PDA

View Full Version : Dinner tonight SOS

Beans
03-26-2009, 10:06 PM
I got hooked on SOS while in the USMC and I still fix it once in awhile.

1 pound ground beef
1 1/2 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 cup beef broth
2/3 cup of 2% milk
garlic, salt and pepper to taste

Served tonight over San Fransico Sourdough toast.

Sometime I will make some flakey bisquits instead of using toast.

It sticks to your ribs, Don't you know

Rick
03-26-2009, 10:07 PM
I'm the same. It stays will be for a few days so I only eat it every once in a while but it sure is good.

crashdive123
03-26-2009, 10:11 PM
I love SOS. That and biscuits and gravy.

laughing beetle
03-26-2009, 10:15 PM
Baking powder biscuits with sausage gravy... YUM!

Ken
03-26-2009, 10:23 PM
I make mine with pretty much the same recipe except I use thinly shaved steak. I broil my toast. Mmmmm. With peas and mashed potatos. It's one of the few things I'll eat potatos with. Not much of a potato fan - I don't even put 'em in my chowders or stews. And my mashed potatos are ALWAYS the instant kind - sorry, I prefer it over the "real" kind. I'll have french fries or baked once in a great while, but I almost always go with rice or pasta instead. But anything with gravy - mashed potatos is a must.

tennecedar
03-27-2009, 09:38 AM
Corned beef hash on Texas toast smothered in whole milk gravy. Just got done eating.

RBB
03-27-2009, 01:04 PM
After reading this - I may have to have bread and gravy for breakfast.

Recipe:

Fry bacon or sausage. Remove same leaving grease. Dust grease with flour - about a table spoon or less. Add two pinches of salt and a pinch of pepper. Stir until flour and grease commingle. Add about a cup of milk and heat until it boils. Stir for one minute and remove from heat.

For bread, I make a crusty European bread. The recipe is my grandmothers and had its origin in Norway in the 1800s.

crashdive123
03-27-2009, 01:08 PM
For bread, I make a crusty European bread. The recipe is my grandmothers and had its origin in Norway in the 1800s.Recipe?:chef:

RBB
03-28-2009, 11:50 AM
Recipe?:chef:

I was going to put it up - only to find my wife has lent it to a friend. I called the friend and strongly hinted she needs to get it back NOW!

Why didn't my wife copy it down on one of the 100 or so blank cards we have specifically for the purpose of jotting down recipes?

"I was in a hurry!" She says.

tennecedar
03-28-2009, 11:58 AM

That's exactly what my wife said when I saw her using a steak knife as a screwdriver.

crashdive123
03-28-2009, 12:54 PM
I was going to put it up - only to find my wife has lent it to a friend. I called the friend and strongly hinted she needs to get it back NOW!

Why didn't my wife copy it down on one of the 100 or so blank cards we have specifically for the purpose of jotting down recipes?

*walks away from forum pouting*