PDA

View Full Version : help me improve

raider
04-05-2009, 06:17 PM
I'll be attending a survival school in the next week or so, and would like some ideas. I've attended similar schools in the past, and this time I really want to focus on food procurement, foraging, trapping, etc. In the past I've only ate the very basic foods, berries, maypops, a snake or two, and want to expand my skills.

A little about the situation:

Southeast US
No firearms, but will have a knife
I'll have snare-wire
para-cord
Very little time to set and tend traps.
Water purification tablets, water won't be an issue given the environment

Just curious what other techniques are out there. I'm a hoosier by birth, hunted a lot, trapped some, but always had at least a .22 when I went to the woods. I really want to expand my knowledge especially when it comes to foraging greens, bugs, and survival trapping. thanks for the help.

Rick
04-05-2009, 06:21 PM
I guess the biggest question is what is the focus of the survival school? How about foraging your way to the introduction section and tell us a bit about yourself?

http://www.wilderness-survival.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14

tennecedar
04-05-2009, 06:23 PM
Hey Raider, Please tell us about yourself in the introductions section. Age, experience, general location, etc. I'd be glad to offer what I can to help you.

crashdive123
04-05-2009, 06:47 PM
...and as Rick said, since you will be attending a survival school it really only matters what the school you are attending will focus on.

tennecedar
04-05-2009, 06:59 PM
A little about the situation:

Southeast US
No firearms, but will have a knife
I'll have snare-wire
para-cord
Very little time to set and tend traps.
Water purification tablets, water won't be an issue given the environment

Southeast covers a large area. You talking the Smoky's or Florida everglades? Terrain and weather are going to be an important factor. Southern Alabama and Georgia are alot different than say Kentucky or Virginia this time of year.