PDA

View Full Version : Copper Snare Wire

vthompson
02-04-2009, 12:12 AM
Has anyone here ever used copper fishing line for snare wire? I got a roll of 45# test copper fishing line and I have been playing with it around the house working with it and trying to break it. I have found that it is easy to work with and that it keeps the shape to which you form it. The lasso cinches up real well whenever I apply pressure also.
I have spent the past couple of days off and on trying to break it and haven't yet.
I was just wondering if anyone has used it and if so how did it do for you?

klkak
02-04-2009, 01:13 PM
Copper wire is great for rabbits and squirrels.

skunkkiller
02-04-2009, 01:38 PM
what is the brand name of the copper fishing line?I would like to get some

QTpie
02-04-2009, 02:52 PM
can you get it any place that sells fishing equipment?

trax
02-04-2009, 03:06 PM
Personally, I'd recommend buying brass snare wire if you're going out to purchse specifically for snaring, but yeah the copper will work great. I've snared rabbits with 12 pound test monofilament line in the past. I'd also recommend something stronger than that overall, because your snare can get whipped around or tangled up by the breeze...but it's doable.

vthompson
02-04-2009, 09:53 PM
Hey guy's, I am going to try to answer a couple of your questions. I can't remember the brand name of the wire, but I get it from a guy up in Michigan through e-bay. Just go to the website and type in copper fishing line in their search engine, and it will pull it right up. I hope that this helps.