PDA

View Full Version : No bow, no gun, no problem

MCBushbaby
01-18-2009, 03:58 AM
This video is simply amazing. With enough time I think anyone can be half as good as this old timer.

http://www.wimp.com/toogood/

Arsey
01-18-2009, 04:09 AM
He is dead set amazing. Thanks for the link to the vid.

crashdive123
01-18-2009, 07:56 AM
All I can say is wow!

Runs With Beer
01-18-2009, 08:54 AM
That was amazing, Thanks.

Stairman
01-18-2009, 10:04 AM
He's been a practicin.

Riverrat
01-18-2009, 10:06 AM
That is great...thanks.

snakeman
01-18-2009, 10:24 AM
Funny, I just saw that video yesterday. He is awesome. Great video.

ride_gnu
01-18-2009, 03:34 PM
That is cool, I got like 100' of surgical tubing kicking around too, might have to try making slingshot #1 today.

Ziggy
01-20-2009, 03:09 PM
Wow! Unreal.

CreekWalker
01-20-2009, 06:31 PM
Well seems Rufus Hussey was on the Johnny Carson show and was also interviewed by Charles Kuralt and even David Letterman wanted him on his show.

http://www.carolinacommunities.com/nws/bean1203.html

Check out his reply to David Letterman at the bottom.

trax
01-20-2009, 06:37 PM
well, his conversation with Carson and his answer to Letterman both make perfect sense to me. I actually saw a repeat of his interview with Carson on one of those "best of....." type things they did from time to time. Pretty cool guy.

vthompson
01-20-2009, 06:44 PM
I have seen him on T.V. before, but you have to hand it to him, the man is good.

welderguy
01-20-2009, 08:04 PM
Thanks for the link, I enjoyed that

Dennis
01-21-2009, 08:35 PM
Just unbelievable. Thanks for the post really enjoyed watching.

Geronimo!
01-26-2009, 10:23 AM
Thanks for the link.
Has anyone found the Carson interview? That looks like it'd be good.

pgvoutdoors
01-26-2009, 03:44 PM
I've seen some pretty good shooters at standing objects but none like him. With skills like that a person would never go hungry.

oly
01-26-2009, 10:48 PM
Ive seen it years ago and I was just thinking about it the other day.
Thanks

crashdive123
01-17-2010, 09:06 AM
While I was moving threads around, I came across this again. This man will give you something to "shoot for" if you are a sling shot user.

Camp10
01-17-2010, 10:05 AM
Thanks for digging this up Crash! This guy is great and I havnt dug deep enough to have found it yet.

Rick
01-17-2010, 01:38 PM
That's one watermelon patch I don't think I'd be stealing from. I don't think he can toss me in the air but I'll bet he could have me bouncing around in that road. Good night, he's gooooooood.

hunter63
01-17-2010, 03:29 PM
Cool, thanks for the "bump".
Good vid

Ph34r
02-16-2010, 06:10 PM
He is just abnormally awesome. "He doesn't aim" - Okay, slightly weird, maybe he has a terminator/Goldeneye?:tongue_smilie:

Julie362
03-17-2010, 02:26 PM
That's crazy. Anyone else notice that within the last 2 seconds of the clip for a fraction of a second there is a picture of a dog?

Alaskan Survivalist
03-17-2010, 03:21 PM
He is just abnormally awesome. "He doesn't aim" - Okay, slightly weird, maybe he has a terminator/Goldeneye?:tongue_smilie:

He may not be aware of it but he is aiming. I use similar technique for hand guns. It was developed during WW II for spies. We needed a quick way to teach scientists to shoot (it was easier than teaching good shots nuclear physics). It relies on natural instincts. The first being the tendency to look at the threat and the second pointing straight. For handguns it goes like this, square your shoulders to the target (this establishes windage) and raise the gun into your line of sight (this establishes elevation). This is very simple and if fit and grip of handgun is good you will be amazed how close you are when you look down the sights. This is my first stage of aiming each time I shoot even when using sights. Since I started talking about this I'll tell you the second stage I think I invented. With your eyes focused on target you'll see two handguns in your vision and I further align target between the two images. By the time I look down the sights it is more or less just a verification because I am always dead on. This a particular advantage to older shooters. When looking down sights your eyes are making rapid unconcious movements focusing at the various distances from the target to front sight to rear sight. As we age we loose this abilty and this method turns it to an advantage. Try it and you will see what I mean. I quess I wandered a bit off topic, rambling thought is another side effect of age.

hybrid
03-18-2010, 12:12 PM
Impressive stuff! Thanks for the link. I wonder if when he steps out the back of his place, you cannot see or hear a SINGLE animal.. because they all hide when they hear him coming :D

I use a traditional sling...accuracy is a LOT longer in coming with those things so things like this just make me envious, doh.

In true form of pointless legislation, many aussie states are now making or have made slingshots illegal or restricted category. Be kitchen knives and bits of timber, next.

hoosierarcher
03-19-2010, 04:49 PM
I'll have to float my stick along side those that said things like "Amazing!"
That reminded me of Michigan's Ron LaClair. He uses a longbow rather than a slingshot and I've seen him shoot aspirin out of the air. Back in '50 when Ron broke his arm a month before hunting season he learned to shoot holding the bow with his feet.
I was a pretty good hand with my wrist rocket back in the 70s. I shot apples out of trees and walnuts and squirrels too. I even made a head shot on a flying pheasant, once (out of probably 100 attempts.) Two years ago I bought the type that Senior Statesman of the beanshooter was using. I was hitting pill bottles at 15 yards within a month but ozone got the rubber pretty fast. I am hunting accurate with anything that shoots, only amazing with rifles and occassionally with bows.(it ain't braggin' if it's true.) But I don't hold a candle to that gentleman.

Justin Case
04-17-2010, 08:56 AM
Absolutely Talented !