PDA

View Full Version : Another Thread About Caches

Ken
03-08-2009, 12:07 PM
There's been considerable talk lately in various threads about caches, burying firearms, government seizure of hoarded food supplies, etc.

For anyone considering an outdoor buried cache for food, weapons and ammo, seeds pre-packaged for long term storage, or anything else that you may want to conceal, this link has some good info.

http://www.alpharubicon.com/prepinfo/medlongcache.htm

crashdive123
03-08-2009, 12:32 PM
Interesting. I also find it odd (or maybe it is my misconception) that somebody into storing food for a possible disaster would store brown rice for what appears to be very long term storage. While displacing the oxygen with carbon dioxide may prolong the "shelf life", I would think that the oils in the brown rice may still cause it to go rancid over time.

wildography
03-08-2009, 09:43 PM
Also, interesting post... I found the home page of the above link to also be very interesting...

One thing that I thought of, re: the linked article: make sure that you have a "treasure map" of your buried caches... otherwise, you might be like the squirrel who forgot where he put his nuts (yes, I know... I did that on purpose! :lol:)

Also, you might also want to camoflage where you bury your caches, because if we do come into TEOTWAWKI, someone might want to find out what's buried in that place that stands out like a sore thumb.

One last thought on caches, I knew a guy in Texas who converted an old tornado shelter into a storage place for all kinds of stuff... he just had a big padlock on it though, and it wasn't hidden at all.