeon...a character with a big heart protecting us from the "onslaught" (sarcasm) of "newbies" and "numpties" acting all big and bad.
lolll

But Ken...you forget why he asked the question in the first place...and you just stopped at the question. Further more, this is not the first time this question makes it to our attention. Further more, Sarge is a moderator...

I quote...
"Once again....
Okay, it's been pointed out to me that one of our members thinks that I am a bit to "combative" with some of the "Newbies"."
Sarge.

You see...this is where the question comes from.
At this point, the phrasing of the poll question has little to do with the issue...because it was made to render the complaint somewhat ridiculous. The question is made to laugh off the complaint by the use of the words "big meany"...as if the complaint was child like. Not very nice and fair...but that's another thread.

I'll say it again...i would have voted "no", if Sarge was not a moderator.
But he is. This suggest certain traits, none of which align with Sarge's interactions with new members. Hence this subject being brought to our attention multiple times.

So yeah...intellectual honesty.
Now you can keep fighting wind mills, and Sarge can keep on attacking my character...it won't change the fact that Sarge is a moderator, and his approach to new members is pretty harsh.
That they "deserve it" or not, is not good enough for me, because it is subjective.

I did not answer the question from my perspective. I answered the question from the perspective of a new member.
Just think about that, with all the intellectual honesty you can muster.

Ole WV Coot
05-19-2009, 02:09 PM
Just a little wisdom from me. When two skunks get into a pi$$ing contest the winner don't smell any better than the loser. That condenses just about all I have read.

remy
05-19-2009, 02:11 PM
The original member that complained has not come forth as of yet. If I thought Remy's perceptions of a moderator were correct & acted accordingly I'd of banned him a long time ago! So in the interm I can see that since he's again suffering diarrhea of the keyboard that it's time to put him , once again, on my "ignore list"; bye Remy.:cool2:

How childish of you.

Rick
05-19-2009, 06:01 PM
I hope you all noticed. That was another Cootism. It was a bit camouflaged in there.

trax
05-19-2009, 06:11 PM
Hey, I just voted that he's a big meany. I also told him to not stop.

Rick
05-19-2009, 07:44 PM
I don't impress easily and can usually pick out total BS.

Dang it! I'm completely hosed.

Sam
05-20-2009, 12:24 AM
The original member that complained has not come forth as of yet. If I thought Remy's perceptions of a moderator were correct & acted accordingly I'd of banned him a long time ago! So in the interm I can see that since he's again suffering diarrhea of the keyboard that it's time to put him , once again, on my "ignore list"; bye Remy.:cool2:

I have been busy working and have not had time to reply to this thread, sorry if I was 'ducking' you.

I am the person that asked Chris if he also thought that Sarge47 might be to 'combative' and rough on some of the new people that come to this board for advice from the group of knowledgeable people here. Not everyone that comes here for the first time is a troll or spammer. I just feel that if a child asked for help tying their shoes, the average response is to show them how and help them learn. Some times, I repeat sometimes people come here and ask questions in a courteous way and are attacked by Sarge47. I am referring to a thread started by a mddubs who came here to learn about survival kits and how they work. I feel that Sarge47 turned this poster into a troll. Here is what I am gonna do about this, I am gonna take a page from Sarge47 and put him on my ignore list as I feel aggravated after reading some of his posts.
I hope I did not hurt his feelings by questioning his 'approach' to new posters. I feel I may have by the fact he started a poll to help him feel better about this whole deal.

DOGMAN
05-20-2009, 01:22 AM
Can you put yourself on the ignore list? So, you cant read your own posts...

doug1980
05-20-2009, 01:47 AM
So we have meanies, know-it-alls, babies and even a resident shrink....and lets not forget a guy who has no door on his outhouse.... :) Can't ask for a more diverse and entertaining group.

Sarge47
05-20-2009, 02:14 AM
I have been busy working and have not had time to reply to this thread, sorry if I was 'ducking' you.

I am the person that asked Chris if he also thought that Sarge47 might be to 'combative' and rough on some of the new people that come to this board for advice from the group of knowledgeable people here. Not everyone that comes here for the first time is a troll or spammer. I just feel that if a child asked for help tying their shoes, the average response is to show them how and help them learn. Some times, I repeat sometimes people come here and ask questions in a courteous way and are attacked by Sarge47. I am referring to a thread started by a mddubs who came here to learn about survival kits and how they work. I feel that Sarge47 turned this poster into a troll. Here is what I am gonna do about this, I am gonna take a page from Sarge47 and put him on my ignore list as I feel aggravated after reading some of his posts.
I hope I did not hurt his feelings by questioning his 'approach' to new posters. I feel I may have by the fact he started a poll to help him feel better about this whole deal.Sorry if you can't read this but 1st just let me say that I commend you for coming forward & sharing your opinion, that took guts. 2nd, I understand about your work schedule as I, myself, was a professional cook for about 10 years, I know just how hectic that can be. As far as the fellow you've mentioned I don't remember him but I think itis the guy with the survival pack & the knife, I'll look into it. Take care.:cool2:

laughingbeetle
05-20-2009, 02:18 AM
Sarge...you the man. period.

Sarge47
05-20-2009, 02:26 AM
I just found Mddubs posts & if anybody was on his case it was Crash, although Crash was simply enforcing the rules regarding links. Also, Md was never banned, he's still a member, although absent. Not only that but he also started flaming on the other members for no reason that I could see before I ever posted hardly anything at all. When I did start my series of posts he was gone by his own accord. So Sam, I don't know where your coming from dude, but I'm glad I'm on your "ignore" list. Thank You!!!:cool2:

Sam
05-20-2009, 09:51 AM
I just found Mddubs posts & if anybody was on his case it was Crash, although Crash was simply enforcing the rules regarding links. Also, Md was never banned, he's still a member, although absent. Not only that but he also started flaming on the other members for no reason that I could see before I ever posted hardly anything at all. When I did start my series of posts he was gone by his own accord. So Sam, I don't know where your coming from dude, but I'm glad I'm on your "ignore" list. Thank You!!!:cool2:

I did not ignore you yet I was waiting for you're reply. I see by the responses from other members that I am at fault for having an opinion on this matter.
To answer JasonMontanas post, yes I can fix the problem of my posting here and wasting time being a whiner.
-Sam

Sarge47
05-20-2009, 12:06 PM
I did not ignore you yet I was waiting for you're reply. I see by the responses from other members that I am at fault for having an opinion on this matter.
To answer JasonMontanas post, yes I can fix the problem of my posting here and wasting time being a whiner.
-SamThen be fair in your judgement dog! Crash was ALSO involved, yet you never mentioned him! Rules are rules! Break them & you'll get told about it! Keep it up & your gone! I started out with "kid gloves with mddub, but he thought he was "all that" & started flaming on the other members INCLUDING Crash who was a mod doing his job! So yes, I have a "combative" personality as you're finding out! All's I ask is that you be fair! I don't think that it's too much to ask!:cool2:

doug1980
05-20-2009, 12:10 PM
Keyboard commando's....that's all I have to say about that.

gryffynklm
05-20-2009, 01:49 PM
-Sam

Hi Sam, I disagree with your above statement. This thread was started as a poll in regards to the manner in which Sarge responds to some newbies. You were unable to post for some time that happens. 51 posts were submitted until your opinions were known to the rest of us. I don't see any posts that would indicate your opinion does not have worth.

I believe that sarge was sincere and wanted honest opinions. Our opinions were submitted from our point of view and had no reference to your opinion or point of view. So, don't take it personal.

So, now we know who you are and a little about your opinion, I would say yes Sarge can be a bit harsh.

To sarge. when the voice of reason isn't being heard, bring on the harsh.

Like Ken said:

Those of you here in the Forum

Second verse by Ken

Sam stick around. If we all agreed with each other we wouldn't need this forum.

A wise man may profit from the wisdom from others, it doesn't say he has to use it.

trax
05-20-2009, 03:00 PM
Dang folks, that Karl fella's got some wisdom goin' on right there.

grundle
05-21-2009, 02:20 PM
Really, can we beat this dead horse anymore?

What a boring discussion

remy
05-21-2009, 02:28 PM
lolll

Well thank you for making the "boring" discussion so special.

It might be boring to you, but it is a legitimate concern a couple of members have. Excuse the bleep out of us for voicing that concern in a boring fashion.

I think we are all moving on though...unless you want to add something ?

grundle
05-21-2009, 02:45 PM
lolll

Well thank you for making the "boring" discussion so special.

It might be boring to you, but it is a legitimate concern a couple of members have. Excuse the bleep out of us for voicing that concern in a boring fashion.

I think we are all moving on though...unless you want to add something ?

Yes, that was my suggestion -- move on. Dissecting what so-and-so says ad-nauseum is really quite boring. Let me sum it up for everyone and we can move on.

1) Sarge has always been abrasive.
2) Some people don't like Sarge's abrasiveness.
- boohoo and a glass of wine
3) Some people think it is helpful.
- cheers and a keg of beer

Conclusion: No reason to think he will change, no reason to have this discussion. Problem solved in one post. I'm a hero I know, now we can move on and talk about more interesting things like the elusive starbelly sneech.

Rick
05-21-2009, 02:46 PM
I have to tell you, that was pretty succinct.

Sarge47
05-21-2009, 02:59 PM
OK, I'll bite, what's a "starbelly sneech"?:innocent:

Ken
05-21-2009, 03:01 PM
OK, I'll bite, what's a "starbelly sneech"?:innocent:

http://www.amquix.info/humor/sneetches/amway_sneetches.html

remy
05-21-2009, 03:05 PM
Yes, that was my suggestion -- move on. Dissecting what so-and-so says ad-nauseum is really quite boring. Let me sum it up for everyone and we can move on.

Conclusion: No reason to think he will change, no reason to have this discussion. Problem solved in one post. I'm a hero I know, now we can move on and talk about more interesting things like the elusive starbelly sneech.

I don't disagree...
But you forget one thing...All those boring discussions are not meant to change people or even solve problems, they are meant to position ourselves in relation to ourselves.

Say what ?

If i argue with you about something...this something does not really matter, since as you expressed, most of the time nothing changes. So why do we argue if not to understand our own positions...

When dogs fight, they don't fight for a certain position, but for what this position reflects in relation to themselves. That the reason brings change or not, solutions or not, is not important. What is important, is the discovery of self. We humans call it "to reflect".

doug1980
05-21-2009, 03:08 PM
I don't disagree...
But you forget one thing...All those boring discussions are not meant to change people or even solve problems, they are meant to position ourselves in relation to ourselves.

Say what ?

If i argue with you about something...this something does not really matter, since as you expressed, most of the time nothing changes. So why do we argue if not to understand our own positions...

When dogs fight, they don't fight for a certain position, but for what this position reflects in relation to themselves. That the reason brings change or not, solutions or not, is not important. What is important, is the discovery of self. We humans call it "to reflect".

WTF Sometimes I wonder if you are really as smart as you appear to be or just trying way to hard to impress others. I would say at least 90% of the people on here could give two $h!ts what you think. You try way to hard to appear smart which just makes you look dumb. Shut the **** up and move on!!!!!:smash:

crashdive123
05-21-2009, 03:17 PM
Just a couple of observations.

Conclusion: No reason to think he will change, no reason to have this discussion. Problem solved in one post. I'm a hero I know, now we can move on and talk about more interesting things like the elusive starbelly sneech.That was a "right to the point, no nonsense" post.

My second observation.
Really, can we beat this dead horse anymore?

What a boring discussionThe thread had kind of been dead until, well, you get it.

remy
05-21-2009, 03:18 PM
WTF Sometimes I wonder if you are really as smart as you appear to be or just trying way to hard to impress others. I would say at least 90% of the people on here could give two $h!ts what you think. You try way to hard to appear smart which just makes you look dumb. Shut the **** up and move on!!!!!:smash:

lollll

Does that mean we are not friends then ?

doug1980
05-21-2009, 03:25 PM
lollll

Does that mean we are not friends then ?

Do you mean friends in the realitive sense. How can one be "friends" with someone whom they never met before? We as homosapians have the urge to fit in and are naturally drawn to other homosapians. It could be for a sense of security... who knows.

Now see I can type some BS that sounds intelligent but is totally irrelevant to your question or the topic in an effort to show my intelect.

Ken
05-21-2009, 03:28 PM
Do you mean friends in the realitive sense. How can one be "friends" with someone whom they never met before? We as homosapians have the urge to fit in and are naturally drawn to other homosapians. It could be for a sense of security... who knows.

Now see I can type some BS that sounds intelligent but is totally irrelevant to your question or the topic in an effort to show my intelect.

:clap: :thumbup: :lol:

crashdive123
05-21-2009, 03:35 PM
Now see I can type some BS that sounds intelligent but is totally irrelevant to your question or the topic in an effort to show my intelect.Well now, opinions may vary.:lol::lol:just kidding, just kidding:lol::lol:

Sarge47
05-21-2009, 03:46 PM

:clap: :thumbup: :lol:

remy
05-21-2009, 03:53 PM

Yeah your BS "sounds intelligent"...although that was pretty bad.:tongue_smilie:
But it isn't...hence, you cannot do what i do...and are forced to tell me to "shut the **** up" and expose your limitations.

Isn't that flaming by the way ?

Sigh...

crashdive123
05-21-2009, 03:57 PM
Isn't that flaming by the way ?Good point. Yes it is. Everybody play nice, or the playground will be closed.

grundle
05-21-2009, 04:00 PM
My second observation. The thread had kind of been dead until, well, you get it.

Now that is a revelation. Please do me a favor and put me out of my misery. I can't bear the thought that it was my fault in resurrecting this disaster called a thread. Use a .45 so it will be over with the first shot :)

crashdive123
05-21-2009, 04:03 PM
Come on, admit it.....you just needed an excuse for some popcorn.

Ken
05-21-2009, 04:06 PM
02-27-2009, 07:10 PM #87
remy
trace

Excerpts from Remy's post on 02/27/09:

"Well...you are still stupid."

"Your posts are stupid, because you do not even know what you are saying...even worse, you do not know why you are saying those things."

"And WTF does it have to do with ........."

"Are you stupid or something ?"

"Actually...i will add one more choice... 3-go **** yourself."

Um, Remy? I think Doug was only trying to emulate your writing style.......

doug1980
05-21-2009, 04:09 PM
Yeah your BS "sounds intelligent"...although that was pretty bad.:tongue_smilie:
But it isn't...hence, you cannot do what i do...and are forced to tell me to "shut the **** up" and expose your limitations.

Isn't that flaming by the way ?

Sigh...

Well if you mean I can't pretend to be smart very well then you are correct. I know enough and am comfortable with myself so I don't need to pretend or appear smart to impress others. But as you pointed out I flamed you...oh no... didn't want to hurt your feelings. Waste of my time any way.

Back on topic Sarge I believe you are rubbing off on me you are such a bad example... :)

crashdive123
05-21-2009, 04:10 PM
Either way, if you disagree and want to discuss it, then discuss it. Please, enough name calling and accusations.

remy
05-21-2009, 04:13 PM
Hey...i am not saying he shouldn't...i am just pointing out the double standard.
Probably why Some of Sarge's posts have disappeared from this thread, where he, a moderator, was flaming me.

(in response to ken)

remy
05-21-2009, 04:18 PM
Well if you mean I can't pretend to be smart very well then you are correct. I know enough and am comfortable with myself so I don't need to pretend or appear smart to impress others. But as you pointed out I flamed you...oh no... didn't want to hurt your feelings. Waste of my time any way.

Back on topic Sarge I believe you are rubbing off on me you are such a bad example... :)

Well...what's your problem exactly ?

grundle
05-21-2009, 04:19 PM
Like the famous piranha when a frenzy begins fish you didn't even see coming will bite and nip. There is safety in numbers, and the eating is good!

doug1980
05-21-2009, 04:23 PM
Well...what's your problem exactly ?

Well in respect for crash and the other mods I am not going to answer that. Since flamming, name-calling and the like are frowned upon. You should try that every now and then. I'm sure it's hard for you to restrain yourself but you should give it a whirl. I sir, have self-restraint and the ability to walk away from a needless and pointless arguement with someone I will never know or care to know.

Besides I think I made my point very clear earlier.

remy
05-21-2009, 04:29 PM
LMAO...oh please.
If you really respected the mods and had "self-restraint", you would have never told me to "shut the **** up" in the first place yes ?
So who are we kidding here.

But you are right...walk away.

doug1980
05-21-2009, 04:32 PM
LMAO...oh please.
If you really respected the mods and had "self-restraint", you would have never told me to "shut the **** up" in the first place yes ?
So who are we kidding here.

But you are right...walk away.

Well if you like we can continue this in PM form. But I know you don't do that. And I know why you don't.

remy
05-21-2009, 04:35 PM
Since when i don't do that ?

I have had many conversations through PM...and still do !
Give it your best shot doug.

grundle
05-21-2009, 04:36 PM
Make bacon, not war!!