PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone here tried venison - bacon burgers?

Swamprat1958
03-17-2009, 10:48 AM
I ground 5 lbs. of bacon for every 20 lbs. venison and made hamburger patties with it. My kids have instantly changed from someone who could eat venison burgers or chili, to asking for it regularly. At the rate we are going it looks like I will have to kill at least 3 or 4 deer/year to meet the demand for venison-bacon burgers.

Stargazer
03-17-2009, 11:10 AM
swamp..When my daughter was younger that was the only way I could get her to try it.She loved it.Now when ever i get my hands on any she wants me to make my special burgers with it..Got to love kids.

Ken
03-17-2009, 11:10 AM
I ground 5 lbs. of bacon for every 20 lbs. venison and made hamburger patties with it. My kids have instantly changed from someone who could eat venison burgers or chili, to asking for it regularly. At the rate we are going it looks like I will have to kill at least 3 or 4 deer/year to meet the demand for venison-bacon burgers.

Mental Note: Try this the next time I get my hands on some venison. Just used my last package in some chili. :tongue_smilie:

Swamprat1958
03-17-2009, 02:30 PM
Ken, if you want to make the burgers take the time to make patties and place them between sheets of wax paper. Then put them in the freezer, once they are frozen you can separate them and place them in Ziploc bags or in vacuum packed seal-a-meal bags. Then you can take them out and put them on the grill anytime you want one.

Mountaintrekker
03-17-2009, 07:34 PM
We throw in a 5 pound Jimmy Dean breakfast sausage through the grinder for every 30 to 40 pounds of venison. MMMMMM!!

red lake
03-17-2009, 08:11 PM
The neighbour gave us some venison sausages that had apple in them. Some of he best sausages I have ever had.