PDA

View Full Version : I went to a gun show on Saturday

SARKY
05-03-2009, 07:32 PM
I went to a gun show yesterday, the same show I go to every year. This time it was very different.
first: I had to wait in line for 30 min. just to buy a ticket.
second: the doors don't open until 9:00am and people had been lined up since before 8:00am
third: the ammo booth which was a 20 foot b 30 foot rectangle was shoulder to shoulder and 6 people deep trying to buy ammo. People were buying 5000 rounds or more. They were maxing out their credit cards! It was unbelievable.
forth: The NRA members council booth had over 600 people either join or renew memberships in just 3 hours!
Talking to people in line gave me this insight... they are unsure of what is coming(economically and politically). They don't trust this admisistration. They want to be able to protect themselves and their family if there is a collapse of society.
This is merely what I observed.

crashdive123
05-03-2009, 07:35 PM
We get eight to ten gun shows a year in town. My observations have been similar.

lucznik
05-04-2009, 06:52 PM
Yes, the used gun market may become really something interesting in the not-too-distant future.

I give it about a year or so before these people are going to be really feeling the bite of those maxed-out cards and have to start unloading all their new purchases quick and cheap, just to get by.

The current administration has too much they're trying to take on right now and with the economy already in the toilet, there is just no stomach, even among Democrats, to make any real attempt at gun control. Most importantly, Obama wants a second term.

Famine it is right now, but watch and prepare and soon it will likely be Feast!!

Rick
05-04-2009, 07:58 PM
You bet. And the economy will start picking back up. Then it will be time to unload cheap guns. Buy high, sell low. That's my motto!

chiye tanka
05-08-2009, 01:04 AM
SARKY, you hit the nail on the head.
I've got a friend that owns a gun shop. He's been having trouble restocking after shows on EVERYTHING.
His step-son went to a show and bought and sold 2 guns before he ever made it into the building, and made about $150.00 each.
Folks are scared.

nell67
05-08-2009, 07:09 AM
I made a trade a couple of days ago,a Boer doe kid,for a Marlin 22,nice little gun,now I just need to go out and see how well she really shoots.

swampmouse
05-21-2009, 11:47 PM
went to flea market saw a few guns early in morning and gone two hours later. picked up 500 rds 22 $5.00.