PDA

View Full Version : Tap a Tree (video)

erunkiswldrnssurvival
04-29-2009, 04:48 AM
I wanted to compile the pine sap information into one spot. any thing that i havent said in the video i would like to write into this thread for future refrence. the video demonstrates tapping a tree and how to use the pine sap and what to use it on. The torches outlined are the most efficient torches out there (Master woodworkers design From the woods).The tempered mixes (water seal, tool binding,ect...) that i discuss is the only visual reference that i know of,i thought that it may be of use to somebody.
click onto the youtube link in my signature and watch the video"Discovering the power of pine sap"

custom mixtures of resin, stoves and torches are the main subject (pine resin fuel)

crashdive123
04-29-2009, 07:22 AM
Interesting stuff. Thanks.

erunkiswldrnssurvival
04-29-2009, 08:29 AM
its the first fuel, the predecessor to the oil lamps of the Ice age,and probably a prefered fuel even then.the technology that helped change everything. the pine tree is an extreemly useful tree.the needles are full of vitamin c, pine cone seed is edible,spruce sugar(from root bark crushed in a shallow water bowl), heart of pine is full of sap and burns very well,many natural tools come from the pine ,like the burls on the branches make good mallots. and you can split them to make torches.

erunkiswldrnssurvival
04-29-2009, 12:45 PM
the green boughs are good for covering shelters. large bark strips make good shingles. split pine knots and burls are curved enough to make fish hooks.

erunkiswldrnssurvival
04-29-2009, 05:07 PM
I also use pine logs to make arrow and spear straightening tools (the trunk wood seperates from the knots leaving a natural hole that doesnt break open). other curly splits can be used for tools and weapons.pine also has nice colorations that dont fade when the wood is polished to a shine