PDA

View Full Version : The END is Near....I HOPE.....I hope....I hope

Sourdough
01-06-2009, 06:01 PM
:) Looking like the HIGH today will be -24* F Tonight should be a bit nippy, maybe -31* F. Then a change is coming. Might even be above Zip, Nadda, Zero by Thurs. or Friday.

Just another day, yesterday the wood stove would not work, would only get to 125* stack temp. So at -26* F below, up on to the roof with the muted fire burning. Discovered the stack cover had slipped down to close off end of chimney. Boiled hot water to put on nut and bolt, and remove cap. Metalbestes stack creosoted shut, cleaned, broke single wall stack inside, stuffed towels into wood stove outlet, found used 24" single wall in connex, found tin snips to cut old S/W off of the chimney brush and pipe, cabin filled with smoke, towels caught fire, throw out the door, insert more towels, cut up trapped single wall pipe, more towels on fire, repeat, reassemble chimney, more towels on fire, put repaired chimney onto stove, scrape creosote off heat deflector inside stove, which is clogging the chimney.

23 trips up and down ladder, 4 feet of snow on roof, -26* F outside, +18* above inside the cabin temprature (the windows and door were open). Me and tools and clothes covered in creosote tar.

The good life everyone dreams of..........:rolleyes: Note: this was "NOT" survival, just another day on the homestead.

trax
01-06-2009, 06:12 PM
Sooo, what'd you do after breakfast?

nell67
01-06-2009, 06:23 PM
Just another day in Paradise,eh hopeak?? Glad you got it fixed,it sounds a little chilly in Paradise!;)

MCBushbaby
01-06-2009, 06:35 PM
"more towels on fire" :D:D:D Funny

crashdive123
01-06-2009, 06:50 PM
...and all of that without a survival knife. How'd you manage?

Badawg
01-06-2009, 07:04 PM
There's a reason I live in the desert... I spent 4 years chipping Ice off the topsides and never want to go back to that kinda "fun"...

RBB
01-07-2009, 02:05 AM
Sounds like a miserable day. Glad you got it fixed.

sniperfx
01-07-2009, 01:59 PM
Pass On That Action!!!!!

trax
01-07-2009, 02:02 PM
...and all of that without a survival knife. How'd you manage?

he had his bear gryllis daily quotes book in his back pocket the whole time :D :D