PDA

View Full Version : where would u go..

artofwoc
01-11-2009, 08:41 AM
if you had to choose between living in fiji's jungle next to the ocean or northern ontario wilderness... which one would you choose? not you have more knowledge on the northern wilderness survival and you know what plants and game that can be caught and eaten.

so which environment would you choose? and which environment would be easier?

Runs With Beer
01-11-2009, 10:19 AM
I like the Jungle.

Tracker
01-11-2009, 10:44 AM
for me, I'd go with Canada, i know a lot more about the terrain.

old soldier
01-11-2009, 10:50 AM
if you had to choose between living in fiji's jungle next to the ocean or northern ontario wilderness... which one would you choose? not you have more knowledge on the northern wilderness survival and you know what plants and game that can be caught and eaten.

so which environment would you choose? and which environment would be easier?

I would take the wilderness, plenty of game up there,fresh water fish,frogs,ect.
plants, wood for shelter and fire,the big plus is that hopefully, most people would head for the ocean jungle so it wouldn't get to crowded.

only enemy other than man may be timber rattlers, grizzlies.
no earth quakes, torranados,hurricanes, Typhoons,sunomies,tidle waves. a forest fire may be possible, but not that often.

also to many deadly creatures in the tropical waters, sea snakes,jelly fish

Stairman
01-11-2009, 10:55 AM
Id pick the jungle only because its at the oceans edge.But the middle of the jungle?forget it,Id brave the cold but not above the tree line.

artofwoc
01-11-2009, 11:29 AM
for me its a tough decision.. most likely fiji cuz it has more abundance of food.. and no cold so survival would be extremely easy.. but the only problem is poisonous animals and plants..

the only down side about the wilderness is the winters..

RBB
01-11-2009, 01:40 PM
I would take the wilderness, plenty of game up there,fresh water fish,frogs,ect.
plants, wood for shelter and fire,the big plus is that hopefully, most people would head for the ocean jungle so it wouldn't get to crowded.

only enemy other than man may be timber rattlers, grizzlies.
no earth quakes, torranados,hurricanes, Typhoons,sunomies,tidle waves. a forest fire may be possible, but not that often.

also to many deadly creatures in the tropical waters, sea snakes,jelly fish

Not too many timber rattlers or grizzlies in northern Ontario.

TDG
01-11-2009, 02:12 PM
Probably Fiji, because it has more food and natural resources for shelters and fires to offer.

old soldier
01-11-2009, 05:56 PM
Not too many timber rattlers or grizzlies in northern Ontario.

I really wasn't sure about the grizzlies and i only new that there are rattlers in southern Ontario. thanks.

rrsnook
01-11-2009, 06:20 PM
with what I know, definetly by the ocean.

tsitenha
01-11-2009, 06:31 PM
Old Soldier, those are Massasauga rattlers, and are fairly timid as rattlers go. They are pretty well limited to south of the French River, further north all is good. (so far)
Grizzly's may have been here in the past (long) but black bears are what we see.

tipacanoe
01-11-2009, 07:31 PM
I was born in Florida, lived there until I went into the the Navy, and since have lived in Maine for 35 years. If I had to decide, it would be to go to Fiji, because while I'm pretty sure I could get thru November and December, no way do I make thru the next three months. You just can't survive on just meat.

primeelite
01-11-2009, 07:46 PM
I would have to go with a cooler climate such as the Appalachians where it is cold but not -30 type of cold for most of the year. Jungle to me seems like there are a lot more threats from insects/animals.

dougz
01-11-2009, 07:52 PM
The jungle, hands down..

Lots more opportunities for vegetation and meat, and a heck of alot more pleasant, besides..

welderguy
01-11-2009, 08:02 PM
cant stand being cold, I would choose the jungle.

red lake
01-11-2009, 08:48 PM
I already chose northern Ontario. I am here, as far north as the (paved) road goes. I am happy here for now, northern Saskatchewan and Manitoba are are also pretty good havens if you ask me.