PDA

View Full Version : Preparedness Book

taiarain
03-01-2007, 11:22 AM
Is anyone else putting together a disaster book for the emergency supplies? I'm working on filling a large binder with laminated sheets containing information that might come in handy. Maps to various locations, survivalist instructions, simple reminders (shut off the gas main...), info on medicinal plants and herbs, etc.

mamab
03-02-2007, 12:50 PM
I haven't thought of doing anything like that. Sounds like a good idea, though. Thanks for suggesting it. What do you have in yours so far?

tater03
03-02-2007, 04:27 PM
That is an awesome idea. I never thought about doing something like this. This would be good for reading over with the whole family once it is done.

reviewer
03-02-2007, 05:06 PM
I'm looking to invest in some guides to things like first aid, edible flora, and other how-to type books that might come in handy in a disaster scenario. Putting a little library seems like a similar idea to yours.

taiarain
03-03-2007, 06:27 PM
So far, it's the maps and reminders. I'm working on developing a list of medicinal plants specific to the conditions my family members deal with and excellent quality photos thereof.

I'm also considering vacuum sealing various seeds for the back of the book.

the edge
03-25-2007, 11:28 PM
great idea this may help me one day

Orion
04-24-2007, 07:29 PM
What happens when you forget the book?... i personally just practice my skills at home so i remember how to survive. also i will be doing that in the wilderness sometime soon so i really wont forget it.

mistylady
04-28-2007, 05:44 PM
There's a book called Apocalypse Chow that you can get from Amazon.com and it has tips and some recipes for when the power goes out and you havve limited supplies. A lot of homesteading books have great info also.

sam30248
05-19-2007, 10:42 PM
I have and i have some good web sites contact me at causeyrichard@hotmail.com

wareagle69
08-25-2007, 12:29 PM
Is anyone else putting together a disaster book for the emergency supplies? I'm working on filling a large binder with laminated sheets containing information that might come in handy. Maps to various locations, survivalist instructions, simple reminders (shut off the gas main...), info on medicinal plants and herbs, etc.

i think this is a great idea i do the same thing myself making my own localized book based on my experiences and also i find it usefull to look up things on the net and down load them for my book, i wishrd i would have thought of this yrs ago would have saved me hundreds of dollars in books and mag subscriptions.

FVR
08-25-2007, 12:39 PM
I think Volwest actually does this for a living.

Hmmm, who'd a thought.

Sarge47
08-25-2007, 01:05 PM
What happens when you forget the book?... i personally just practice my skills at home so i remember how to survive. also i will be doing that in the wilderness sometime soon so i really wont forget it.

It's better to have it & not need it than to need it & not have it, wouldn't you agree:confused:

wareagle69
08-25-2007, 01:40 PM
in response to orion's what would happen if i forgot my book that practicing is better well....

1- i agree practice makes perfect
2- would not forget it seeing as how it's in my bob
3- maybe you are one of the gifted ppl but I'm an old bull riding cage fighting hit in the head by bulls and opponents my brains kind of rattled type of guy so i document every wild food ways i started fires my maps everything so when the shtf and there is enough stress going on my life is just a little bit easier.