PDA

View Full Version : Why?

hoosierarcher
04-17-2009, 09:18 PM
I am often called HoosierRANCHER in replies to my posts. I wonder why as my nickname is HoosierARCHER, as in a guy from Indiana that shoots a bow and arrows. Is it just a miss read or is it to point out someone thinks I'm all hat and no cattle or vice versa?

crashdive123
04-17-2009, 09:22 PM
I'll have you know young man that I got it right in this thread. http://www.wilderness-survival.net/forums/showthread.php?t=6620 Just be glad it's not hoosierdaddy.

Ken
04-17-2009, 09:23 PM
They're only trying to upset you. I say, "LET'S SUE 'EM!"

Rick
04-17-2009, 09:27 PM
Well, on my part, it's this cheap keyboard I have. I wish I had spent a bit more money and bought one that didn't have all the spelling errors built in.

Ken
04-17-2009, 09:29 PM
Well, on my part, it's this cheap keyboard I have. I wish I had spent a bit more money and bought one that didn't have all the spelling errors built in.

Who manufactured it? Who distributed it? Who retailed it? Who wrote up the ads? Who published the ads? I say, "LET'S SUE 'EM ALL!"

Rick
04-17-2009, 09:30 PM
Did anyone else hear an ambulance siren?

Ken
04-17-2009, 09:31 PM
Did anyone else hear an ambulance siren?

Yep. And my ears are still ringing. Guess what I'm gonna' do?

MatthewnOK
04-17-2009, 09:53 PM
Between your suing and my panic attacking we may survive TEOTWAWKI (unless government spies or zombies are involved...)

hoosierarcher
04-17-2009, 09:59 PM
Actually been thinking of changing to my childhood/young adult nickname. Speaking of changing things. How can I change my avatar? I have a new one I want to use.

crashdive123
04-17-2009, 10:04 PM
Actually been thinking of changing to my childhood/young adult nickname. Speaking of changing things. How can I change my avatar? I have a new one I want to use.

Click on User CP (left side of tool bar at top). On the menu that runs vertically on the left side, select edit avatar.

hoosierarcher
04-17-2009, 10:21 PM
Thanks Crash. How do you like the new avatar?

Ken
04-17-2009, 11:31 PM
How do you like the new avatar?

I know I recognize that face from somewhere.........:innocent:

tennecedar
04-17-2009, 11:48 PM

Somebody's gonna cry bout it, ya know?:angermanagement:

All the more reason to keep it. :yes:

To me it's the same thing as linking to political news articles. No body says anything bout those.

crashdive123
04-17-2009, 11:48 PM

Since you asked - I don't particularly care for any avatar that is making a political statement, especially here on this forum.

You did ask.

Blood Groove
04-18-2009, 12:02 AM
I've got to admit when I just read your name for the first time I thought it was rancher too. That is until I read what this whole thread is about. I dont' know that's weird. I mean I'm personally a little dislexic (if that's how you spell it) so there's my excuse.

Ole WV Coot
04-18-2009, 12:06 AM
I can read reading but I have trouble reading writing, so sorry if I did my usual and got it wrong. Rick & I got a great deal on these Chinese keyboards.

Rick
04-18-2009, 06:34 AM
The big problem with the Chinese keyboard is they write up and down instead of across. Remember to turn them sideways so they write across the page like this. A bit harder to type but easier to read. Except for the spelng rrors.

MatthewnOK
04-18-2009, 10:41 AM
The big problem with the Chinese keyboard is they write up and down instead of across. Remember to turn them sideways so they write across the page like this. A bit harder to type but easier to read. Except for the spelng rrors.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v64/kingmog/sidewiderset.jpg
Maybe something like the sidewinder could help you. Only costs around 80$ without the mouse :):innocent::art:

Rick
04-18-2009, 11:34 AM
That would never do. I'm sure all of the spelling errors have been purged from that keyboard. Besides, it's made by Microsoft. You probably have to shake all the words out of it after you get done typing.

hoosierarcher
04-18-2009, 12:16 PM
Well now just to be clear the only political message I want to send with the new avatar is it isn't my fault. I didn't vote for him.

Alpine_Sapper
04-18-2009, 01:01 PM
That would never do. I'm sure all of the spelling errors have been purged from that keyboard. Besides, it's made by Microsoft. You probably have to shake all the words out of it after you get done typing.

Yes, and frequent reboots are required if the "enter" key stops working, or if there is a firmware update of any kind. For any other problems encountered, please attempt a reboot as the first step in troubleshooting. This generally resolves the issue. :phone:

Alpine_Sapper
04-18-2009, 01:05 PM
Well now just to be clear the only political message I want to send with the new avatar is it isn't my fault. I didn't vote for him.

lol. Not that I care about the political statement one way or the other, I just wish you'd pick something else so I don't have to look at the south end of a north bound donkey every time you post. Just my .02.

Blood Groove
04-18-2009, 04:50 PM
I've got to say, I approve of the avatar.

Rick
04-18-2009, 06:31 PM
Did you vote for him?
Who? Me? No way.
Did you?
Nope
Did you?
No
How about you?
Heavens no.

Why is it that 31 days post any election no one ever confesses to having voted for "the bum du jour"? By the way, not me. Are you kidding?