PDA

View Full Version : whats the deal?

Nomad
09-25-2007, 08:30 PM
Whats the deal with Tom brown Jr? Several people have mentioned mixed feelings about him. just curious as to why??

Recurve Bowyer
09-25-2007, 11:07 PM
I'm curious about this as well. I read one of his books over the summer and really enjoyed it. My cousin's ex girlfriend went to his tracking school. She only had good things to say about the school and him.

Nomad
09-26-2007, 11:20 AM
Hey RB. what book did you read? I have 4 of his books. the only thing i don't like about them are the line drawings. pictures would be so much better.

Recurve Bowyer
09-26-2007, 12:33 PM
I read "Tom Brown's Field Guide to Wilderness Survival." Pictures would be much better, but I guess you can use the internet for that. From what I remember, he went into good detail about everything.

I also read the first couple chapters of "The Tracker." I got sidetracked before I could finish it, so I'll hold off from judging it.

wareagle69
09-26-2007, 04:42 PM
hey nomad

do not take what am about to say the wrong way but i will assume that you are a novice when it comes to edible plants. as most of us start out we like to see colour pics makes it easier to digest, as you progress in your skills you will see that those who do line drawings and can interpret them are more skilled and can get a better understanding of the plants, now in no way am i defending tom brown, i have not been to his school so i cannot speak of him for or against i have heard that he talks allot of spirituality and not everyone wants to be one with the mushroom they are about to eat.

if any questions feel free to respond.

Nomad
09-26-2007, 05:28 PM
I heard if you eat the right mushroom, you can become one with anything ha ha ha. color pictures don't digest any easier than black and white ones. Both constipate me. sorry, I just couldn't resist the puns!

tfisher
09-26-2007, 07:50 PM
http://trackertrail.com/tombrown/controversies/index.html