PDA

View Full Version : Blackmailed Intro

lucznik
03-31-2009, 11:58 PM
...you will probably find that 440 stainless and flint do not do a good job at making a spark.

Why do you think this? I have a few different knives of 440 stainless. I have experienced no problem getting a nice shower of sparks from them and a FireSteel.

Make you a deal. You go to the introduction section and tell us a little about yourself - wilderness experience, general age, general location, etc. and I'll answer your question.

Crash decided to blackmail me with knowledge for the mere price of an introduction and since the answer to my question is just gnawing at me, I guess I have to comply... ("resistance is futile!")

As I imagine many of the people on this forum would relate to I spent most of my formative years spending as much time in the outdoors as physically possible. I, of course, did my requisite stints in the Cub and Boy Scouts. My dad started me shooting at the age of 3 and hunting naturally followed as soon as I was old/big enough to hold a rifle on my own. That was around 6. I had to wait until I was 14 to hunt big game on my own license but, before then I made sure I went every year to be a part of the experience. Since turning 14 I have only missed one hunting season. That was when I was 20 years old and I was in Poland serving a mission for my Church. Now at 37 my year consists of two basic seasons; Hunting Season and Preparing for Hunting Season.

Growing up my grandparents, who lived in Sacramento, CA would come and pick up my siblings (I am the 2nd of 8 children) and take us to their home (we lived in Utah) for anywhere from 4-8 weeks. My parents did not come. That was our vacation away from them and their vacation away from us.
During that time, we spent a minimum of half our annual stay camping. My Granny and Grampy didn't really believe in lots of supervision. Grampy would make all the kids slingshots, ensure we had fishing gear and a good pocketknife, and then pretty much just set us loose. Looking back, I'm not sure just how we survived some of the things we tried without even any serious injuries occurring. To me, it is proof positive that the Lord lives and watches over us.

Now at the age of 37 I still live for the outdoors. I hunt, fish, hike, camp, etc. as much as humanly possible. I live in South Western Wyoming which is like handing out free heroin to an addict. Did you know that there are literally more antelope in Wyoming than there are people? I have a wife who supports my obsessions and also 3 children of my own, two sons and a daughter, all of whom are well on the way of following their daddy's footsteps in loving every possible moment that can be spent outdoors. Heaven on Earth, literally.

Rick
04-01-2009, 12:02 AM
Welcome home. Blackmailed intros are the best.

Gray Wolf
04-01-2009, 01:41 AM
Blackmailing works well, better than the bullying did.

Sourdough
04-01-2009, 05:30 AM
Great intro, thanks. Welcome from Alaska.

nell67
04-01-2009, 06:06 AM
Welcome to the forum!

crashdive123
04-01-2009, 07:30 AM
Very nice intro. Hello and welcome. My answer awaits you in the kife thread.

az51
04-01-2009, 11:20 AM
Welcome from Az. You're right...Wyoming is beautiful country!!

tennecedar
04-01-2009, 11:33 AM
Welcome to the forums.

RunsWithDeer
04-01-2009, 11:53 AM
Welcome, everyone needs to do a nice introduction, yours was a good one.

MatthewnOK
04-01-2009, 11:58 AM
Hello, hello, hello! Welcome to the forum!

Runs With Beer
04-01-2009, 05:37 PM
Very nice intro. Hello and welcome. My answer awaits you in the kife thread.

Whats a Kife?

Runs With Beer
04-01-2009, 05:38 PM
Welcome from Fla.

crashdive123
04-01-2009, 05:39 PM
Whats a Kife?

You don't know?!?!? Ha - silly boy! *walks away thumbing through dictionary, muttering under his breath*

Arsey
04-01-2009, 07:32 PM
You don't know?!?!? Ha - silly boy! *walks away thumbing through dictionary, muttering under his breath*

ROFL

Hi from Australia.

Ken
04-01-2009, 07:33 PM
Welcome to the Forums!

Sarge47
04-01-2009, 08:01 PM
Ya call THAT an intro?:sneaky2: No siree, I call it a novel! Oh, BTW, welcome aboard. Good job on sucking him in, Crash!:innocent:

lucznik
04-02-2009, 11:24 PM
Ya call THAT an intro?:sneaky2: No siree, I call it a novel! Oh, BTW, welcome aboard. Good job on sucking him in, Crash!:innocent:You don't want to see me write a "novel." Trust me.:innocent:

chiye tanka
04-04-2009, 09:00 AM
Aho mitakuye oyasin, and welcome aboard.