PDA

View Full Version : killing sling

Ranger andy
03-01-2009, 02:44 PM
make a sling with a string cords about 4 ft. long with a pach of lether or cloth in the center of the sling :chair: (this can kill a full grown man,use with care!!!!!) . i added a finger loope.i used cloth,yarn,and a little stiching.how to use it well....google it. :)

try a rabbit not a man do not kill any one

poll:did the sling work/1-10/1 sucked/10 perfect.

Ken
03-01-2009, 02:53 PM
make a sling with a string cords about 4 ft. long with a pach of lether or cloth in the center of the sling :chair: (this can kill a full grown man,use with care!!!!!) . i added a finger loope

Uhhhh, I'm afraid to ask, but ......... Do you want us to make one of these things and go out and kill "a full grown man" or someone/something else with it so we can respond to the poll? :gagged:

RunsWithDeer
03-01-2009, 03:07 PM
Please be more clear in what you are asking in your poll.

Ken
03-01-2009, 03:08 PM
try a rabbit not a man do not kill any one

Thank you for the clarification edit.

crashdive123
03-01-2009, 03:32 PM
So this is .... a homework assignment? May I suggest that you make two additional slings and ship them to the Quality Control Department for a full review. I assure you that their opinions will be unbiased (sending beef or venison jerky helps in the unbiased part).

Ken
03-01-2009, 03:46 PM
So this is .... a homework assignment? May I suggest that you make two additional slings and ship them to the Quality Control Department for a full review. I assure you that their opinions will be unbiased (sending beef or venison jerky helps in the unbiased part).

Teamwork! It's everything!:lol:

Ranger andy
03-01-2009, 04:11 PM
it a starter,:knight:it travals a 1/4 of a mile!!!!:smash:

wildography
03-01-2009, 10:43 PM
(this can kill a full grown man,use with care!!!!!) Ummm... would it work on this big, huge guy named Goliath? Oh, wait, never mind... it did... read that somewheres...

I haven't used a sling since I was a kid... but I could hit a tree with it! But, using a sling is pretty much like anything else, practice, practice, practice... thinking about that though, a sling would hurl a rock with a greater impact of foot pounds of force than a thrown rock; I probably should try the sling again...

never know when a big, ol' ugly giant wants to stomp on a lil guy named David (which just happens to be my name!) ... course... I'm not so little anymore...

however, to answer your poll... I believe that, for Americans, there are easier access to better weapons/hunting tools than slings... if it ever gets to the point where I HAVE to resort to a sling... I'm sure that I'll have a few hours to practice... and, since I have always had a natural apptitude in the use of pretty much any weapon, it would only take a day or so of practice to be able to fetch dinner... or knock a big ol' ugly giant on his ***...

Ranger andy
03-01-2009, 11:24 PM
lol thats funny

Ole WV Coot
03-01-2009, 11:32 PM
When I decide to try suicide by rock you'll know. National Headline: DUMBA$$ KILLS SELF WITH SWINGING ROCK!! You can try and guess my opinion now.

Ranger andy
03-01-2009, 11:37 PM
lol
thats happend

sh4d0wm4573ri7
03-01-2009, 11:42 PM
I prefer to make mine with 550 and leather I already graduated from this class I can now always get the projectile to go somewhere in front of me quite hard and fast
http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee202/sh4d0wm4573ri7/crafts/S6303160.jpg

Ranger andy
03-01-2009, 11:43 PM
http://www.weebly.com/weebly/main.php site needs help bad
lol

canid
03-02-2009, 12:01 AM
i've heard of people killing themselves with a blow to the head while practicing with nunchaku. sounds like an urban ledgend, but i know how hard those things can hit, so i give it a little credibility.

Sarge47
03-02-2009, 12:08 AM
According to Ranger Andy's profile statistics, (he never did do an "intro") he's 13 years old and his occupation is an outdoors teacher. Think we're being played or what?:detective:

laughing beetle
03-02-2009, 12:13 AM
Yeah, I would say so... And I have no idea what is in the photos he posted for fire starting. Troll infestation!!!!!

Sarge47
03-02-2009, 12:20 AM
I'll be watching him very close, if he tries any spamming or what-have-you he's outa here!

wildography
03-02-2009, 12:20 AM
According to Ranger Andy's profile statistics, (he never did do an "intro") he's 13 years old and his occupation is an outdoors teacher. Think we're being played or what?:detective:

LOL... I saw that... but, I figured that he's trying to learn... and I remember when I was 13... made a "hatchet" out a a rock and a stick...; played Kit Carson, Daniel Boone, made a "fort" and all...

so... yah... most of his posts have been covered before... so he just needs to learn a bit more... just like us all... its a life-long process... or it should be...

main thing is... when you are just "learning... its a good idea to read a lot more than you post.... it took me quite a while to read a lot of the threads in this forum and I STILL haven't gotten to reading them all... but I have used the "search" tool quite a bit...

(yup... the above paragraph was a hint! :clap: )

Ranger andy
03-02-2009, 08:30 PM
what he said
lol

klkak
03-03-2009, 07:13 PM
it a starter,:knight:it travals a 1/4 of a mile!!!!:smash:

Um, what travels a quarter of a mile?

One mile is 5,280 feet or 1,760 yards. 1/4 mile is 1,320 feet or 440 yards.

SnipAR-10
03-16-2009, 01:30 AM
I've had one experience with a sling like is in that picture. I was about 7years old on a family camping trip. I was a little bit downhill from our campsite trying to toss little rocks over the small creek as my father watched while making breakfast. The "aim" was to hit a boulder on the other side. Tried one: swing, swing, swing, THROW..... hmm.. nothing. Rock fell out of the pouch. oops. Tried a few more times. Next one seemed to be in orbit, then made a little sploosh in the creek. I was encouraged. Final try, I didn't see or hear anything until I heard an expletive from my father. Ran back up the hill to find that my little rock had somehow made it behind me, up the hill, and landed smack dab in my dad's oatmeal. Thus endeth the "practice".