PDA

View Full Version : police chase

snakeman
01-29-2009, 08:17 PM
Did you see last night about the woman that stole the Uhaul truck and ran down Pacific Coast highway yesteray in southern California around 4pm (there). Sorry i dont have a link. I just saw it on fox news yesterday. She weaved traffic for two hours up until where I saw going at 75 mph. I don't know why the police just let her stay ahead. Does anybody know what happened afterwords, like if she got caught? It was entertaining to watch but scary how close she came many times to craching someone.

nell67
01-29-2009, 08:23 PM
Yep,I watched it on cnn.com last night,they flattened the tires with stop sticks,and she finally jumped out and ran,they caught her,there was nothing in the back of the vehicle,so she must have been going to pick up something and got nervous??

crashdive123
01-29-2009, 08:23 PM
Saw the finish of that news story tonight. She avoided police stop sticks, driving the wrong way on roads. She eventually ran out of gas (at least that's what it looked like). She jumped out and started running. Tried to get in one car with no luck. Kept running - Nice take down by the police. They didn't say why, other than the U Haul was stolen. Note to car thives ----- pick something less conspicuous!

Pal334
01-29-2009, 08:40 PM
Maybe this will help.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=175_1233196072

nell67
01-29-2009, 10:05 PM
Mmmm,last night while watchig it,the news casters were doing play by play,and said the tires were flat from stop sticks,I missed parts of it,as the video kept cutting in and out,but picked up again just as she was rolling to a stop and jumped out,glad they got her,and would be interesting to know the reason she stole a Uhaul of all things.

canid
01-29-2009, 10:13 PM
yeah, these days there's no question about whether such person is caught. they almost without exception are. the dukes of hazard wouldn't stand a chance anymore.

i have no idea why some people decide to run from the police, but did any of the news mention whether she had outstandings?

i've watched several people with warrants run from police in situations where they where not even likely to speak to them or ask for id.

CTracker
01-30-2009, 06:40 AM
Did you see how fast that Police Officer was running? He didn't need a car. :D

snakeman
01-30-2009, 08:31 AM
Thanks, I am glad she got caught. I don't think she had her head screwed on straight.:confused: