PDA

View Full Version : Sea Salt

Ken
03-12-2009, 12:06 AM
Here's a good link on harvesting sea salt.

http://www.ehow.com/how_2125319_harvest-sea-salt.html

Once dried, it can be use for cooking, preserving, or melting ice on your sidewalks.

Crash - icy sidewalks result when precipitation freezes. :) Something you Floridians never see with the frequency many of us northerners wish upon you. :lol:(Yeah, I'm jealous of your weather) :angermanagement: :cold:

Stargazer
03-12-2009, 12:33 AM
Do you suppose you would have to wory about any kind of polution if you plan on cooking with it?.I'm thinking about PCB's,expecialy in our area.

Ken
03-12-2009, 12:38 AM
Do you suppose you would have to wory about any kind of polution if you plan on cooking with it?.I'm thinking about PCB's,expecialy in our area.

I scooped some off of Gooseberry a couple of years back. I'm still alive, and the luminous green glow from my skin saves alot of batteries. :tongue_smilie:

Stargazer
03-12-2009, 12:43 AM
I'd trust just about anything from Gooseberry.The tides flush the area well and its facing open ocean..I was thinking more of Clarkes Cove.Now that water will turn you into a human night light.

Ken
03-12-2009, 12:46 AM
I'd trust just about anything from Gooseberry.The tides flush the area well and its facing open ocean..I was thinking more of Clarkes Cove.Now that water will turn you into a human night light.

Remember the Acushnet River 25 years ago? :gagged::nuke: The Hurricane Barrier sure worked well at keeping all the toxic waste confined there.

Stargazer
03-12-2009, 12:48 AM
I was just thinking.If youre going to go throught the process of evaporating the water you might as well make a de-salinization rig and collect the fresh water that's left over.

Ken
03-12-2009, 12:54 AM
Someone recently posted about this: http://www.watercone.com/product.html on the Forum. (Sorry, I don't remember who it was.) I saved the website to "my favorites."

Stargazer
03-12-2009, 01:19 AM
Thanks for the link, that is pretty cool.

The Acushnet river,Clarks cove area makes eating red tide contaminated shell fish a walk in the park..The state is doing a good job in its clean up tho.