PDA

View Full Version : ABC rigged gun control experiment?

Alpine_Sapper
04-17-2009, 02:01 PM
Interesting read;

http://foxforum.blogs.foxnews.com/2009/04/15/lott__gun_control_experiment_rigged/

Alpine_Sapper
04-17-2009, 02:24 PM
Yep...pretty much what we said here...

http://www.wilderness-survival.net/forums/showthread.php?t=6524

Whoops. Somehow I missed those comments. lol. I did see this one from wareagle though;

"you must admit the part with the classroom scenarios was true to fact. "

Chris
04-17-2009, 04:19 PM
strawman argument as professional journalism...

Alpine_Sapper
04-17-2009, 06:03 PM
strawman argument as professional journalism...

I learned a new term today. Thanks.

Pict
04-17-2009, 09:28 PM
I didn't need to watch it. I look at it this way. The likelihood of me being caught in an active shooter situation is low and that is good. The likelihood of me being able to return fire in an active shooter situation is close to 100%, and that is also good. Most active shooters fold up shop on the first sign of strong resistance. I intend to give them plenty of it. Mac

Chris
04-17-2009, 09:52 PM
I learned a new term today. Thanks.
Its a good word. Pretty much describes the whole lefty illegal immigration attacks.

Dude: I am against illegal immigration.

Idiot: You're a racist who hates people of color.

Dude: No, actually, I just don't like people walking over our borders carrying god knows what to god knows whom. It is a national security issue and the color of the people's skin has nothing to do with it.

idiot: Racist racist bah bah baaaah!

Or... the whole free market thing.

Dude: I'm for free markets.

Idiot: You want to support those wallstreet fat cats, greed, capitalism, bah bah bah!

Dude: No, actually, in a free market failing businesses would be allowed to fail.

Idiot: So you want to support big greedy worker-hating corporations

Dude: No, I said I support free markets these are markets where there is enough freedom for new businesses to be started and take on old existing inefficient corporations and beat them. In truth, a free market is a big stodgy corporation's worst enemy, they love government interventionism because they can use it to keep competition down.

Idiot: Rah Rah Rah I'ma gunna throw rocks at you!

Or voter fraud..

Dude: We should require voter ID, we require ID to buy liquor, and cigarettes, to get a library book or rent a movie, why not to vote?

Idiot: You're raaaacist! You just want to disenfranchise minorities.

Dude: I never said we should give IDs out to anyone who wants them, make it an easy process and whatnot. Practically everyone over 16 has a driver's license, how is this different? What this does do, is stop any potential voter fraud (aka chicago style politics).

Idiot: You're a raacist, you know minorities are too stupid to get an ID.

Dude: Wait... I'm the racist?

..... and so on and so forth. Lots of strawmen out there. Of course, a lot of that is ad hominem too.