PDA

View Full Version : College Student Saves 10 Lives

Chris
05-06-2009, 07:57 AM
http://www.wsbtv.com/news/19365762/detail.html

You probably won't see that on CNN.

nell67
05-06-2009, 08:13 AM
Awesome! Mr.Bailey deserves a medal for his actions.

mountain mama
05-06-2009, 08:14 AM
I just hope they catch the other assailant, so that he can enjoy the rest of his days in prison with his new gf, Bubba

Alpine_Sapper
05-06-2009, 08:24 AM
I just hope they catch the other assailant, so that he can enjoy the rest of his days in prison with his new gf, Bubba

with his new bf, Bubba

Pal334
05-06-2009, 09:04 AM
Shocking that the college student would be so politically incorrect by defending himself and his friends!!! Perhaps there is still some hope

mountain mama
05-06-2009, 09:15 AM
You can't very well be politically incorrect when you, yourself, are a minority....maybe that is why he (the student with the gun) hasn't been hauled away in handcuffs yet

mcfd45
05-06-2009, 09:33 AM
:smartass:Who would think up such a thing, having a weapon to defend yourself? Wierd concept.

trax
05-06-2009, 11:57 AM
I am truly impressed with this young man's response and I think he did a great thing. However, (yeah yeah here goes Trax again) I'd be more impressed if the youngster went out and got some range time in, because if I read that right...he shot at two guys, dropped one. He would have been doing the world a favor if he'd got both as far as I'm concerned.

Alpine_Sapper
05-06-2009, 12:05 PM
I am truly impressed with this young man's response and I think he did a great thing. However, (yeah yeah here goes Trax again) I'd be more impressed if the youngster went out and got some range time in, because if I read that right...he shot at two guys, dropped one. He would have been doing the world a favor if he'd got both as far as I'm concerned.

What's the statistic about adrenaline and shooting ability? There's like a 90% decrease in the ability to hit something when the initial adrenaline dump from a firefight (especially the inexperienced) hits? Not sure on the accuracy of the statistics, but...

Pal334
05-06-2009, 12:22 PM
What's the statistic about adrenaline and shooting ability? There's like a 90% decrease in the ability to hit something when the initial adrenaline dump from a firefight (especially the inexperienced) hits? Not sure on the accuracy of the statistics, but...

I think you are very close to accurate at the 90% figure. Especially an inexperienced person, when and or if they "break through" that societaly taboo against actually using the firearm they tend to "spray and pray"because they do not realize what the adrenaline is doing to their muscle reactions. Experienced folks feel the same adrenaline rush and takes extreme discipline to over come the jerky reactions that it causes in your muscles.
I do commend the young man for refusing to become a victim.

crashdive123
05-06-2009, 12:33 PM
Well, not to start another krap storm like the thread with the Navy Seals and Somali terrorists, but AWESOME!

Goloth
05-13-2009, 01:30 PM
“Apparently, his intent was to rape and murder us all,” said student Charles Bailey.

LOOOOOL rape all of them!? even the men?! now that's disturbing. Shouldn't o' been thinkin' with his dipstick! That's why he got shot :P

mountain mama
05-13-2009, 03:31 PM
soooo, let me get this straight....you think it is disturbing that his intent was to rape men....but it'd be perfectly acceptable for him to be raping women?

crashdive123
05-13-2009, 03:59 PM
Go get him M&M.

Ken
05-13-2009, 04:07 PM
Popcorn, anyone? :munchies:

Goloth
05-13-2009, 04:09 PM
soooo, let me get this straight....you think it is disturbing that his intent was to rape men....but it'd be perfectly acceptable for him to be raping women?

Don't blame me, blame society.

- I was just saying it's not prison here on the outside, besides, I never said it was okay, but then again I never said it wasn't... so therefore I'm not opinionated on it. :o

RichNH
05-13-2009, 07:04 PM
Ohhhhhhhhh you don't get off so easy! Pass the popcorn please?

mountain mama
05-13-2009, 07:17 PM
Goloth, I guess prisoners have more ethics in this area than you seem to have. Do you know what they do to rapists in prison? *Goloth meet Bubba, Bubba this is your new b!tch*

crashdive123
05-13-2009, 07:18 PM
This is going to take more than just a little popcorn.
http://www.smileyshut.com/smileys/new/ciupa1.gif (http://www.smileyshut.com) http://www.smileyshut.com/smileys/new/cibo4.gif (http://www.smileyshut.com) http://www.smileyshut.com/smileys/new/cibo3.gif (http://www.smileyshut.com) http://www.smileyshut.com/smileys/new/cibo2.gif (http://www.smileyshut.com) http://www.smileyshut.com/smileys/new/cibo1.gif (http://www.smileyshut.com) http://www.smileyshut.com/smileys/new/birra2.gif (http://www.smileyshut.com) http://www.smileyshut.com/smileys/new/36_1_72[1].gif (http://www.smileyshut.com) http://www.smileyshut.com/smileys/new/Food/loves-chocolate-51.gif (http://www.smileyshut.com)

Goloth
05-14-2009, 03:10 PM
Goloth, I guess prisoners have more ethics in this area than you seem to have. Do you know what they do to rapists in prison? *Goloth meet Bubba, Bubba this is your new b!tch*

Oh yes, I'm well aware of what MOST of the prisoners to do CHILD RAPISTS AND MOLESTERS. Not so much to people who rape women unfortunately (however, there are some cases.) the most favorable memory of mine of child molesters getting beat down in prison would be Jeffrey Dahmer. ************************ would be one of the worst ways to die... eeeh... makes me laugh and cringe at the same time... ************************ Trust me, I know plenty about the inner-workings of jails and prisons in this nation, and it's not anything to be proud of, but **** happens. It's not like we can stop rapists or child molesters. (unless of course you're around when it happens)

chiye tanka
05-14-2009, 03:25 PM
[QUOTE=Goloth;120459]Trust me, I know plenty about the inner-workings of jails and prisons in this nation

Okay, I'll bite. What do you know?

Ken
05-14-2009, 03:42 PM
:glare: Time for another bowl of popcorn! :munchies:

chiye tanka
05-14-2009, 03:50 PM
Better make it a double with this one Ken.

Ken
05-14-2009, 03:51 PM
Oh yes, I'm well aware of what MOST of the prisoners to do CHILD RAPISTS AND MOLESTERS. Not so much to people who rape women unfortunately (however, there are some cases.) .......Trust me, I know plenty about the inner-workings of jails and prisons in this nation.

I only know a teeny weeny bit. I've led a very sheltered life. Educate me. Please.

Ken
05-14-2009, 03:52 PM
Better make it a double with this one Ken.

I'll make it a double, Chiye. But it won't be popcorn......:innocent:

mountain mama
05-14-2009, 06:16 PM
Trust me, I know plenty about the inner-workings of jails and prisons in this nation, and it's not anything to be proud of, but **** happens.uh huh....silly me, this should have been obvious
It's not like we can stop rapists or child molesters. (unless of course you're around when it happens)Actually, I can. And with just a pair of clippers. Care to see how?

mountain mama
05-14-2009, 06:17 PM
pass the popcorn Ken....chiye tanka, no bogartin' dude!

tacticalguy
05-14-2009, 07:19 PM

Goloth
05-15-2009, 02:21 AM
pass the popcorn Ken....chiye tanka, no bogartin' dude!

To answer two questions.

1. Chiye, I've done time, a year and a half in juvenile hall. My family is... nevermind, I won't get into that.

2. Mountain Mama, I don't know what makes you think you're any better than any other woman out there with a blade. You related to Bobbitt? Because it sure does seem like it right now.

Rick
05-15-2009, 06:23 AM
http://i348.photobucket.com/albums/q348/safe_zone/behave.gif

mountain mama
05-15-2009, 09:52 AM
2. Mountain Mama, I don't know what makes you think you're any better than any other woman out there with a blade. You related to Bobbitt? Because it sure does seem like it right now.If any man thought it acceptable to rape me or one of my children, I can guarantee you I would make Lorena Bobbitt look like the angel of mercy.

Ken
05-15-2009, 10:02 AM
Chiye, I've done time, a year and a half in juvenile hall.

For years now, I've believed that the entire juvenile court and detention/corrections system is a failure. My belief continues to grow stronger every day.

chiye tanka
05-15-2009, 02:09 PM
[QUOTE=Goloth;120534]To answer two questions.

1. Chiye, I've done time, a year and a half in juvenile hall. My family is... nevermind, I won't get into that.
I've seen you type for a long time. By the way you present yourself, you learned nothing in that year and a half.
By the way, a year and a half in juvi is nothing to brag about. I've delt with guys who are lifers, you wouldn't last a minute.

Goloth
05-15-2009, 03:53 PM
[QUOTE=Goloth;120534]To answer two questions.

I've seen you type for a long time. By the way you present yourself, you learned nothing in that year and a half.
By the way, a year and a half in juvi is nothing to brag about. I've delt with guys who are lifers, you wouldn't last a minute.

Well, as I already said, it's nothing I wanna get into. Obviously we have run into a steak of different opinions on the subject with me at the center of the fire. So I'm gonna go ahead and drop it, there's no point in arguing with ya'll.

mountain mama
05-15-2009, 04:45 PM
You're right, there is no point in trying to argue the validity of raping women.

Rick
05-15-2009, 04:49 PM
I think we're arguing over the slip of a word. I doubt Goloth meant it was okay to rape anyone. Unfortunately, the way it was worded it did not come across that way. Let's just end it here.

chiye tanka
05-15-2009, 05:05 PM
Sounds like a good idea Rick.

mountain mama
05-15-2009, 05:33 PM
Rick, no offense, but maybe you should go back and re-read his comments. There was NO slip. And I do take offense to what he has implied.

remy
05-15-2009, 08:28 PM
It's just stupid really.

It is amazing what is acceptable, and what is not.
Isn't it ?

"- I was just saying it's not prison here on the outside, besides, I never said it was okay, but then again I never said it wasn't... so therefore I'm not opinionated on it."
goloth

No slip here.
He finds it amusing...

nell67
05-15-2009, 08:51 PM
Rick, no offense, but maybe you should go back and re-read his comments. There was NO slip. And I do take offense to what he has implied.
I agree with MM here,even his later posts seem to verify his original thoughts,only child rapists and molesters deserve what they get in prison,eh???

Any man tries that one on me will find himself needing to raid his BOB for the sanitary napkins to try to stem the flow from his new found v****a.

mountain mama
05-15-2009, 08:56 PM
Amen, nell!

Pal334
05-15-2009, 09:20 PM
I am normally not one to advocate censoring anothers views. However, as I have read through his posts, I agree with MM and Nell. Since this is a "G" rated forum (and for other more obvious reasons), the impression he has left has no place.

Rick
05-15-2009, 10:23 PM
Just to go on record that I think the whole raping, pillaging, plundering thing should have ended right after Troy was taken but anywhooo.

Ladies, I think you have more to worry about from the popcorn eatin', beer drinkin', provoking everyone else and then steppin' back, crowd than you do from a teenager that either cracked a very bad joke or just pulled your chain. Almost this whole thread has been folks aggin' you all on.

That's my 2 cents but Lord knows I've been wrong before. I almost always am when it comes to discussing things with women. Watch this prove me right.

mountain mama
05-15-2009, 10:28 PM
You're right Rick.....in the fact that you are WRONG!

My offer still stands to show Goloth how a castration is performed.

mountain mama
05-15-2009, 10:29 PM
Ken, weren't you supposed to pass the beer and popcorn....or is chiye tanka hogging it all for himself?

Rick
05-15-2009, 10:29 PM
Well, at least I proved one of my points. I'll get the popcorn. Don't start till I get back.

Ken
05-15-2009, 11:27 PM
Just to go on record that I think the whole raping, pillaging, plundering thing should have ended right after Troy was taken but anywhooo.

Ladies, I think you have more to worry about from the popcorn eatin', beer drinkin', provoking everyone else and then steppin' back, crowd than you do from a teenager that either cracked a very bad joke or just pulled your chain. Almost this whole thread has been folks aggin' you all on.

That's my 2 cents but Lord knows I've been wrong before. I almost always am when it comes to discussing things with women. Watch this prove me right.

Rick,

It's the little slips in conversation that people make that open a window into their souls. The little slips that reveal the truth about how someone thinks, what they are thinking, what they have done, and what they are all about. Goloth made one of those slips - big time. His later attempts to recover from this slip were unsuccessful; in fact, his subsequent failed posts merely reinforced what he revealed in his first post.

MM picked up on it instantly. Goloth didn't crack a bad joke - he revealed exactly what MM picked up on, which is that he accepts violence against women as being "normal" ("Don't blame me, blame society.") so long as it isn't homosexual conduct. Well, it isn't normal. Rape is not acceptable. Goloth equates rape with sex. Rape is not sexual conduct, it is violent conduct, the most personal and dehumanizing exercise of control over someone else, by way of a forced "sexual" act. Violence, other than in self defense, defense of property, or defense of others, is not acceptable. Ever. Period.

I know, without a doubt, that you agree with this sentiment, but Goloth doesn't get it. Not at this point in his life, anyway, and it wasn't only MM who picked up on it.

Nobody was egging MM on or pulling her chain. We were directing our sarcasm at Goloth. We knew what Goloth was in for, what he deserved to hear, and what was coming ......... We (I) wanted him to hear it from MM, because sometimes it takes a woman, not a man, to put someone like Goloth in his place. We (I) found it appropriate and likely that the personal mores he unwittingly revealed by way of his posts would surely result in his "butt getting kicked" by a woman, even if not in a physical way. Why? Because getting his butt kicked by a guy would have been no where as bad as getting it kicked by a woman.

Guys like Goloth view women simply as weak objects or inferior beings who only deserve to be submissive and used or abused . Did you read what else he said in a later post? "Mountain Mama, I don't know what makes you think you're any better than any other woman out there with a blade." I suspect that, in his lifetime, Goloth has been knocked down by many guys, particularly in juvenile hall, and possibly at home as well. One more time wouldn't make much of a difference. But getting his butt kicked by a woman?

Deep down inside, Goloth, having most likely been the victim of violence himself in the past, ("My family is... nevermind, I won't get into that.") accepts violence toward others (weaker people, i.e. women) as being a "pressure relief valve" and a source of humor. Why? Because HE is not the victim this time. He chooses to, and in fact does, identify with the aggressor, rather than the victim, because he sees empathy as a sign of weakness, and weakness sets you up to be a victim, right? It's better to be the victimizer than the victim, right? That, unfortunately, is what you learn in juvenile hall. That is why children who were abused often reverse the roles and become abusers themselves later in life.

Guys like Chiye and me have simply lost our patience with this mentality and the endless cycle of violence it causes.

Chiye deals with with kids, or adults who were kids, like this everyday. He caught the drift instantly. That's why he said "I'll bite." That's why he remarked that Goloth hadn't learned anything in his year and a half in juvenile hall. Chiye was right on the money.

Remy is absolutely correct (did I say that????) "No slip here. He finds it amusing..."

I've been dealing with kids like Goloth, and adults who were kids like Goloth, for 25 years. It takes me about a minute to figure them out - to distinguish the people (even those who are in serious trouble) who "get it" from those who don't. Goloth doesn't get it. Not yet, anyway.

laughingbeetle
05-16-2009, 01:29 AM
Well said Ken.

Goloth
05-16-2009, 02:17 AM
Rick,

It's the little slips in conversation that people make that open a window into their souls. The little slips that reveal the truth about how someone thinks, what they are thinking, what they have done, and what they are all about. Goloth made one of those slips - big time. His later attempts to recover from this slip were unsuccessful; in fact, his subsequent failed posts merely reinforced what he revealed in his first post.

MM picked up on it instantly. Goloth didn't crack a bad joke - he revealed exactly what MM picked up on, which is that he accepts violence against women as being "normal" ("Don't blame me, blame society.") so long as it isn't homosexual conduct. Well, it isn't normal. Rape is not acceptable. Goloth equates rape with sex. Rape is not sexual conduct, it is violent conduct, the most personal and dehumanizing exercise of control over someone else, by way of a forced "sexual" act. Violence, other than in self defense, defense of property, or defense of others, is not acceptable. Ever. Period.

I know, without a doubt, that you agree with this sentiment, but Goloth doesn't get it. Not at this point in his life, anyway, and it wasn't only MM who picked up on it.

Nobody was egging MM on or pulling her chain. We were directing our sarcasm at Goloth. We knew what Goloth was in for, what he deserved to hear, and what was coming ......... We (I) wanted him to hear it from MM, because sometimes it takes a woman, not a man, to put someone like Goloth in his place. We (I) found it appropriate and likely that the personal mores he unwittingly revealed by way of his posts would surely result in his "butt getting kicked" by a woman, even if not in a physical way. Why? Because getting his butt kicked by a guy would have been no where as bad as getting it kicked by a woman.

Guys like Goloth view women simply as weak objects or inferior beings who only deserve to be submissive and used or abused . Did you read what else he said in a later post? "Mountain Mama, I don't know what makes you think you're any better than any other woman out there with a blade." I suspect that, in his lifetime, Goloth has been knocked down by many guys, particularly in juvenile hall, and possibly at home as well. One more time wouldn't make much of a difference. But getting his butt kicked by a woman?

Deep down inside, Goloth, having most likely been the victim of violence himself in the past, ("My family is... nevermind, I won't get into that.") accepts violence toward others (weaker people, i.e. women) as being a "pressure relief valve" and a source of humor. Why? Because HE is not the victim this time. He chooses to, and in fact does, identify with the aggressor, rather than the victim, because he sees empathy as a sign of weakness, and weakness sets you up to be a victim, right? It's better to be the victimizer than the victim, right? That, unfortunately, is what you learn in juvenile hall. That is why children who were abused often reverse the roles and become abusers themselves later in life.

Guys like Chiye and me have simply lost our patience with this mentality and the endless cycle of violence it causes.

Chiye deals with with kids, or adults who were kids, like this everyday. He caught the drift instantly. That's why he said "I'll bite." That's why he remarked that Goloth hadn't learned anything in his year and a half in juvenile hall. Chiye was right on the money.

Remy is absolutely correct (did I say that????) "No slip here. He finds it amusing..."

I've been dealing with kids like Goloth, and adults who were kids like Goloth, for 25 years. It takes me about a minute to figure them out - to distinguish the people (even those who are in serious trouble) who "get it" from those who don't. Goloth doesn't get it. Not yet, anyway.

wooooaaahhh woah woah woah woah. Noooooo nonononononono. You guys have me totally wrong. I don't think about violence towards women as 'normal' in fact I tend to be... very violent towards people who are like that towards women. My girlfriend was sexually abused by her last boyfriend and I broke a perfectly good putter on that guys head. Listen, the moment you think you truly know what I'm thinking, trust me, you have no idea. As for a slip, there was none made whatsoever. Mountain Mama simply chose to make a 'play' on my words for her own selfish benefit to start an argument which was obviously 'egged' on as it was so well-put, I felt obligated to post, as you all seemed to find it interesting. However, it has now gotten too far out of hand and people need to back off. You decided to pick apart my post MM, and I cracked a joke. You need to chill-out, and I know that rape is no joking matter. Just because you seem to be obsessed with picking apart the way men think and offering to castrate them, does not give you the right to start problems here. I have said the last I am going to say in this post on it. It's a pointless subject and at this point we are kicking a dead dog.

So drop it.

P.S.

After taking the time to completely read-over your post Ken, you need to know a few things about me. First being, I'm not the victim of getting the hell beat out of me all the time. Although I grew up as a fighter for a while, I got the sh!t kicked out of me in high school for an entire year before I learned anything about maturity. I did my time in Juvenile hall four years ago, and I didn't learn anything out of it, you're very correct on that. However, I have learned from other experiences. I know very well the problems with abuse, I know very well what is right and wrong. I have never been violent towards women, but I have been a violent person. I sit about 6' 4" 250lbs and I like to fight people whom you have described so eloquently for the exact reasons you have mentioned. I'm too laid back now a-days for violence and tend to resolve things by using the thing we all call a brain to illustriously plan out what I am going to do and say before I do it. I also have to let you know, I have no problem getting my @** kicked by a woman dude. There's nothing wrong with it. My own mother used to beat the living hell out of me with the belt with a steel belt buckle on it when I was smaller. I've been beat down by women before, you wanna know why? Because I don't retaliate on women, and with men, it's a different story. You win some, you lose some. Big deal? As I said, it's my last post on the subject because there's no point in arguing with you guys, obviously you are going to place your alliances with MM on this, and I don't have a problem with it, everybody has separate views, if we didn't have views then there would be no need for competition. If there was no competition in the world there would be no desire to advance. Hey, the way I look at it, life is more than just eating and sleeping, you gotta take the time to think. I think you all know the same as I do that's very true.

Ken
05-16-2009, 02:48 AM
You guys have me totally wrong. I don't think about violence towards women as 'normal'

Okay. You just think that raping women is more "normal" than raping guys. Right?

My girlfriend was sexually abused by her last boyfriend and I broke a perfectly good putter on that guys head.

Bullsh*t!

As for a slip, there was none made whatsoever.

And water isn't wet, either.

Mountain Mama simply chose to make a 'play' on my words for her own selfish benefit to start an argument...."

No, you made an ignorant and offensive remark. Mountain Mama called you on it. Rightfully so.

You decided to pick apart my post MM, and I cracked a joke.

You should have apologized for your first post. Instead, you added insult to injury by making more ignorant and offensive remarks, which you characterize as a "joke."

Your earlier posts in this thread were offensive and/or ignorant.

Speaking only for myself, I found your last post to be nothing more than an insult to my intelligence.

Ken
05-16-2009, 02:54 AM
Goloth, your post script didn't appear until after I began typing my last post.

There are so many troubling and contradictory statements written in your "P.S." that I could spend an entire week responding. Just your statement "My own mother used to beat the living hell out of me with the belt with a steel belt buckle on it when I was smaller." is cause for major concern.

I'm a lawyer, not a psychologist. I urge you to see a psychologist. If you don't, I can assure you that you'll eventually need to see a lawyer.

Rick
05-16-2009, 06:10 AM
Okay. I defer to the professionals on here. I have no experience and no dealings with juveniles in detention. I also don't know Goloth or anything about him. You all might be right or not. Either way, I think this thread is getting worse and worse and I really don't see anything of value being added by continuing it.

Goloth - For what it's worth, I took it that you misspoke. Having been called out on it, it would have been nice to have cleared that up right away. Lesson learned, I hope. In a forum environment, where only sterile words are viewed without the benefit of gestures and inflection those words are often open to misinterpretation. When it occurs, the best recourse is to set the record straight. Otherwise we run the risk of threads deteriorating as this one did.

I'm closing this thread so we can drive a stake in the ground and move on.