PDA

View Full Version : Security?

rebel
02-04-2009, 10:09 AM
I read this:
http://www.dw-world.de/dw/article/0,,4000751,00.html

Then, this:
http://www.spiegel.de/international/world/0,1518,605453,00.html

The U.S. had foreign planes patrolling after 9-11. Could it be possible that the U.S. would also have foreign troops stationed in the U.S.?

Think of the advantages to having foreign troops to command. No coup threat. Disconnected to the populace. Easier to control.

trooper
02-04-2009, 10:21 AM
I read this: Think of the advantages to having foreign troops to command. No coup threat. Disconnected to the populace. Easier to control.

Sorry I disagree, foreign troops should never be patroling anywhere in the U.S. not their job and don't trust them. Didn't the Ringmaster control the tiger just begore it attacked him!!! (Best Earl Pitts voice)WAKE UP AMERICA!!!

Dennis K.
02-04-2009, 10:52 AM
Yes, and one day all the helicopters will suddenly be painted black....

Foreign troops on US soil is common. Fort Brag, NC - Operation Solid Shield - 1,000's of NATO troops in an annual joint training operation. Canadian pilots patrolling their borders, in which we have a common interest. Naval husbandry contracts, which allow foreign warships into our ports, also common.
Oh, and by the way, US troops occupy 100's of countries - part of our readiness strategy.

A wolf is a fearsome animal. A pack of wolves, however, is a whole new kinda fearsome.
Keep your friends close, your enemies closer.

rebel
02-04-2009, 03:10 PM
Sorry I disagree,

I was being sarcastic.

rebel
02-04-2009, 03:13 PM
Yes, and one day all the helicopters will suddenly be painted black....

Foreign troops on US soil is common. Fort Brag, NC - Operation Solid Shield - 1,000's of NATO troops in an annual joint training operation. Canadian pilots patrolling their borders, in which we have a common interest. Naval husbandry contracts, which allow foreign warships into our ports, also common.
Oh, and by the way, US troops occupy 100's of countries - part of our readiness strategy.

A wolf is a fearsome animal. A pack of wolves, however, is a whole new kinda fearsome.
Keep your friends close, your enemies closer.

These troops on U.S. soil are not here to occupy or supply security. Just training and exercise.

As for U.S. occupation on foreign soil. That's what you get when you loose.

Dennis K.
02-04-2009, 03:33 PM
This is getting dangerously close to the "no Politics" line.

But, IF there were foreign troops on US Soil to occupy or supply security, they would only loosely be under the command of a US administration. They would more likely be under local command, such as the Mexican troops that provided security and aid after Hurricane Katrina.
Then, IF said foreign troops were to attempt anything like a civilian suppression operation, they would have the US military to contend with - in which case, the coup would come from our own military commanders as they defended their oath (the part about "all enemies, foreign and domestic")

Of all the things there are to keep an eye on, a few foreign troops providing extra backs in the field on a goodwill mission like post 9/11 security, are not very high on my priority list.
It smacks of conspiracy theory.

rebel
02-05-2009, 12:47 PM
This is getting dangerously close to the "no Politics" line.

But, IF there were foreign troops on US Soil to occupy or supply security, they would only loosely be under the command of a US administration. They would more likely be under local command, such as the Mexican troops that provided security and aid after Hurricane Katrina.
Then, IF said foreign troops were to attempt anything like a civilian suppression operation, they would have the US military to contend with - in which case, the coup would come from our own military commanders as they defended their oath (the part about "all enemies, foreign and domestic")

Of all the things there are to keep an eye on, a few foreign troops providing extra backs in the field on a goodwill mission like post 9/11 security, are not very high on my priority list.
It smacks of conspiracy theory.

These are current events. Not my political / religious views. So, please don't threaten or try to place me in a conspiracy box for sharing what I think is a monumental event. As a comparison to German troops in France just think if we started having Japanese troops stationed in Hawaii. Who'd have thunk it.

Dennis K.
02-09-2009, 10:22 AM
These are current events. Not my political / religious views. So, please don't threaten or try to place me in a conspiracy box for sharing what I think is a monumental event. As a comparison to German troops in France just think if we started having Japanese troops stationed in Hawaii. Who'd have thunk it.

The articles you linked to discuss what Merkel and Sarkozy have said to the press, not US foreign policy.
The German troops in France appear to be part of a Multinational joint response force.
US troops routinely serve alongside troops of other nationalities - including Japanese, German, French, British, Mexican, Canadian. This is nothing new.
If you have more information that shows US troops ceding authority to foreign command, or US command taking authority of foreign troops for domestic issues, I would be very interested to see it. The articles do not appear to show either case, however.

This:

Think of the advantages to having foreign troops to command. No coup threat. Disconnected to the populace. Easier to control.
smacks of conspiracy theory.

Ole WV Coot
02-09-2009, 10:43 AM
We've trained them for many years. What bothers me is everything they learn is now used against us. In our wisdom we still continue so we gotta teach them everything they may know but don't teach them EVERYTHING you know. I live in an area where nobody knows anything about my first 50yrs and I keep my mouth shut, stay sober, go to church and help some in the community. I have the "sweet ole man" down pretty good and very few
folks know I carry concealed. Gonna keep it that way and my training others days are over.

rebel
02-09-2009, 10:02 PM
We've trained them for many years. What bothers me is everything they learn is now used against us. In our wisdom we still continue so we gotta teach them everything they may know but don't teach them EVERYTHING you know. I live in an area where nobody knows anything about my first 50yrs and I keep my mouth shut, stay sober, go to church and help some in the community. I have the "sweet ole man" down pretty good and very few
folks know I carry concealed. Gonna keep it that way and my training others days are over.

Coot wisdom. Thanks for all you did and do.

Riverrat
02-10-2009, 08:02 AM
There is a base is my home province called Gagetown...we have US troops there quite often training. It is one of the main training bases for the Canadian forces, and we see US troops with them a lot, as well as British, French, German, Australian, and many other's.

crashdive123
02-10-2009, 08:09 AM
Military training exchanges have been going on for a long time. All Italian military helicopter pilots learn to fly here in the US (believe the time is split between Pensacola and a base in Texas)

grundle
02-10-2009, 10:49 AM
I live close to Leavenworth and I see foreign Officers pretty regularly who are attending the Command and General Staff College.

When I went to see my brother at Ft. Bragg and Ft. Benning I saw foreign soldiers there as well.

Seems farily common to me.