PDA

View Full Version : He did it!

vthompson
02-04-2009, 12:04 AM
We had our grandson again this past weekend and he asked me if he could try to make a fire again with my firesteel, so I told him yes. We put our coats on and went outside and got some kindling and a little firewood together. I had him put his kindling down and then I gave him some dryer lint to use as tinder and told him to work it in around his kindling.
He got it done and then I gave him the firesteel and he started scrapeing it with the scraper. About 2 minutes later, he let out a warhoop and I looked and he had a fire going. He placed the rest of his kindling around it and then put his firewood on it and the fire took right off. The look on his face was priceless and you couldn't have smacked the smile off of his face. As soon as he had the fire going good, he made a bee line to the house to tell my wife. I was glad that I got to see him do it.

crashdive123
02-04-2009, 12:07 AM
I wonder which one of you had the bigger grin on their face. Nice! I'll bet neither of you will ever forget it.

palm stalker
02-04-2009, 12:14 AM
good vt,a priceless moment.. now ask him to teach u how ..this time will live with him always..

nell67
02-04-2009, 08:05 AM
Awesome vt!!