PDA

View Full Version : Awards

flandersander
02-13-2009, 08:25 PM
I was thinking having what we could call awards. We would vote once a year (all of us) and before voting, we would have the opportunity to nominate whomever we think deserving of the title. The awards could be for lots of different things. Community spirit of the year, trapper of the year, survival guru of the year, the list goes on. What do you think?

welderguy
02-13-2009, 10:02 PM
Oh,oh,oh Pick me pick me

crashdive123
02-13-2009, 10:08 PM
Ah, let's just stick with the Numpty Award. Seems like people nominate themselves all the time.

vthompson
02-13-2009, 10:55 PM
I don't think that it would be a bad idea if the website had contributor memberships so that one person didn't have to bear the burden of cost by themselves. Something like:

Gold Membership-$100.00
Silver Membership-$75.00
Bronze Membership-$50.00

Make this a yearly contribution and have a sponsorship sign where the avatars are. What do you think?

Ole WV Coot
02-13-2009, 11:25 PM
I don't think that it would be a bad idea if the website had contributor memberships so that one person didn't have to bear the burden of cost by themselves. Something like:

Gold Membership-$100.00
Silver Membership-$75.00
Bronze Membership-$50.00

Make this a yearly contribution and have a sponsorship sign where the avatars are. What do you think?

You know I'm broke. I live in the same state you do. Besides at my tender age I am the longest survivor despite not knowing much. Therefore I nominate myself to choose a winner, but remember I can be BRIBED starting at $10. I will eagerly await your decisions.:rolleyes:

vthompson
02-14-2009, 12:35 AM
You can't be that broke if you can afford a computer to sit around and peck on. Besides, I have to live on a disability pension so you dont want to talk about being broke to me.

palm stalker
02-14-2009, 01:58 AM
jess old coot and vt..ive been dead 12 yrs ,and still paying for my head stone..give us a break on the old stuff.. u make me feel young.

Ole WV Coot
02-14-2009, 09:25 AM
I don't guess the first liar has a chance. Have to cut this short, the library is closing and my computer access will be cut off.

Tony uk
02-14-2009, 10:00 AM

Gold Membership-$100.00
Silver Membership-$75.00
Bronze Membership-$50.00

But then the amount of new members we normaly get would most likely decrease, Also, What about our yonger members ? *teenagers and so on.....*

What if they cant pay it, or if their parent's wont pay it ?

crashdive123
02-14-2009, 10:07 AM
Here's an idea for an award / reward....gaining the knowledge that may help you some day; sharing the knowledge that may help somebody one day; meeting people that you would have otherwise not met. Sounds like we're all winners.

Fletcher
02-14-2009, 12:38 PM
FVR would win this thing for every catagory.

vthompson
02-14-2009, 08:03 PM
I only meant the sponsorship idea as purely voluntary not mandatory. I know that some people are blessed more than others financially and I just mentioned it as a "want to" sponsorship.
I am sorry if I offended anyone.

Sarge47
02-14-2009, 08:42 PM
I only meant the sponsorship idea as purely voluntary not mandatory. I know that some people are blessed more than others financially and I just mentioned it as a "want to" sponsorship.
..........I'm offended!:rolleyes: I'll expect a check to pay for my hurt feelings!:D (Do I get the nomination for the curmudgen award?:confused:)

crashdive123
02-14-2009, 08:52 PM
..........I'm offended!:rolleyes: I'll expect a check to pay for my hurt feelings!:D (Do I get the nomination for the curmudgen award?:confused:)

Come on Sarge - you know that's a Life Time Achievement Award.

klkak
02-15-2009, 02:12 AM
I don't like the idea.

RunsWithDeer
02-15-2009, 07:16 AM
I think it can be done, but warn caution. It could be divisive.

Chris
02-16-2009, 04:08 PM
For the record, if someone sends me a check, I cash it. ;)

Hmmm... I just realized the smilies on this forum are a little lacking, I'll have to add more.

nell67
02-16-2009, 04:18 PM

Hmmm... I just realized the smilies on this forum are a little lacking, I'll have to add more.

LMAO,do you accept food stamps:eek: just kidding guys,just kidding!

Tony uk
02-16-2009, 09:41 PM

And about time to son !

laughing beetle
02-16-2009, 10:23 PM
I could compete with Crash for the award for consuming the most coffee...:D

crashdive123
02-16-2009, 10:28 PM
I could compete with Crash for the award for consuming the most coffee...:D

I don't know.....retired Navy.....

laughing beetle
02-16-2009, 10:32 PM
Hhmmm... unmedicated ADHD might have that beat... coffee is my happy drug;):D:D