PDA

View Full Version : Forum Rules Reminder

Chris
05-10-2009, 12:53 PM
Reminder, no solicitations. That means no asking people to come visit your business, site, group, join, buy, rent, etc etc. No soliciting. This is a zero tolerance rule. Members are granted signature space, going beyond that is forbidden.

Someone was doing this via PM and it was reported to me and I had to ban them. Remember, no soliciting. This forum is not your recruitment pool or your customer pool. The only exceptions I allow are for paid jobs, if someone wants to hire a forum member for a paid job, they can post, because I want you guys to get all the jobs you want. Otherwise, no.

trax
05-10-2009, 01:09 PM
thanks for that Chris, because

a) I find soliciting annoying as #### and

b) it's so refreshing to be the one not breaking the rules for a change:innocent:

Sarge47
05-10-2009, 01:37 PM
Is that a "halo", Trax? Ok guys, I can't sell you any Morels, sorry, but (deep sigh) the rules are the rules.:innocent:

erunkiswldrnssurvival
05-10-2009, 01:43 PM
i dont think about buying anything when i log on. i most certainly never promote a buisness. i use youtube to share the things that i do in the woods. when i need to buy something i go to wally world. thanks Chris.

erunkiswldrnssurvival
05-10-2009, 01:45 PM
Is that a "halo", Trax? Ok guys, I can't sell you any Morels, sorry, but (deep sigh) the rules are the rules.:innocent:

whats the rule on donations sarge?

crashdive123
05-10-2009, 03:55 PM
whats the rule on donations sarge?

Send them all to the quality control department.

Ken
05-10-2009, 03:59 PM
What a team we have .......

Rick
05-10-2009, 04:01 PM
I thought you all might be interested in a minor statistic. Since the forum's inception, there have been 142 users banned. That's .045% of the total members. The overwhelming majority were spammers selling all the things spammers sell. Some were just obnoxious and one was just too ugly for the rest of you to look at.

That's really an incredibly low number and says quite a bit about the length Chris goes to just to keep the spammers out. It also says we try to stay on our toes and do the dirty stuff to keep you all squeaky clean.

Ken
05-10-2009, 04:03 PM
It also says we try to stay on our toes and do the dirty stuff to keep you all squeaky clean.

So, you'll change my oil and wash my car for me??? :thumbup: :innocent:

Rick
05-10-2009, 04:10 PM
Hey, you bet. We can wash the inside of your engine with Dawn to cut the oil. We generally add about 2 cups of Dawn and then fill the crankcase with 5 gallons of water. Run the engine for about 10 minutes and you'd be surprised just how clean it gets. Often self draining, too.

Ken
05-10-2009, 04:15 PM
:sneaky2: :angry: :chair: :censored: :angermanagement:

erunkiswldrnssurvival
05-10-2009, 05:25 PM
Send them all to the quality control department.

how did you know that i was going to suggest that! and easy shipping to your house!

Pict
05-10-2009, 07:41 PM
OK, like, what about bank jobs or taking over a small country, can we recruit members? Mac

Rick
05-10-2009, 07:43 PM
As long as you pay......well.

DOGMAN
05-10-2009, 09:17 PM
"That means no asking people to come visit your business, site. (Chris)"

So, did I break the rules by asking members to peer review my businesses web site? I did that because I wanted unbiased opinions on my amateur web design attempts. I wasn't trying to get business out of the deal. i figure most regular forum members here already know what I do. Also, I volunteered to host a winter camping/ winter survival skills retreat near my place and allow people to use my stuff for free, and i've taken a member on a 2 day sled dog tour for FREE before. So, honestly, I wasnt looking for dollars, I was looking for opinions.
Sorry if I violated the rules.

nell67
05-10-2009, 09:18 PM
OK, like, what about bank jobs or taking over a small country, can we recruit members? Mac

I'm IN!!!!!!!!!

crashdive123
05-10-2009, 09:18 PM
Jason - since you're posting and not banned, I don't think he was talking about you.

DOGMAN
05-10-2009, 09:22 PM
LOL.....dang man, I think I am smart...but sometimes...well my true nature presents itself

Pict
05-10-2009, 10:42 PM
Jason,

The link was in your sig line. I would want the same kind of feedback you asked for if/when I launched a website. Goob job BTW, it looks like a going concern. Mac

trax
05-11-2009, 12:33 PM

Well, yeah....a job's a job.

Ken
05-11-2009, 01:00 PM
OK, like, what about bank jobs.........? Mac

Call me when the job's over........:innocent:

Pict
05-11-2009, 01:45 PM
Call me when the job's over........:innocent:

Blood bank...yeah, that's it... blood bank. Mac