PDA

View Full Version : First Poster of Guns and Ammo Forum

Rick
04-12-2009, 12:08 PM
I'm just posting so the new forum is bumped to the top.

Sourdough
04-12-2009, 12:10 PM
Woopie, WOW.....Woopie.

Ken
04-12-2009, 12:18 PM
Neat!

Here's a gun pic for you. This is an AK seized from Somali pirates.

For the life of me, I can't understand why they don't arm merchant vessels - none of the reasons I've read so far pass my common sense test.

Sourdough
04-12-2009, 12:50 PM
For the life of me, I can't understand why they don't arm merchant vessels - none of the reasons I've read so far pass my common sense test.

It would be good employment for people like myself, in the winter months only. Hell, I would do it for room and board, and to avoid shoveling snow, and falling on my butt....:) "HAVE GUN, WILL TRAVEL" yea, it was before most of you were born.

crashdive123
04-12-2009, 01:57 PM
Paladin was da man.

Sourdough
04-12-2009, 02:44 PM
Paladin was da man.

Did you know that Richard Boone joined the Navy in 1941, and was in action three times, in the South Pacific, during WWII.

crashdive123
04-12-2009, 02:47 PM
Not any specifics. A lot of the Hollywood types took time out from their careers (just like the rest of the country) and served. I doubt we will ever see too much of that happening ever again.

Ole WV Coot
04-12-2009, 06:01 PM
Did you know that Richard Boone joined the Navy in 1941, and was in action three times, in the South Pacific, during WWII.

Lee Marvin-decorated, wounded in Pacific, Capt. Kangaroo - was with Lee Marvin also decorated, Mr. Rodgers - SEAL during Nam, 25 confirmed kills and probably others back when fighting for the USA wasn't a dirty phrase.

Rick
04-12-2009, 06:10 PM
Lee Marvin-decorated, wounded in Pacific, Capt. Kangaroo - was with Lee Marvin also decorated, Mr. Rodgers - SEAL during Nam, 25 confirmed kills and probably others back when fighting for the USA wasn't a dirty phrase.

Sorry, urban legend. The Kangaroo man never saw action. He enlisted at the end of the war to late to see any action. Mr. Rogers was urban legend too. Several actually. Never served. Marvin did serve and got shot in the ..... end of story.

http://www.snopes.com/military/marvin.asp

http://www.snopes.com/radiotv/tv/mrrogers.asp

A lot of the Hollywood types took time out from their careers (just like the rest of the country) and served. I doubt we will ever see too much of that happening ever again.

Let's hope there is never a reason too.

Ken
04-12-2009, 06:16 PM
Not any specifics. A lot of the Hollywood types took time out from their careers (just like the rest of the country) and served. I doubt we will ever see too much of that happening ever again.

Not a "Hollywood Type," but still .........

Ex-NFL Star Tillman makes ‘Ultimate Sacrifice’

Safety, who gave up big salary to join Army, killed in Afghanistan.

Rick
04-12-2009, 06:18 PM
I think his picture SHOULD be in the dictionary next to the word HERO. About as close to a real life John Wayne as there ever will be.

RBB
04-13-2009, 03:30 PM
Sorry, urban legend. The Kangaroo man never saw action. He enlisted at the end of the war to late to see any action. Mr. Rogers was urban legend too. Several actually. Never served. Marvin did serve and got shot in the ..... end of story.

http://www.snopes.com/military/marvin.asp

http://www.snopes.com/radiotv/tv/mrrogers.asp

Let's hope there is never a reason too.

Jimmy Stewart is my favorite in this category - especially his humility concerning his service.

mountain mama
04-13-2009, 04:34 PM
*mumbles to self* so there's a gun forum, but not a knife forum....i knew i wasn't crazy!

crashdive123
04-13-2009, 06:05 PM
*mumbles to self* so there's a gun forum, but not a knife forum....i knew i wasn't crazy!

Yeah, but we've got a social group called Knife Nutz. The gun folks got jealous.

Rick
04-13-2009, 08:20 PM
I'm drawing up some signs as we speak. Demonstrations are forth coming. I say we march on Washington! No, wait. Chris doesn't live in Washington. I'll get back to you.

Alpine_Sapper
04-14-2009, 11:29 AM
http://wiw.org/~jess/wp-content/uploads/2007/07/texan1.gif

WillDeerborn
05-02-2009, 08:36 PM
One person I'd hate to piss of is....Dr. Ruth... Trained sniper for the Israeli Military...And them folks have warfare down to an art( They been doin' it long enough_)

WillDeerborn
05-02-2009, 08:37 PM
Let's start a Knife Forum then

crashdive123
05-02-2009, 09:00 PM
Not sure what you're saying WillDeerborn, but maybe if you go to the Introduction section and tell us about yourself, I'll be able to figure it out. http://www.wilderness-survival.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14

WillDeerborn
05-03-2009, 11:50 AM
I was just meaning Knife tactics (Survival depends on not only uses for Huntin' Guttin etc...It also deals with offensive and defensive uses as well) and the like...

Goloth
05-13-2009, 01:38 PM
Not a "Hollywood Type," but still .........

Ex-NFL Star Tillman makes ‘Ultimate Sacrifice’

Safety, who gave up big salary to join Army, killed in Afghanistan.

Yeah, dude totally gave it up and then got killed by friendly fire.

I know it's a touchy subject for some, but I heard some rumors that may or may not be true that he was badmouthing the war - after he had been there for a while. So some of our own guys shot him. - Friendly fire was the cause of death according to the news, so it would sort of fit in, but a man who gave up his football career for that I don't think he'd badmouth it. - oh! here's another quote... Friendly fire, Isn't friendly.

crashdive123
05-13-2009, 04:08 PM
You know Goloth - I feel compelled to respond. When discussing the death of military personnel you may want to refrain from using the expression lol. Also, don't believe all of the rumors you hear.

Goloth
05-13-2009, 04:14 PM
You know Goloth - I feel compelled to respond. When discussing the death of military personnel you may want to refrain from using the expression lol. Also, don't believe all of the rumors you hear.

Sorry to offend you crash, I didn't mean it in an offensive way. I haven't decided whether I want to join the military yet myself, so don't worry, it's not like I'm against it or anything, and as I said in the post - it may or may not be true - the fact of the matter is, things like that happen all the time and we don't hear a thing about it, so I just thought I'd put in my two cents is all. As you know already I'm from AZ, and I'm a pretty big Cardinals fan... unfortunately. So I'm very well aware of the circumstances surrounding the Tillman death.

Ken
05-13-2009, 04:15 PM
Can I chime in? I don't deal in rumors, I deal in facts. I also do a pretty good job of knowing fact from fiction. Rumors are statements for which nobody will claim authorship. I know for a fact that rumors are generally dead wrong, and usually cause irreparible harm to honorable and innocent people. That's why I never believe them when I hear them. That's why I don't spread them, either.