PDA

View Full Version : Forum Rules & Staff

Chris
03-09-2009, 09:02 PM
Let me clarify the forum rules a little bit, for mods and members alike.

There are only a few rules.

1. Post in the most appropriate area for your topic, and keep discussions PG13.

2. Do not spam. Spam is a solicitation for members to do something for your benefit. Be that to buy something from you, join your group/society, visit your website, whatever. I don't care if you run a non-profit website benefiting albino eskimos. Pepper the forums with solicitations to join it and you'll be banned, and the links removed. If you have a website or business, your signature (edited in your User CP (see top left)) is the place for it, and we have absolutely no problem with you using your signature to promote your business. So long as that isn't your only contribution to the forum.

3. Do not personally attack members. Arguments can get pretty heated, and sometimes it is best to step back and cool down. You can attack the other's argument, their reasoning, their experience even (if relevant to the topic). But there is a line you cannot cross. The moderators and myself will judge where that line is, but in general, it should be pretty obvious. Things you wouldn't say to a coworker. This also means no hate speech (posting something about someone's race, gender, religion, etc).

4. Member discipline is not for public discussion. If you think someone needs discipline, there is a WARN button on every post that sends an email with a link to the post to myself and the moderators, you can also pm us. But in the end discipline is not a democratic action, regular members have no say in it. If someone is disciplined and you don't like it, that is ALSO not for public discussion. Your feedback on member discipline can be sent through PM or email, otherwise, consider it a private matter between the forum staff and the member in question.

5. Standard rules are 1 warning, then punishment. To the discretion of the moderators. Blatant or egregious behavior can skip the warning phase, and if you get a warning, then play nice for a year, then get another one, you won't be banned. We try to use common sense in doling out punishments.

Now, the forum staff is

Chris (http://www.wilderness-survival.net/forums/member.php?u=1) - administrator
Rick (http://www.wilderness-survival.net/forums/member.php?u=725) - administrator
Crashdive123 (http://www.wilderness-survival.net/forums/member.php?u=939) - moderator

Sourdough
03-09-2009, 09:34 PM
So how many set of rules are there......this list is different than the list Rick posted..........:innocent:

And if the rules are so clear....how is it that Sarge declared you was closing the Pot thread, and then you post......and in effect diss his decision. I can stay inside the lines, if the management is clear where the lines are...:innocent:

doug1980
03-09-2009, 10:35 PM
So how many set of rules are there......this list is different than the list Rick posted..........:innocent:

And if the rules are so clear....how is it that Sarge declared you was closing the Pot thread, and then you post......and in effect diss his decision. I can stay inside the lines, if the management is clear where the lines are...:innocent:

Well said hope.....

Ken
03-09-2009, 10:38 PM
......I can stay inside the lines, if the management is clear where the lines are...:innocent:

hopeak
Whorehouse&Whiskey Parlor

Whiskey Parlor, huh? How can you stay inside the lines if you can't drive inside the lines?:sneaky2:

Rick
03-09-2009, 10:42 PM
I don't understand the confusion. The rules are posted under forum rules and Chris offered clarification of same. It pretty much boils down to acting like an adult. If we do that then the rules will take care of themselves, I think.

Chris
03-09-2009, 11:33 PM
The rules are the same, I just got more specific.

There is nothing in there about thread closing Hopeak, because thread closing is not an issue of member discipline or an issue members need concern themselves with. Thread closing is an issue of thread discipline, and believe me, in a private forum where the threads go to chat, I have posted a rule letting the threads now how they can be closed if they don't behave, or how we might put them in our little "jail" away from view if they really don't behave. As well as tips on how to keep their constituent posts in line.

Sourdough
03-09-2009, 11:55 PM
Chris, please respond to my post in the thread, "Response to Doug1980"

Thank You,

Sarge47
03-11-2009, 05:31 PM
Please note these rules because I intend to keep the personal attacks out of discussion from this day forward. How, you ask? Easy, I'll either edit the post or move the whole thread to "Purgatory." Also, no insults about wives, girlfriends, or mothers; dogs, however, are fair game! As for the remarks about Klkak's wife, it seems somebody may have missed this thread:

http://www.wilderness-survival.net/forums/showthread.php?t=4173

Let's show some class & some maturity, I'll even start it off to show how fair I am. Why, you ask? Because I'm that kind of guy!

Sourdough
03-11-2009, 05:38 PM
Also, no insults about wives, girlfriends, or mothers; dogs, however, are fair game! !

Sarge your dog is...........is.......is.......is a Lawyer...:oops:

Sarge47
03-11-2009, 05:42 PM
Actually, she's a real bit*ch!:cool2:

Ken
03-11-2009, 06:38 PM

Hopeak,

You'll soon be getting a package in the mail. It will not be a mail order bride. Please open the package outdoors and away from loved ones and valuable property. Have plenty of tomato juice and skunk spray neutralizer on hand before you open the package.

Ken

wareagle69
03-12-2009, 12:40 PM
hey what the....... did i get demoted just cuz i can't use a computer?

Chris
03-12-2009, 07:43 PM
No no. Wareagle is a moderator, but only of the foraging database. He is just such a foraging guru I couldn't not give him more power there.

Sourdough
03-12-2009, 08:05 PM
Well, I want some power too. I'll talk to my attorney about a discrimination suit. Age discrimination. Ken, play tough, but settle for a two pack of Twinkies.

Ken
03-12-2009, 08:06 PM
Chris, er, um, ahhhh - could you add a couple of rules about compliance with Quality Control Department regulations? :innocent:

Rick
03-12-2009, 10:49 PM
There goes the neighborhood. Sheeeeeesh!

Ken
03-12-2009, 10:59 PM
There goes the neighborhood. Sheeeeeesh!

What? YOU gave the Department your blessing when it was created. Your fellow Supermod, Crash, shares the burden of this moral obligation with me. How soon you forget. Ingrate! :sneaky2:

Rick
03-12-2009, 11:05 PM
Letting you exist and giving you RULES are two different things. We (Super MODS, that is) allow the common man things to appease him. Benjamin Disraeli once said the castle isn't safe if the home is unhappy. Know what I mean, Vern?

Ken
03-12-2009, 11:14 PM
Letting you exist and giving you RULES are two different things. We (Super MODS, that is) allow the common man things to appease him. Benjamin Disraeli once said the castle isn't safe if the home is unhappy. Know what I mean, Vern?

Vern? Vern? The character who was never seen nor heard? THAT Vern? :sneaky2:

You pompous man. Me thinks this calls for open warfare.

:m107::jango::tank::gun_bandana::gunsmilie::whip: :hammer::rambo::fishface:

Rick
03-13-2009, 07:51 AM
Hey! Don't make me bring out my secret weapon. Don't make me post the thong picture!

Ken
03-13-2009, 07:54 AM
Hey! Don't make me bring out my secret weapon. Don't make me post the thong picture!

:scared::noway::crash:

Rick
03-13-2009, 07:55 AM
That's what I thought.

Ken
03-13-2009, 05:19 PM
That's what I thought.

You love it when we inflate your ego like this, don't you? :whistling:

:balloon:

:burst:

:tt2:

:yes:

Ken
03-18-2009, 09:04 AM
Now, the forum staff is

Chris (http://www.wilderness-survival.net/forums/member.php?u=1) - administrator
Sarge47 (http://www.wilderness-survival.net/forums/member.php?u=296) - moderator
Rick (http://www.wilderness-survival.net/forums/member.php?u=725) - moderator
Crashdive123 (http://www.wilderness-survival.net/forums/member.php?u=939) - moderator

Okay then, ....... who is "Logos?" http://www.wilderness-survival.net/forums/member.php?u=1796

Rick
03-18-2009, 09:25 AM
A coder. Similar to a wind talker but completely different.

Ken
03-18-2009, 09:31 AM
A coder. Similar to a wind talker but completely different.

Oh. That answer helps. :huh: :confused1: :brickwall:

Rick
03-18-2009, 09:39 AM
Okay, I'll speak slower. C.o.d.e.r. All better now?

Ken
03-18-2009, 09:47 AM
Okay, I'll speak slower. C.o.d.e.r. All better now?

Okay. Here's the skinny. I was up 'till 3:30 this morning doing paper work. I got less than 2 hours sleep. So, maybe I'm processing this a little slower than normal. I know what a coder (wind talker) is. Maybe the word "coder" has an additional meaning that I'm unaware of with respect to accessing a network, database, or the Forum itself. Is it a tool for managing the Forum? Is "Coder" a REAL PERSON like Chris, Crash, and Sarge (I'm still not sure about you)? Is it just a member name conjured up for administrative reasons by Chris? WTF IS CODER?????

Don't play with me here. This could become nasty. I've only had two cups of coffee today, and, well, you figure it out.

Rick
03-18-2009, 09:50 AM
She works on the forum code. The vBulletin software. I was just playin' with you on the wind talker thing.

Ken
03-18-2009, 09:55 AM
She works on the forum code. The vBulletin software. I was just playin' with you on the wind talker thing.

Thanks, Rick! :) My blood pressure should return to normal sometime this evening. My personality profile suggests that I am inquisitive by nature. I go nuts when I can't find answers to my questions. I thrive on knowledge. I haven't had this much stress in years ......... :blink:

Rick
03-18-2009, 10:14 AM
(Jots down note) Is that all it takes?:sneaky2:

Ken
03-18-2009, 10:25 AM
(Jots down note) Is that all it takes?:sneaky2:

Yep. Unless you're on a witness stand and I'm cross-examining you. I live for such moments. Yes, effective, deliberate, and painful cross examination. Then your blood pressure wouldn't go down for a month. Very little stresses me out. Outside of court, not getting answers quickly is one of those things. Therefore, I always strive to maintain my written, electronic, and human sources of information available at all times. Now - which type of source may you be? :)

Rick
03-18-2009, 10:32 AM
:innocent:Apparently, a source of irritation.:innocent:

Ken
03-18-2009, 10:35 AM

C'mon! Don't go walking away with hurt feelings. And don't go walking away all smug either. If anything, I consider you to be a source of amusement! :innocent:

Rick
03-18-2009, 10:36 AM
Oh, sure. Poke fun at the freak. Nice. Real nice.

nell67
03-18-2009, 10:37 AM

Hey ken,you need some preperation H for that irritation????:devil2:

Ken
03-18-2009, 10:40 AM
Hey ken,you need some preperation H for that irritation????:devil2:

So THAT'S what I've been feeling, huh? :huh:

Chris
03-21-2009, 12:05 PM
Actually Logos is not a coder.

She is my content manager and does a lot of clerical type work for me, admins some of my other sites/forums.

I had her doing work for the forage database adding content so that is why she has an account here, and if Sarge and Rick and Crash ever went on strike or something I might have her come and be a mod or something. But for now she is not really an active staff member.

Ken
03-21-2009, 12:26 PM
Thank you, Chris. My curiosity has been satisfied.

Rick
03-21-2009, 12:28 PM
I stand corrected. Can we actually go on strike? Hmm.

Sarge47
03-21-2009, 12:32 PM
I stand corrected. Can we actually go on strike? Hmm.We want double the amount of pay we're getting now or else! Wait a minute...whats 2 X 0?:sneaky2:

Rick
03-21-2009, 12:45 PM
I was actually thinking about benefits. Perhaps Chris could give us a better discount on our member price.

Sarge47
03-21-2009, 02:34 PM
I was actually thinking about benefits. Perhaps Chris could give us a better discount on our member price.There's a "Member price?":confused1::helpsmilie::eyore::noway:

Ken
03-21-2009, 06:44 PM
There's a "Member price?":confused1::helpsmilie::eyore::noway:

Yes. The price of membership is putting up with Rick. :sneaky2:

Rick
03-21-2009, 06:49 PM
(mumbling under breath) Where IS that ban button?

Ken
03-21-2009, 06:52 PM
(mumbling under breath) Where IS that ban button?

I apologize. You're right....again.

THE ABOVE WAS LAST EDITED BY RICK:smash: AT 7:04. YET ANOTHER BLATANT EXAMPLE OF ABUSE OF THE POWER TO EDIT BY A SUPER MODERATOR. :sneaky2:

THE ORIGINAL REPLY READ "HAVE YOU THOUGHT OF LOOKING UNDER THE TWINKIE WRAPPERS?"

THIS COULD START A WAR............:tank:

Ken
03-21-2009, 08:37 PM
Chuck. What a guy!

Rick
03-21-2009, 10:52 PM
What? Little ole me? I do declare. My edit pen slipped a tad. For the life of me I just didn't notice that it made all those changes. You know me. I surely would have made whatever corrections are necessary, Mr. Attorney.

trax
03-22-2009, 01:34 PM
I stand corrected. Can we actually go on strike? Hmm.

Of course you can Rick, but the rationale for going on strike would be gain something, so....well...what could the 3 of you possibly agree that you want? Or from another perspective, let's all welcome Logos as our new moderator!

RangerXanatos
01-09-2013, 08:59 PM
Let me clarify the forum rules a little bit, for mods and members alike.

There are only a few rules.

1. Post in the most appropriate area for your topic, and keep discussions PG13.

2. Do not spam. Spam is a solicitation for members to do something for your benefit. Be that to buy something from you, join your group/society, visit your website, whatever. I don't care if you run a non-profit website benefiting albino eskimos. Pepper the forums with solicitations to join it and you'll be banned, and the links removed. If you have a website or business, your signature (edited in your User CP (see top left)) is the place for it, and we have absolutely no problem with you using your signature to promote your business. So long as that isn't your only contribution to the forum.

3. Do not personally attack members. Arguments can get pretty heated, and sometimes it is best to step back and cool down. You can attack the other's argument, their reasoning, their experience even (if relevant to the topic). But there is a line you cannot cross. The moderators and myself will judge where that line is, but in general, it should be pretty obvious. Things you wouldn't say to a coworker. This also means no hate speech (posting something about someone's race, gender, religion, etc).

4. Member discipline is not for public discussion. If you think someone needs discipline, there is a WARN button on every post that sends an email with a link to the post to myself and the moderators, you can also pm us. But in the end discipline is not a democratic action, regular members have no say in it. If someone is disciplined and you don't like it, that is ALSO not for public discussion. Your feedback on member discipline can be sent through PM or email, otherwise, consider it a private matter between the forum staff and the member in question.

5. Standard rules are 1 warning, then punishment. To the discretion of the moderators. Blatant or egregious behavior can skip the warning phase, and if you get a warning, then play nice for a year, then get another one, you won't be banned. We try to use common sense in doling out punishments.

Now, the forum staff is

Sarge47 (http://www.wilderness-survival.net/forums/member.php?u=296) - moderator
Rick (http://www.wilderness-survival.net/forums/member.php?u=725) - moderator

Just thought this could be bumped up as we have several new and revived members coming in to our forums. I'd also like to add that religion and politics are also NO part of this forums' discussions.

Thanks.

aktrekker
02-13-2014, 02:51 AM
What's the rule about new members posting a link to another website IF it is relevant and provides an answer to a person's inquiry?

Rick
02-13-2014, 03:27 AM
You must have 10 posts in order to post a link of any kind. It's one of the ways we keep a handle on spam. After 10 posts you are welcome to post a link to any site you don't have ownership in.

aktrekker
02-13-2014, 05:50 AM
Sorry, I've read that several times while browsing. Totally spaced it out.

Guess they'll have to wait until tomorrow.

FreedomUIC
04-25-2014, 07:26 AM
Never mine, I seen the answer I needed, Thanks.

Rick
04-25-2014, 07:28 AM
You must have 10 posts before you can post a link or pic. It's one of the ways we keep a handle on spam. Once you reach 10 posts you'll be fine.