PDA

View Full Version : Where the heck are you from anyway.

trooper
02-04-2009, 09:56 AM
Yeah, yeah I know it's under your avatar, I know you said it in your introduction (if ya even did one) but I miss alot of that cause I'm busy while I do this. None og this I live here but stay here, or I travel so I'm wandering the wilderness, bull crap where do ya (put your nugget down - that's what she said... lol...) every night.
So sound off and tell us (me) where you're from.

Trooper & Beowulf: Cincinnati, Ohio (yeah I'm first since he's gone he can just suck it up and drive on with his mission... lol..)

nell67
02-04-2009, 10:59 AM
Me?? I'm from Southern Indiana,about 2 hours away from you.

rockymtnchief
02-04-2009, 11:10 AM
Nestled between the Big Belt Mountains, Little Belt Mountains, and Castle Mountains in White Sulphur Springs, Mt. elevation 5240'.

trooper
02-04-2009, 11:20 AM
Wow Nell your close. Montana is cool my dad has a good friend that lives there.

doug1980
02-04-2009, 01:02 PM
I was born in Indy, then moved to FL, then back to IN, then to TX, then to LA, then back to TX, then to IN then, FL again, then to Velpen IN, then Otwell IN then a year in Iraq, then 6 months in Kuwait, but now.....now I'm in Alaska for the next few years then off to somewhere else....to be continued...........

nell67
02-04-2009, 01:26 PM
I was born in Indy, then moved to FL, then back to IN, then to TX, then to LA, then back to TX, then to IN then, FL again, then to Velpen IN, then Otwell IN then a year in Iraq, then 6 months in Kuwait, but now.....now I'm in Alaska for the next few years then off to somewhere else....to be continued...........

We'll just change your name to jumping bean:D

doug1980
02-04-2009, 01:31 PM
We'll just change your name to jumping bean:D

:D Those are just the big moves I didn't count the moving from house to house in the same town or area. Never spent more than a year in one place until I was 14 and settled in Southern IN. That's where the heart is I guess. :D

welderguy
02-04-2009, 01:45 PM
Im In Good ol Granbury Texas.

DOGMAN
02-04-2009, 04:04 PM
I live in the Northeastern part of the Gallatin Mountains http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gallatin_Range.
About 10 miles down a dirt road. The closest landmark is called Chimney Rock.
http://www.mountainzone.com/mountains/detail.asp?fid=4849356
Basically, I live right underneath it. The closest town to my house is Emigrant, Montana. (12 miles away) However, the biggest town nearby is Bozeman (30 miles from here). But when I go to town...Livingston is that place (20 miles away). My property is surrounded by National Forest, and I can walk out my back door, into the National Forest start heading south to Yellowstone Park and not encounter a paved road for over 90 miles.

FVR
02-04-2009, 08:45 PM
Grew up swimming across the Delaware River.
Took a vacation to 283 Blvd. de France, SC.
Spent a little time in the Wrightsville Beach NC area.
Moved over to the backside of San Clemente in S. Cal. for a few years.
Ventured down to Panama (the jungle) for awhile.
Spent some time 50 miles NE of Palm Springs.
Explored the mountains at Pickle Meadows in California.
Explored more mountains in Indian Springs California.
Moved to Asia for a year and ventured over to the DMZ for a few months.
Moved to Laguna Nigel for a year.
Moved all the way over to the Atlantic to live in the Inner Harbor.
Then moved down to the foothills of the Appalachian mountains.

Riverrat
02-04-2009, 08:50 PM
Started out in New Brunswick, and ended up back here. Tried living in PA for a bit, that is it for living in the States. Been around a few other places but back in NB now. Closest US state is Maine.

canid
02-04-2009, 08:55 PM
yeah, since many of us are not from where we're at, i'm from juneau ak, but live in the north valley, california.

Runs With Beer
02-04-2009, 08:59 PM
Born and raised in North central Fla.

Jay
02-04-2009, 09:15 PM
Born and raised in Sri Lanla! see if you can find it on the map!!!!!!!!!

crashdive123
02-04-2009, 09:19 PM
Hmmmm.

http://www.damendis.org/images/Sri_Lanka_map.jpg

MatthewnOK
02-05-2009, 12:33 AM
Born and raised in a little town in Oklahoma, population 3000, directions:
Find the middle of nowhere
Take a left
Drive 3 miles and you got it!

palm stalker
02-05-2009, 01:12 AM
i was born in evansville in..went back to florida.where my mother was born.. my father was a most breed from opp ala..i lived all my life in fl, cept 2 yrs in asheville,nc..

Pict
02-05-2009, 08:42 AM
Born in NJ while my parents were at the beach. Raised in SE Pennsylvania. Spent 90-92 teaching HS in Brazil. Moved back to Brazil full time in 99. We spend 80% of our time there and 20% here in PA, which works out to four years there and one here. Right now we're back in PA (Quakertown area) for the year. Mac

woodlander1314
02-05-2009, 09:34 AM
Germantown Wisconsin, just north of Milwaukee. always shoveling... always shoveling... and if im not shoveling, im getting a fire to combat the -30 degree windchill.

Alpine_Sapper
02-05-2009, 09:58 AM
Originally from Louisiana. Been around the world and settled back in Texas. Currently in San Antonio with no plans to stay. Actually I'm looking to relocate back to North East/Central Texas, maybe a little west south/west of DFW.

RunsWithDeer
02-05-2009, 11:42 AM
Born and raised right here in southern Michigan, about 15 miles from where I now live.

I have moved several times for my job, lived in Ohio (3 locations: Marion, Clyde, Findlay), Indiana (Evansville), Germany (Stuttgart) and here in Michigan in Hartford, Dowagiac, Stevensville, St Joseph, Ann Arbor (college) and now Berrien Springs.

Grazer1
02-06-2009, 10:20 PM
Born and live near Elmira, NY. An old Iroquois legend/saying I read in a letter long ago tells that once you lay eyes upon this valley, you're destined to return. I've spent time in the Olympic and Sierra mountains, camped in the Mojave, slept on the beach in the Florida keys. They were all beautiful yet here I am. Maybe a bit of truth to that legend I'm thinking.

laughingbeetle
02-07-2009, 01:13 AM
Born and raised in the North Country, up past Fort Drum, in New York State. I have never lived any further south than Syracuse, NY.

Stairman
02-07-2009, 09:06 AM
Born in Ft.Campbell Kentucky.Moved to Orange Park,Fl at 4.Moved to Ft.Walton Beach FL at 17.Then Louisianna,then back to the outskirts of O.P where I bought property and settled down.My place is now paid for.When my rental property is paid for I may sell em both and move to N.Georgia,Tennesee or Carolina.Having more wooded property and a small cozy cottage with decent garage/shop is my goal.

Arkansas_Ranger
02-07-2009, 10:51 AM
Yeah, yeah I know it's under your avatar, I know you said it in your introduction (if ya even did one) but I miss alot of that cause I'm busy while I do this. None og this I live here but stay here, or I travel so I'm wandering the wilderness, bull crap where do ya (put your nugget down - that's what she said... lol...) every night.
So sound off and tell us (me) where you're from.

Trooper & Beowulf: Cincinnati, Ohio (yeah I'm first since he's gone he can just suck it up and drive on with his mission... lol..)

ummmm Arkansas. lol

Arsey
02-10-2009, 07:13 AM
Scotland.
Now in Australia.

Aurelius95
02-10-2009, 10:00 PM
Born in Albany, NY. Spent 4 years in NC, then a year teaching English in Japan. I have lived north of Atlanta since 1998. Wouldn't mind being where FVR is, in the foothills.

EspenN
02-11-2009, 08:10 AM
I have this feeling that almost everyone lives in the states ;)

Well .. southeast in norway, at the thumb. I want to move to warmer place though.

tacticalguy
02-12-2009, 07:17 PM
Born and raised in North Bend Washington, foothills of the cascades.

Rick
02-12-2009, 08:59 PM
Born in Southern Illinois and now on the north side of Indianapolis.

Say, Trooper. What is Beo doing? Last I heard he was off to Iraq with Blackwater then I heard Blackwater's contract was not being renewed. Where is he and how's he doing?

palm stalker
02-12-2009, 09:32 PM
I have this feeling that almost everyone lives in the states ;)

Well .. southeast in norway, at the thumb. I want to move to warmer place though.

come on down. i have a swamp to sell to u bro..:D

Barefoot
02-18-2009, 12:30 PM
Born in Southern Illinois and now on the north side of Indianapolis.

spend much time in or around the shawnee national forest? i spent a lot of time rockclimbing and camping there as a young buck. what town did you grow up in?

woodsman86
02-18-2009, 01:55 PM
Grew up in Western NY, lived in Pisgah Forest, NC for 4 years, moved to Fort Lewis, WA for the last 4 years with 15months in Iraq in the middle, trying to go to Alaska next. I love the mountains and never want to leave.

sh4d0wm4573ri7
02-18-2009, 02:31 PM
Born n raised in MN lived in Wis,Il,Montana,Michigin,and now residing in TN

Okwaho
02-20-2009, 08:16 PM
Peterborough, Ontario, Canada
About 45min-1hour away from Toronto
Born and raised here

valerian
02-22-2009, 02:09 PM
Born in Florida, moved to NC, moved back to Florida, and then back to NC...wanna move somewhere different...

oly
02-22-2009, 06:10 PM
Born and raised in Utah near Salt lake city, never lived in the city though

Rick
02-22-2009, 07:04 PM
Barefoot - You bet! Giant City, Garden of the Gods, Fern Cliff. Spent loads of time in all of them. Born and raised in West Frankfort.