PDA

View Full Version : foraging for food

oly
05-17-2009, 09:42 AM
Going to the foot hills to gather wild onions, catnip, stinging needle, mint, and/or whatever with my mom today.
Gathering wild onions can be very dangerous due to a lookalike plant called death Camus, the only way I can tell them apart before they bloom is I use my finger nail and penetrate the bulb and smell it (keeping my hand away from the bulb so I dont smell any residual odors from other onions) to see if it smells like an onion.

Ken
05-17-2009, 09:51 AM
Going to the kitchen right now to gather a glazed cinnamon coffee roll and another cup of coffee. Gathering coffee rolls can be very dangerous due to the fact that the two beagles give me the look of death if I don't give them a nibble. If I do, I'm dead anyway from the residual odors the dogs will create after they eat the coffee roll. I would consider myself lucky if those odors smelled like an onion

oly
05-17-2009, 09:58 AM
Witch is worse? the look of death or the sympathy look?

Ken
05-17-2009, 10:07 AM
Witch is worse? the look of death or the sympathy look?

I only avoid the look of death because I can't ignore the sympathy look. And then, the issue of their breath comes into play as well. Nothing like waking up to find one sleeping on your pillow, breathing and snorting an inch away from your face, while the other one is sleeping at your feet farting away.

It gets even better when were at my Honey's place. Then there are three of them, with the 110 lb. yellow lab sleeping on my legs. Makes no sense. King-sized bed. The Honey gets her side all alone, and the three dogs and I share my side. With the cat! :sneaky2: