PDA

View Full Version : Forum Rules

Chris
09-23-2007, 12:09 PM
1. No hate speech. No derogatory comments about someone or a group of people based on sex, race, age, religion, whatever.

2. No personal attacks. If you disagree with someone, refute their statement. Don't call them a village idiot.

3. Private messages are private. Posting them publicly is just being antagonistic.

4. Keep discussion PG-13. If it goes to R rated this website might not be accessible from work places, schools, libraries, and the like.

5. No posting commercial advertisements (aka spamming).

5.a. This includes blatant commercial messages to buy something like knockoff shoes.

5.b. This also includes posting solicitations to get people to visit a website you own, no matter how useful you think they'll find it. Members are allowed to advertise their own businesses or whatever in their signatures, no where else. A solicitation is still a solicitation regardless of what it is for.

Sourdough
03-03-2010, 03:08 PM
1. No hate speech. No derogatory comments about someone or a group of people based on sex, race, age, religion, whatever.

2. No personal attacks. If you disagree with someone, refute their statement. Don't call them a village idiot.

3. Private messages are private. Posting them publicly is just being antagonistic.

4. Keep discussion PG-13. If it goes to R rated this website might not be accessible from work places, schools, libraries, and the like.

5. No posting commercial advertisements (aka spamming).

5.a. This includes blatant commercial messages to buy something like knockoff shoes.

5.b. This also includes posting solicitations to get people to visit a website you own, no matter how useful you think they'll find it. Members are allowed to advertise their own businesses or whatever in their signatures, no where else. A solicitation is still a solicitation regardless of what it is for.

I was doing a search about the security of Private Messages, and found this, thought it could use some fresh air........so I bumped it......:winkiss:

Rick
03-03-2010, 04:42 PM
We do try to manage posts to that level. I haven't seen many PMs posted, for example, but the few that I have seen I've removed for that very reason.

theswimmer
01-09-2011, 02:35 PM
Sorry I missed it.
Maybe instead of in the PM rules we could include in the general rules for posting.
Once again my bad for missing it non the less.

Rick
01-09-2011, 02:41 PM
No harm no foul. It just helps keep down the spammers. If someone misses the rule we usually just correct and advise.