PDA

View Full Version : Hi

rockinwithmatt
01-17-2009, 03:51 AM
Just came across this site, looks like a good place to share some ideas so I'll stick around!

Name's Matt, I'm 26 and married. My wife and I *love* hiking, fishing, camping, wilderness, and remote places. We live in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.. nice and close to the Rocky Mountains and about as far up north as we can go. The type of work I do kind of requires city living but we venture outside every opportunity.

We are absolutely capturing by the awe-inspiring beauty we find in the backcountry and up north. Every year we take a road trip up into the Yukon, and see the most incredible things. Last year we spent a week in Kluane national park (heaven on earth) came back down the BC coast, saw the grizzly bears at fish creek in Hyder, Alaska, the great Salmon Glacier in Stewart. Heard the thundering glaciers behind Mount Robson on the world famous Berg Lake trail.

God I can't wait until summer!!

Runs With Beer
01-17-2009, 06:48 AM
Welcome to the forum.

crashdive123
01-17-2009, 07:03 AM
Hello and welcome.

nell67
01-17-2009, 08:44 AM
Welcome to the forum.

endurance
01-17-2009, 01:03 PM
Welcome Matt. I'm a relative newbie to the forum myself. I'm at the southern end of the same range of hills, down here in Colorado. I can appreciate your desire for summer's return; I'm the same way. A derivation of "the harder the toil, the sweeter the rest" for me during these short, cold days is "the harder the winter, the sweeter the spring." Can't wait to get back out there!

Riverrat
01-17-2009, 03:40 PM
Welcome to the forum.

Gray Wolf
01-18-2009, 01:16 AM
Welcome, and make yourself at home.

laughing beetle
01-18-2009, 11:19 PM
Welcome to the forum!!