PDA

View Full Version : knife and hawk info needed

corndog-44
09-26-2007, 09:16 PM
I'm a novice at knife and hawk throwing, just getting into it. What is the knife and hawk competition throwing distance? Any other related info would be appreciated. Thanks.

wareagle69
09-26-2007, 09:27 PM
you had better pm fvr he is the thrower here.

FVR
09-27-2007, 08:37 PM
Knife throwing competitions have a variety of rules, depending on the club.

Most distances are dictated by what spin you're throwing. Examples are one spin, one and a half spin, two spin etc.

Also rules change depending on if it's a mountain man throw or some ninja competition.

Check out this site http://www.throwzini.com

There seems to be alot more regs concerning the length of knives that are allowed in the competitions.

At mountain man events, knives must be bowies, no modern handles. Hawks have to have wooden handles.

Hawks are usually one rotation unless you get to a throw off. Then anything goes.

Good luck and if you have any questions, just yell.

corndog-44
09-27-2007, 09:57 PM
Thanks for the info, FVR. I put the throwzini site on my favorites.

I'm planning on buying about 3 Bowies with leather handles @ $14.99 each; they're 13 1/2 inches total length, from Smoky Mountain Knife Works for a lot of practice. I will be using the handle throw since these knives have sharp edges.

FVR
09-27-2007, 10:38 PM
Wow, they look like nice throwers. Let me know how they throw. Most comp. throws (other than mountain man) you need 5 knives. I just have not found the right 5 knives for the right price.