PDA

View Full Version : I leave today for a trip

wudshapr
12-27-2008, 08:45 AM
This morning I will begin driving to Colorado and will be there in thirteen hours or so. For a couple years I have been wanting a chance to get myself into a wilderness event like I haven't had before, this may be it. Sure I have done the typical rough camping, but this I plan to purposefully get myself into a precarious situation. I believe I am taking plenty of gear and supplies even if the trip makes a wrong turn, and being winter it could I suppose. Home base will be my buddies house in Golden, but from there I will venture ino the range. Folks I will not lie, I am a noobie, and a little anxious over this. Hopefully that anxiety will keep me on my toes and alert. I will not be able to report here obviously for a couple weeks, but afterwards I will have a complete overview to post. This probably sounds like a bad idea, but on this board some of you live in situations more dire than I expect, so wish me luck! Greg:D

crashdive123
12-27-2008, 09:01 AM
Greg - good luck. Sounds as though you are going to be properly prepared. I do question the statement you made...
but this I plan to purposefully get myself into a precarious situation. Could you explain that a bit more. Does it mean you will experience conditions that you have not yet done so, or does it mean you're going to be jumping off 40 outcroppings into the frigid water below?

wudshapr
12-27-2008, 09:19 AM
I suppose that is a bad term. I meant I will be experiencing new things and working through them. But yeah, I got a ton of gear and a overpacked survival bag. Should be fine.

crashdive123
12-27-2008, 09:36 AM
Cool. Have a great time.

Riverrat
12-27-2008, 09:44 AM
Have a good time, just make sure you do not over do it and let someone know which way you are haeding....better safe then sorry.

larmus
12-27-2008, 12:05 PM
greg, becareful out there if you take a camera take some pics and let us see... remember to keep your wits about ya and dont panic... good luck!

backtobasics
12-27-2008, 12:11 PM
Ditto on what everyone else said and just a warning, there is lots of bad weather coming from the west right now.

chiangmaimav
12-27-2008, 06:53 PM
You are a better man than I am so good luck. I am not in US but I watch news and it sounds like bad weather may be coming, as was said here by others. I would not go right now myself but that's just me so good luck and make sure someone knows where you are going. I was going to put that last thing in capital letters but maybe that's bad manners.. I don't know if there will be signal where you are going but cell phone is definitely good to have.