PDA

View Full Version : My week in review

welderguy
01-30-2009, 02:21 PM
I have to share my week with you all ( read VENTING!!!). I was offered a very good job last week and decided to go to the interview which is 4 hours away from my house, no big deal so I used my wifes truck it gets about 17 mpg compared to mine at 8 mpg.
I get there and sit thru a 6 hour orientation,(with no cig break) , Take a 4 part 2 hour welding test , again with no smoke break.
I finally get to talk to the big cheese and was informed I have the job if I want it, but it doesn't start till march 1st.
On the way home I had a flat no biggy right, its 11:30 pm before the first ice storm Texas has had this year, I'm stranded on IH35 in Waco, I pull into an HEB market parking lot, proceed to change my tire, well the spare was dry rotted, I then discover my cell phone had no service, I went inside the store for change for the pay phone , walked all the way across the parking lot just to find out it didn't work, so as I was walking back to my vehicle, I was approached by a 5 foot 2 inch 300 pound toothless security guard that informed me that if my vehicle was on the property after 1:30 am it would be towed.
Being in such a good mood as I was in , I explained to him what my day had been like that I have no tire and that he HEB and the city of Waco could go self fornicate .
I then walked to the closet pay phone called for someone to bring me another spare, closest person was my father in law took him two and a half hours to get there. we got the truck on the road and finally got home at 5:AM.
Now what did I learn for this.
1. Waco sucks
2. HEB sucks
3.I'm a dumb *** for not checking out the truck before leaving.
4. my cell phone service sucks
What I did to fix this to prevent future problems.
1. replaced all 5 tires on my wifes truck.
2. changed my cell service
3. called HEB, City of Waco. and complained about the treatment of stranded motorists.
HEB said they have no policy like that and was sorry for the problem and that they would take care of it. DPS, WACO PD and the SO all said they don't ticket or tow from parking lots , the only time they ticket or tow is if the vehicle is left more than 24 hours on the side of a public road..
So I did some calling found out who the security company was and I called and had a talk with them.
So how was your week.

crashdive123
01-30-2009, 02:28 PM
Sooooooo - just consider it a training exercise. Did you take the job?

welderguy
01-30-2009, 02:33 PM
Sooooooo - just consider it a training exercise. Did you take the job?

Yes I did take the Job. couldn't pass it up.

crashdive123
01-30-2009, 02:56 PM
Well - congratulations on the new job....and although it probably sucked, better to find out about the little problems when it is not a serious emergency.

skunkkiller
01-30-2009, 03:04 PM
you could most likley have the secuitiy guy job to .

welderguy
01-30-2009, 03:08 PM
you could most likley have the secuitiy guy job to .

I dont think I fit the qulifications, Im over 5'2", I weigh less than 300 pounds, I have my teeth, and my head isnt lodged firmly in my rectum.

welderguy
01-30-2009, 03:11 PM
Well - congratulations on the new job....and although it probably sucked, better to find out about the little problems when it is not a serious emergency.

Thank You crash, I am thankful it wasnt an emergency situation.

trax
01-30-2009, 06:32 PM
Lost me at 'no cig break'