PDA

View Full Version : Sgt. Safari Test

biddysere
04-08-2009, 01:38 PM
The Sgt. Safari test needs to be re-vamped. Half of the questions are either all of them are right and some are just wrong. Example; I always use softwood spindles (yucca) for the bow drill fire. I got that one wrong. And I never use a sharp rock for making a flintknife. If it is sharp, I'll grind it down first.

Rick
04-08-2009, 04:02 PM
Half of the questions are either all of them are right and some are just wrong.

I'll go work on the math portion of it first.

Chris
04-08-2009, 04:11 PM
There are a lot of opinions out there, the test covers what is covered on the main part of this site. Ie, its a reading comprehension test assuming you read the site, not a survival test.

doug1980
04-08-2009, 04:14 PM
Yeah when I first registered here I bombed the test. After being here for a few months I decided to take it again and did very well. So I guess I've learned a few things.

SARKY
04-08-2009, 05:01 PM
The Sgt. Safari test needs to be re-vamped. Half of the questions are either all of them are right and some are just wrong. Example; I always use softwood spindles (yucca) for the bow drill fire. I got that one wrong. And I never use a sharp rock for making a flintknife. If it is sharp, I'll grind it down first.

I use a hard wood spindle and a softwood board, that's why I have multiple notches in my board. I'll have to try it the other way around and see if that works any better.