PDA

View Full Version : People lacking common sense

owl_girl
09-11-2007, 01:27 PM
We’ve all seen them, crazy people in the woods. It’s pretty hilarious sometimes. I took one of the girls I know hiking once and half way up the trail she started stuffing random leaves in her mouth in attempt to eat them :eek: like a little 2 year old, she thought it was funny and doesn’t take that kind of thing seriously. I tolled her to knock it off and that they could be poisonous. The girl seriously lacks common sense…wow :rolleyes:

Can you guys think of some lol ?

Tony uk
09-11-2007, 03:36 PM
Theres a show called Youve Been Framed on BBC sometimes and they did an episode on people like that, It was some of the most funnyist stuff ive seen :D

Sarge47
09-11-2007, 05:51 PM
I knew a guy that saw waaay to many "Jason"-type films. Always thought there was some crazy psyco-killer out there in the woods with a big knife and wearing a hockey mask. Did you ever hear of anything so silly in your...ARRRRGGGGHHHH!:eek:

survivalhike
09-11-2007, 07:25 PM
I have the best of all time...

I converted a friend of mine to a propane lantern from the battery powered one he was using because it was brighter and it lasted longer. He and I went out and got him a nice Coleman double mantle job, and a propane tank. He spent about 10-15 min puting on the newly purchased mantles, and screwing on the bottle. Once everything was just right in the assembly process, he set it down and turned on the gas..... Then he waited...And waited...And waited some more. I caught on by now and did not say a thing, but he was waiting for it to turn on just like his battery powered lantern. After a few seconds that seemed like 20 minutes he finally figured out that he needed to light it, and quickly shut it off so it could clear a bit before lighting it.

He honestly thought that it was going to light all by itself. It was priceless.

Fog_Harbor
09-11-2007, 08:37 PM
In my home state, there was a saying that the quickest way to commit suicide and stiil get your insurance was to go into the woods during deer season. I thought it was a joke until a friend of mine was shot right next to me. It was a passthrough his thigh, but scared the hell out of both of us.

owl_girl
09-11-2007, 09:03 PM
In my home state, there was a saying that the quickest way to commit suicide and stiil get your insurance was to go into the woods during deer season. I thought it was a joke until a friend of mine was shot right next to me. It was a passthrough his thigh, but scared the hell out of both of us.
Wow that would scare me to.
One of my friends were walking through the woods and some hunters thought she was a deer and started shooting at her so she ran and they actually ran after her shooting even though they couldn’t see what she was. When they got to where they could see her they stopped shooting of course but that’s pretty scary.

criticalmass
09-11-2007, 10:55 PM
I run into them all day. I inspect utility poles for rural co-ops so you can imagine how many people I run into every day. I don't know what the statistics are regarding how many times a person has a gun pulled on them before they get shot but they are stacking up. To date, 3 times on the job with warning shots fired once. Everyone please tell me, if a (or two) man with a bright yellow/orange vest on pulls up in a truck with a big yellow strobe light on top and two different identifying magnets on each side of the truck (including the co-op you send money too every month), if this man walks up to your meter pole (for those of you on the grid) checks it out top to bottom, hits it multiple times with a big effin hammer, then holds a big yellow electronic object (trimble gps/field computer) up to the pole for a few seconds and then moves on to the next pole to repeat...........would you have to come out of your house and say "what are you doing"?

For future reference if I run into any of you, please don't shoot me. If you have power lines on your property, somewhere in the history of your property easement was granted to the owner of those lines/poles and they have the right to send anyone they want, day or night, without permission, onto that easement to perform whatever duties necessary.

Sorry for the rant. I just have people every day watch me perform my job and somehow can not figure out what I am doing.

Fog_Harbor
09-12-2007, 07:34 PM
I wouldn't look at ya twice, CM, unless you started actin strange

owl_girl
09-13-2007, 01:42 AM
Those are some pretty good stories guys.

U.S.Marine2111
09-13-2007, 01:23 PM
We’ve all seen them, crazy people in the woods. It’s pretty hilarious sometimes. I took one of the girls I know hiking once and half way up the trail she started stuffing random leaves in her mouth in attempt to eat them :eek: like a little 2 year old, she thought it was funny and doesn’t take that kind of thing seriously. I tolled her to knock it off and that they could be poisonous. The girl seriously lacks common sense…wow :rolleyes:

Can you guys think of some lol ?

Point that dumb ***** towards some poison ivy next time, that'll make her think twice before she starts putting strange things in her mouth! I bet she's a real hit with all the guys!:D

Fog_Harbor
09-13-2007, 03:40 PM
Met a guy in the woods with a road map once! Didn't know where he was, but if he came across a road, he was ready!