PDA

View Full Version : SAD & BAD News for Snow Machine HATERS

Sourdough
01-23-2009, 06:49 PM
OK, so what if I hate them and love them. Haters will have to find something new to hate about snow machines.

Smoky, oil smoke, Stinky, leaves a blue haze........sorry not the new four strokes.

Loud Two stroke...rin-din-din....Rin-Din-Din. SORRY that is over also.

The new liquid cooled four stroke engines do "NOT" mix or inject oil, and a are very quiet.

Well REAL Men snowshoe or X/C Ski; I have to agree with that, However as a tool for old men and mature ladies they are great.

I can build snowshoe and X/C Ski trails then park it, and the next day have total quiet on the shoes.

The darn Ski-doo gets better fuel mileage than any of my trucks. They claim about 21 MPG......:)

trax
01-24-2009, 01:02 AM
Well hope, they'll never be quiet enough, unless they're shut off, but I've seen too many practical applications...commercial fishermen, trappers, older gentlemen and mature ladies...to hate them. The ones I can't stand are more since I've moved down here to the flat lands and they are all out there on the weekends screaming around in the fields and it sounds like Grand Prix day. Glad they make 'em such bright colors, easier to pick out in the snow with my .303 peep sites (kidding people, calm down, just kidding)

RunsWithDeer
01-24-2009, 09:01 AM
I have to agree that snowmobiles have come a long way. We have two Polaris trail machines, 2007 models, and they are relatively quiet. We do limit our riding to not after 10 pm at night, or before 8 am, and so do our neighbors. But, we do get some passers by at all hours and they can be annoying in the middle of the night, mostly on weekends.

RunsWithDeer
01-24-2009, 09:09 AM
Now for the haters, unfortunately some idiots in Wisconsin run down a flock of geese on snowmobiles, killing 57.

http://www.jsonline.com/news/wisconsin/37601579.html

Also, deer run over by snowmobiles in Wisconsin and killed.

http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/strange/offbeat_wluk_greenbay_dnr_says_deer_rundown_by_sno wmobilers_1110911042157623

DOGMAN
01-24-2009, 10:41 AM
I can't wait until I can afford a new 4 stroke sled. I have a nice solid 2 stroker right now that is only a few years old, so it'll be a while before I upgrade. But, i have checked out the new 4strokes and they are nice.

I use my snow machine to groom/pack dog sled trails, check trail conditions, and occasssionally get in and out of my house. I never hot rod around on it. Its essentially just a tool for me. Not a recreational mode of transportation