PDA

View Full Version : Is New York Prepared

Rick
04-07-2009, 11:13 PM
This article is 4 years old but it is excellent. While it looks at New York City's capability, you can use the same type of planning for youself and your family.

One of the refreshing things I've seen over and over on this forum is the fact that folks prepare for whatever might happen rather than one or two events they think will most likely occur.

I urge you to read through this article. It's quite good.

http://nymag.com/nymetro/news/features/14984/

crashdive123
04-08-2009, 06:48 AM
Very interesting article. Thanks.

wareagle69
04-12-2009, 08:16 AM
naw new york will never win the world series again after the d-backs spanked them in 2001 they--what oh you weren't talking baseball?hmm thats interesting its april and you wasn't thinking about the great american pastime, excuse me while i finish my apple pie and call me mudder

Rick
04-12-2009, 08:25 AM
Okay, I guess. You're mudder. (That was weird).

wareagle69
04-12-2009, 08:32 AM
that was my accent coming thru. mudder(mother) you know as in baseball is as american as mom and apple pie, sheesh where you from anyways, must be a communist ifn ya don't know that one

Rick
04-12-2009, 08:52 AM
You said, "Call me mudder" so I called you mudder. (shrug)

Ole WV Coot
04-12-2009, 04:38 PM
I haven't been in a city South of Portland, ME that the people didn't panic if the street drains backed up during a heavy rain or 1/2" of snow grinds them to a halt. NYC can't handle their everyday problems. Neither can DC or Baltimore. I have seen people panic and leave their cars in the streets and head for a tall building if 6" of water was in the street, same thing the day Pres Kennedy was assassinated. Along with the panic & snow auto were abandoned especially streets leading out of DC.