PDA

View Full Version : Wilderness Survival or Urban Survival?

Ken
03-26-2009, 06:06 PM
Thursday March 26, 2009 Cape Cod Online

By ASSOCIATED PRESS
March 26, 2009

COTTONWOOD, Ariz - A bobcat has attacked three people in the central Arizona community of Cottonwood, including two men who were bitten by the animal after it wandered inside a bar.

Officers called to the Chapparal Bar arrived to find the bobcat in the parking lot, where they shot and killed it.

Tests were ordered to determine if the animal was rabid. It wasn't clear how seriously the victims had been wounded.

Cottonwood police say the animal attacked Monday when it scratched a woman who thought she had hit it with her car. Then police got a report of a bobcat acting aggressively toward a woman outside a Pizza Hut.

About 11 p.m. came the call from the bar that a bobcat was inside as patrons climbed atop bar stools to get away.

---

Information from: KVRD-FM, http://www.myradioplace.com/

trax
03-26-2009, 06:08 PM
Man, what's a cat gotta do to get a drink around here?

tennecedar
03-26-2009, 06:20 PM
About 11 p.m. came the call from the bar that a bobcat was inside as patrons climbed atop bar stools to get away[/I]

To get AWAY? From a bobcat? lol

trax
03-26-2009, 06:25 PM
Good thing that bar didn't call and say there was a cougar inside at 11 pm, the police dispatcher would've said, "well no kidding" and hung up on them. But that's probably where some of the patrons got the idea of climbing up on barstools to escape,:drunk:

crashdive123
03-26-2009, 06:26 PM
A bobcat walked into a bar and sat down. He banged on the bar with his paw and demanded a beer.
The bartender approached and said, "We don't serve beer to bobcats in bars in Cottonwood, Arizona."
The bobcat, becoming angry, once again demanded a beer.
The bartender again told him, "We don't serve beer to bobcats in bars in Cottonwood, Arizona."
The bobcat, very angry now, said, "If you don't serve me a beer, I'm going to eat that lady sitting at the end of the bar."
The bartender once again said, "Sorry, we don't serve beer to bobcats in bars in Cottonwood, Arizona."
The bobcat went to the end of the bar and, as he had promised, ate the woman. He came back to his seat, and again demanded a beer.
The bartender said, "Sorry, we don't serve beer to bobcats in bars in Cottonwood, Arizona, that are on drugs."
The bobcat said, " I'm not on drugs."
The bartender said, "Yes you are. That was a bar bi**h you ate."

crashdive123
03-26-2009, 06:27 PM
Good thing that bar didn't call and say there was a cougar inside at 11 pm, the police dispatcher would've said, "well no kidding" and hung up on them. But that's probably where some of the patrons got the idea of climbing up on barstools to escape,:drunk:

Now that there's funny. I don't care who you are.