PDA

View Full Version : ruger m14 tack

charlie
05-06-2009, 11:41 PM
anyone here purchased one a them new m14? nice weapon. looking into getting one, there farily priced at a little over 8 bills. sure is a drastict change from the old m14, a change I like very much. 223 is good enough to stop things and for 60 bucks apeice you can get on the back order list for 30 rnd clips. yea the more I look at the pic of it the more I know I really need to just get on...later man. charlie.

crashdive123
05-07-2009, 07:05 AM
anyone here purchased one a them new m14? nice weapon. looking into getting one, there farily priced at a little over 8 bills. sure is a drastict change from the old m14, a change I like very much. 223 is good enough to stop things and for 60 bucks apeice you can get on the back order list for 30 rnd clips. yea the more I look at the pic of it the more I know I really need to just get on...later man. charlie.

Are you talking about the Mini 14? If so, they came out about 35 years ago, so not quite new.

Rick
05-07-2009, 08:52 AM
I think he's talking about the Springfield M14 but that's been around since the late '50s.

Ole WV Coot
05-07-2009, 09:02 AM
Had me worried for a second. Thought I had "borrowed" a new prototype about 30yrs ago and I sure didn't think about that kinda price. If it's the mini 14 the plain rifle is about everything you would need if you like the caliber.

Rick
05-07-2009, 09:46 AM
Oh, I missed the "Ruger" in the title. My bad.

lucznik
05-07-2009, 10:59 AM
Ruger made some adjustments to the Mini 14 late last year (or maybe it was early this year, I forget). It involved some accurizing and other things to make it cost more. They are calling it the "Mini-14 Target Rifle." I think this is the "new" Mini-14 mentioned by Charlie.

You can see it on Ruger's website here:

http://www.ruger.com/Firearms/FAFamily?type=Rifle&subtype=Autoloading&famlst=61

It is also available with a Hogue Overmolded stock, seen here:

http://www.ruger.com/Firearms/FAProdView?model=5828&return=Y

Ken
05-07-2009, 03:14 PM
Oh, I missed the "Ruger" in the title. My bad.

They say that when the end approaches, eyesight is the first sense that you lose ....... :innocent:

Rick
05-07-2009, 05:50 PM
What do you mean Einstein was a senseless ruse? I don't feel so good.

charlie
05-07-2009, 08:24 PM
ya boys is a bit behind on your times with guns, I aint talking bout your granpappys m14 the little sissy looking deer rifle. (google- ruger M14 20CF tactical rifle) then call back, this toy just came out. and it's going to make ruger big bills! betta get one before they say its illegal. later. charlie

Rick
05-07-2009, 08:50 PM
Well slap me silly and call me Susie. They shore 'nuff gots them one swell lookin' piece of hot metal. Big bills, little bills and a couple of medium sized Williams is prob'ly headed their way for true.

Ken
05-07-2009, 08:52 PM
Well slap me silly and call me Susie. They shore 'nuff gots them one swell lookin' piece of hot metal. Big bills, little bills and a couple of medium sized Williams is prob'ly headed their way for true.

I don't hit girls. Never did. Never will. :sneaky2:

crashdive123
05-07-2009, 09:35 PM
ya boys is a bit behind on your times with guns, I aint talking bout your granpappys m14 the little sissy looking deer rifle. (google- ruger M14 20CF tactical rifle) then call back, this toy just came out. and it's going to make ruger big bills! betta get one before they say its illegal. later. charlie

You said in another post that you didn't read unless there were pictures, now I think I understand why.

SARKY
05-07-2009, 11:19 PM
The new Mini-14 came out the end of last year, and is available in .223 ans .204 ( which is a .223 necked down to .20 caliber). It's a nice varmint round but not good for much else(the bullet jacket are too thin). I paid $175 for my first mini and $300 for my last mini. I can get a match barrel and trigger job on my Mini and still be less than a new Mini.

LudwigVan
05-08-2009, 12:11 AM
Funny, I saw one of these at the local hunting store and thought it was just a regular Mini that someone sank a bunch of money and time into and had to trade in, so that's thier brand new gun? Looks like they're attemping to turn it into an overpriced range toy, doesn't even have iron sights.

Oh and did I mention that it has been there for like a month in the "sporting/tactical" section while they can't keep any ARs or M1As or the like there for two hours before someone snatches them.

chiye tanka
05-08-2009, 12:58 AM
Hey Charlie, all that is is a mini 14 with a tactical stock. I don't see the big deal about it.

tonester
05-08-2009, 06:25 AM
yah on rugers site its actually listed with all the other mini 14's. you can actually just buy the tactical stock if you already have a regular mini 14 and put it on.

Ole WV Coot
05-08-2009, 07:35 PM

Best get all the new toys you can find. I don't own firearms that don't do what I want. I do believe my grandson at 20 knows more about them than most, but maybe the USMC isn't teaching him no more than his dear ole granpappy did. Best check your facts then put your mouth in gear. I only have over 55yrs of practice so maybe I need educated, thanks for explaining the error of my ways.:innocent:

Ken
05-08-2009, 08:12 PM
anyone here purchased one a them new m14?

ya boys is a bit behind on your times with guns, I aint talking bout your granpappys m14 the little sissy looking deer rifle. (google- ruger M14 20CF tactical rifle) then call back....

If you were asking about the Ruger M14 20CF Tactical Rifle, you should have stated Ruger M14 20CF Tactical Rifle and not simply m14 in your first post.

The specificity with which you phrase a question has alot to do with the nature of the responses you receive. "We boys" ain't "behind the times with guns" - you'se just ain't axin the right questions, that's awl. Readin' books, which you say you don't like to do, might help ya' a bit with that English stuff. Don't wanna' misread that there owner's manual and point that rifle in the wrong DIE-rection, do ya'? You been spendin' too much time in them deep Iowa woods? :innocent:

crashdive123
05-08-2009, 08:17 PM
Ah, don't pay too much attention to him. Just another troll I suspect.

Ken
05-08-2009, 08:34 PM
You could also read differently.
Might go faster.

"Ruger m14 tack"
Everything was there...
This is how the world is yes ? That's why our brains do what them brains do.

You've been spending too much time in them lawyers papers.
lol

Actually, I spend alot more time in the courtroom. It's a great training ground for learning how to phrase a question in a manner which will elicit an appropriate response. And knowing what NOT to ask is even more important....

If your questions are vague, rest assured that the responses you receive will be vague as well - and that's only if the vague question doesn't lead to a sustained objection before the witness can even answer.

I've seen many a judge deny a lawyer's motion to have an answer stricken because the lawyer didn't ask the question properly in the first place.

And Remy, it looks to me like several others read the question the same way I did. My first reaction was ??????

Ken
05-08-2009, 08:57 PM
Contrary to your second ?

Noooo, contrary to what I learned from his second post.

Does the question, "Does your dog bite?" have any relevance here?

Ken
05-08-2009, 09:04 PM
Millions also thought the earth was flat.

It is. On a map. But it's all relative, isn't it?

Schleprok
05-08-2009, 09:13 PM
Just a dressed up Mini 14.
Miss mine. Great shooting rifle. Highly accurate. Only accessory I bought was a 40 round magazine. Might just have that laying around still. Perhaps I should buy something that it will fit???

charlie
05-08-2009, 10:13 PM
well kick me in the **** and run! hell, things come slow around here, I geuss it is just a dressed up 14 but I for one like the way they did it. we use the ol 12 ga more than anything around here, the nearsest town is about 20 miles and its only got about 9k folks in it. word comes slow around these parts. so dont start tearin in to my azz about how it looks and what it was to sound like the first time because it was right the first time,, I smell a true cityboy wannabe, and while where on it, are the folks that are using a native name here really have the blood rights to do this or just playing buckskinner kinda thing? most the time those that do this will tell you their grandmother was a Indian princes. and so on.. blue eyed blond haired Indians. I think Im gonna like this place,, give me something to do. this place is crawlin with the likes of such! young and old, well I gotta go feed the goats man, Ill holler at you folks later. "all relations" Charlie

Rick
05-09-2009, 08:17 AM
Such a sad, sad man. I'll give him this, he worked hard at getting banned.

Schleprok
05-09-2009, 03:59 PM
Just getch a "normal" mini 14 and accessorize it a wee bit. There used to be a nice synthetic stock for them, don't remember who made it. Pistol grip bottom opened for storage and there was a spot for a 30rd mag in the butt, easy access.