04-13-2009, 07:00 PM
What will it be mounted on?

Ken
04-13-2009, 07:05 PM
What will it be mounted on?

A firearm???????

crashdive123
04-13-2009, 07:06 PM
Well yeah. But then again, it could be on the ever popular Rambo Super Deer Slayer Deluxe.

Ken
04-13-2009, 07:11 PM
Okay, so I Google Image Search "Rambo Super Deerslayer Deluxe" and what comes up? Sarge's avitar and Trax's avitar.

http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-ContextMenu&ei=OsbjSYTCJqKHmQfhlYXeBw&resnum=0&q=Rambo%20Super%20Deerslayer%20Deluxe&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wi

Time to log-off now ........

crashdive123
04-13-2009, 07:23 PM
Well…..here ya go. The infamous Rambo Super Deer Slayer Deluxe with Laser/Holo Sight/Scope/Tac Light.

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii67/crashdive123/RamboKnife002.jpg

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii67/crashdive123/RamboKnife001.jpg

Ken
04-13-2009, 07:28 PM
Crash, is your wood paneling pickled oak?

Pal334
04-13-2009, 07:41 PM
Crash,, is that commercialy available? Be a great stocking stuffer for the person who has everything. :)

crashdive123
04-13-2009, 07:55 PM
Crash, is your wood paneling pickled oak?

Some kind of oak, but not paneling. It's an armoire.

crashdive123
04-13-2009, 07:57 PM
Do i really have to answer that ?

No, not at all. Good luck with the answer that you seek.

Rick
04-13-2009, 08:09 PM
I thought everyone knew what the Rambo Super Deer Slayer Deluxe with Laser/Holo Sight/Scope/Tac Light was.

Remy, armoire is French. And you didn't have an option for Cabela. I don't use either.

SARKY
04-14-2009, 12:47 AM
I am going to make an assumption that you want to mount either of these on a carbine length firearm??? If so and if it has a front sight the eotech is the better choice as you can more easilly use the front sight as a co-witness with the eotech. The eotech also has the center red dot and a larger outter ring, where as the aimpoint only has the center red dot.

chiye tanka
04-14-2009, 10:14 AM
I use Eotech on my AR. Never used an Aimpoint, so I can't say I wouldn't use it.

Watcherman
04-14-2009, 10:57 AM
I have owned and tried both. If you are using a flip up type back up sight, the EOTECH is the way to go. Aimpoint makes fine sights, but I found it easier to use the rear sights with the EOTECH because the viewing area on an EOTECH is greater. Also, My EOTECH uses AA batteries, whereas all Aimpoints I have seen, use some sort of watch/camera type batteries. I can buy a bunch of AA's for what a battery for an Aimpoint costs.

They are both very reliable, dependable, and durable. I don't know what you are mounting it on. I am assuming a carbine type rifle. In my opinion, you will probably be happier with EOTECH.

Oh, and BTW, EOTECH has a built in mount. Aimpoint sights do not. At least in my experience, they don't. I had to research and purchase mounting hardware for the Aimpoint I had mounted on a rifle. It depends on the rifle set up as to which mounting hardware you will need. And it's not cheap to buy the hardware either. Long story short, I sold the Aimpoint.

Hope that helps

Sourdough
04-14-2009, 10:59 AM
Anything that takes batteries gives me the willies. The Sig Sauer P-556 came with a mini Red-Dot. What is interesting, is turned-Off it functions as a Ghost-Ring.

Sourdough
04-14-2009, 12:49 PM
Remy, One thing to remember is neither one helps clarify the target, that is to say in very low light, or near dark, they do not enhance the target for identification, or shot placement. This is why I keep coming back to the low magnification scope, with German # 4 reticle.

As it gets dark at night I keep checking which piece of equipment, will allow for the last possible shot, in the least light, and still see the target and the reticle. I keep trying to find something Goooder than the Leupold European 30MM 1.25X by 4X with the German # 4 reticle. The plus is NO batteries, and instant target acquisition in broad daylight.

Sourdough
04-14-2009, 07:46 PM
Hmmmm

How much are those scopes ?

Have you ever tried the Eotech or the Aimpoint ?

The scope I described is about $375.00 maybe $400.00

I have tried Holograph and Red-Dot, They are best for quick center of mass target acquisition. If there were 10 Grapefruits at 100 yards, the scope on about 3X to 4X will work gooder, 10 pumpkin's it would be a toss-up, with the edge going to the Red-Dot (Aimpoint). I am not pushing the scope, I just feel you should look through one, once.
Look it up on Google, it is the 30MM tube and the German #4 that makes it work for me, But I am more center of Grizzly closing at 30 MPH application.

Rick
04-14-2009, 07:57 PM
But I am more center of Grizzly closing at 30 MPH application.

Then I would hope that I'm more ATV fleeing at 35 MPH.

SARKY
04-14-2009, 11:28 PM
Both the eotech and the aimpoint have 2x and or 3x multipliers avilable to increase their usefulness at distance.

Sourdough
04-15-2009, 12:33 AM
Both the eotech and the aimpoint have 2x and or 3x multipliers avilable to increase their usefulness at distance.

Yes, and the downside is you loose more light on the target, because you are now looking through an additional instrument, so that you have multi optic instruments on the firearm., mounted in-line.

This type of set-up works O.K. if you are patrolling the streets of a city, and at the end of your patrol shift you go back to the base, and clean your firearm and change the batteries.

This set-up would not do well where the firearm is in rough environment with mud, being dropped, forward battlefield with no batteries, etc.

I have been looking at that Trijicon model that does not need batteries.

Paul
05-01-2009, 08:36 AM
With Aimpoint red dot sights you will not need to change batteries every day. Aimpoints technology allows most of their sights 50,000 hours of service life of a battery. That is 8 years. In reality you can turn it on and leave it on day and night so that it is there when you need it, immediately.

Rick
05-01-2009, 08:56 AM
Paul - It violates forum rules to put your URL in your post. That keeps people, well, like you, from coming on here just to sell their gizmos. That's called SPAM. You can put it in your signature if you want.

Why not aim for the Introductions section and tell us a bit about yourself.

http://www.wilderness-survival.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14

Ooh. And don't forget to take a gander at the rules. Might save some unnecessary unpleasantness in the future.

http://www.wilderness-survival.net/forums/showthread.php?t=6074